Author Topic: Roll tactic(s) help  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Roll tactic(s) help
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
I'm sorry Mid..you made my smile turn upside down now a feel bad. :uhoh
 :D
 :salute

:) :salute :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
What do you do!?

Tailslide!  :banana:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
Sorry If I haven't searched the threads with the proper phrasing and this is repetitive. If someone with really good links to video/walkthrough/explanations regarding using roll tactics would post them up I'd really appreciate it. I have watched numerous videos on youtube and other places that claim they illustrate rolling scissors etc. really well only to find that the video leaves me often more confused. Specifically, I'm talking about using the roll of the Fw's. It seems every time I try to perform rolling scissors or a low yo-yo I don't achieve the desired result of overshoot. Treading through all the youtube vids is getting frustrating.

Also, if you have your own AH videos that would work great too, as I now have learned how to use the vid viewer that accompanies the game.

Thanks.

The high roll rate of the FW190 is not a factor in a rolling scissors but it could be an advantage in a flat scissors because the high roll rate lets you change direction faster.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
The high roll rate of the FW190 is not a factor in a rolling scissors but it could be an advantage in a flat scissors because the high roll rate lets you change direction faster.

This  ^^^

We've all heard that the FW was highly manuverable but yet it turns very poorly under corner speed! The reason it was considered manuverable was it's ability to point the lift vector at will,try that in an unclipped spit at low speeds and high throttle settings.
   There's been plenty said in this thread that I dont agree with but I wont go into that.
                                                                                                                              Rotbaron,if your able to make the training arena in the evenings look either Bigrat or myself up in there,we're both there most evenings between 9 pm and 11 pm. I'm sure since you're already exploring how to use roll that an hour or so working with a trainer will set you in the right direction.

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »
Yes ... find Morfiend and the TA .  Fastest way to learn.     Hub

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »

There's been plenty said in this thread that I dont agree with but I wont go into that.
But i sure wish you would.
 :aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
  Thx Hub!

While I may or may not be of much help spending time in the TA and flying your plane to it;s limits is surely the best way to improve. I'm an advocate of using full or near full fuel loads in the training arena,learning to fly a heavy plane at the limits makes flying 1 at 1/2 or 1/4 tank feel like I'm cheating.... :devil.....

You simply cant get enough quality seat time in the mains or DA when you're new so it's always a good idea to practice then put that practice into action. You cant play hockey without learning how to skate first!

PS: Sunka,I dont want to start a Epeen match in this forum so I wont comment.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
Well all i got to say to new guys is its hard to know who's advice is sound and who's is not...best to look for that training tag i suppose.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
Thanks for all the input. I'll definitely look in the TA to meet up.

To be a little bit more specific about the D on my 6, it could be from any distance and often there is no chance to outrun or dive because they're already shooting and/or I'm already on the deck. Maybe I'm not managing my Alt very well. Maybe that is a tactic; to get a 190 on the deck? I have found the ability (in some situations) to turn with and even out turn some of these aforementioned fighters.

The one I have found regularly to be the most frustrating is the P38 vs. my 190 A-5. However, I have read that there's not much hope vs. a skilled pilot, unless you can get them to bleed off their E first. The Lightning's ability to cut you down at D1000+ is a little frustrating and even in a Dora I've not been able to out-run them, in that situation they must me managing their E, right?

Anybody with videos illustrating how to use the 190 to the best of its' abilities?

Anybody willing to look at some of my videos and critique?  

TIA,

Rot
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:32:43 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Thanks for all the input. I'll definitely look in the TA to meet up.

To be a little bit more specific about the D on my 6, it could be from any distance and often there is no chance to outrun or dive because they're already shooting and/or I'm already on the deck. Maybe I'm not managing my Alt very well. Maybe that is a tactic; to get a 190 on the deck? I have found the ability (in some situations) to turn with and even out turn some of these aforementioned fighters.

The one I have found regularly to be the most frustrating is the P38 vs. my 190 A-5. However, I have read that there's not much hope vs. a skilled pilot, unless you can get them to bleed off their E first. The Lightning's ability to cut you down at D1000+ is a little frustrating and even in a Dora I've not been able to out-run them, in that situation they must me managing their E, right?

Anybody with videos illustrating how to use the 190 to the best of its' abilities?

Anybody willing to look at some of my videos and critique?  

TIA,

Rot

Sure, post the video.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7qajkli041y835

My 2 v 1 in a 109G6. Fight begins at 10:00 or 11:00 if I remember correctly. Make sure to check the "use recorded views" when you watch it, so that you can see how to keep your SA up and what to do when an enemy is on  your 6.

EDIT: 13:00 actually, before that is just a few skirmishes I had. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:47:07 PM by titanic3 »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 01:18:41 AM »
FLS,
the flat scissors is a fail in the 190s, against just like anything, as this aircraft cant really fly slowly, also needs to be in uphill mode only to keep your flaps opened.
True, the high roll rate is an advantage, but the high stall speed is an unmatchable disadvantage in the flat scissors.
AoM
City of ice

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 04:10:49 AM »
The flat scissors doesn't have to be slow. By reversing faster you can get out of phase with the bandit.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
The high speed rolling scissors is more effective than the high speed flat scissors, theoretically.
AoM
City of ice