Author Topic: Grounds for text suspension  (Read 10134 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Grounds for text suspension
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »
The limit was changed a few months back.

I know that is the limit in the code, and I am 90% sure it is the current version the host is running. But I can not 100% remember when the change was made vs when the last host was installed.

HiTech

Apparently, it is not working as intended...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,339029.0.html
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
What offenses are reportable? and who is in charge of of weeding out the false reports from the just reports on the weekend??????

I researched the reports and found all to be valid.  Your suspension came as a result of the players proper use of the report mechanism.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
So if I get more than 120 minutes, I can blow up your voicemail until it is fixed?

A few months?  Before the middle of September?

Our host version is currently frozen until we release a new client to match it. And we do not have voice mail at HTC, you call you get a live person if we are here.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
Apparently, it is not working as intended...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,339029.0.html

I know it was changed after that post, because it was that post that caused me to change it.

HiTech

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:04:14 PM by hitech »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
Ya know, back in my teenager years when I first started playing this game, and there was practically no filter between my mind and my mouth/keyboard, I was constantly muted or chat suspended at least once a month.  There comes a time when you finally have to grow up and learn to use that filter between your mind and mouth, or create one if you lack it.  For me, this came from taking about a year break from the game.  Since then, I don't think I've been muted, chat suspended, or even warned in the last few years.  Taking a break really helps, if it doesn't, then the problem lies within yourself.  Once you defeat that "paranoia" that someone is out to get you and only mutes you, the game becomes much more enjoyable.  Of course, detuning 200 and squelching might help your situation, but it proves that you lack self control.

That's just my two cents.

#S#

Josh
Tours 86 - 296

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:26:40 PM by hitech »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
Inappropriate langue has never been a problem for the 113th Lucky Strikes.   With over 10 years as a  Aces High squad I can count on one hand the number of times a member has slipped.  We try to remember that not everyone on VOX has a headset and whatever is spoken may be heard by a member’s entire family.   So we continue to follow one simple rule, speak and type as if you were talking to grandma.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
Inappropriate langue has never been a problem for the 113th Lucky Strikes.   With over 10 years as a  Aces High squad I can count on one hand the number of times a member has slipped.  We try to remember that not everyone on VOX has a headset and whatever is spoken may be heard by a member’s entire family.   So we continue to follow one simple rule, speak and type as if you were talking to grandma.

Good advice.

- oldman

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
What I don't understand is  how a 'older' community(the squeekers usually don't whine) playing a game that depicts death and destruction can be so thin skinned about such trivial things, as to mute someone over something so innocent as what Squat said.(I was there) I saw what was being said and SQUAT was the least offensive  however the instigators of the convo kept on chatting up 200. Skuzzy you can say you looked it up all you want but I know what went down I was there. It is a clear cut example of the good ole boys club.

This is not rule 4 by the way,  just calling it as it is.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:34:31 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I'd shake that mods hand, everytime I see a bag of those I laugh.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »
no politics or religion, those are good ones to avoid.. there are plenty of loudmouths who cannot resist tho.. their opinions are so valuable they MUST be shared!

i just .report them... rarely works though, because i see the same loudmouths spouting off day after day..

HOWEVER when the pother people being way more politicval than Squat keep on yaking away on 200 after Squat is muted is clearly what the real issue is. You can look at this thread and clearly see all the flamebaiting being ignored but If say someone like me was to say something like 'I heard the mods can make their e plane light as bamboo and with a super engine' Id get rule 4'd and banned. Yet here it is in this very thread the good ole boy network in play.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
I kind of have to agree with Nathan60 and also Redbull who said the same thing earlier in the thread. A lot of the worst stuff on 200 never seems to draw the wrath of the moderators...

You can look at this thread and clearly see all the flamebaiting being ignored but If say someone like me was to say something like 'I heard the mods can make their e plane light as bamboo and with a super engine' Id get rule 4'd and banned. Yet here it is in this very thread the good ole boy network in play.

lol - so I'm a part of the good old boy network?  :rofl

you do know that I was banned for 2 weeks for posting the video with that comment about the bamboo plane etc?

I was also muted ingame for quoting something else in the video (Snech's sperm swapping allegation :D ), when far more abusive stuff is said on 200 constantly (usually with real malice behind it, not jokingly quoting someone else's bad manners)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »
The only issue is if the reports from the community were valid or not.  They were valid.  This has nothing to do with moderators.

Understand the concept of it requiring multiple instances, over a specific period of time, before text and/r VOX privs are lost.

Example:  Ten players talking about something, and they all get two votes each.  All good, until you realize that three of the others already had multiple votes in the queue from previous instances of problematic behavior and those three lose thier privs and the others do not.

When used properly, the system works as it should.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:13:50 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com