Author Topic: Gun Accidents.....how safe are you? really?  (Read 7007 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Gun Accidents.....how safe are you? really?
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
With this video...I don't think anyone is safe with folks like this owning weapons lol. (This video alone proves that only the neglect of the owner will cause a misfire 99% of the time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dmtOEI7sAAs
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2012, 07:49:24 AM »
Life is not bonehead safe. God must love fools and idiots, he made so many......

No matter how hard you try to make something fool proof, a bigger fool WILL rise to the occasion and hurt / kill him / herself. The only thing more common than elemental hydrogen in the universe is stupidity. Never under estimate the power of human stupidity.

Trite phrases, yes. They do have more than a grain of truth to them.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 08:19:13 AM »
It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.

I'll debate you on the hydrogen one though.  Dark matter is also more common than hydrogen.  Unless - brainstorm! - dark matter IS human stupidity.  It would explain SOOOO much!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
With this video...I don't think anyone is safe with folks like this owning weapons lol. (This video alone proves that only the neglect of the owner will cause a misfire 99% of the time).

That video is full of a lot of different things.  I feel sorry for the people who were firing guns that had never been properly taught. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »

:O

wow.......the young kid....holy crap

anyone know what kind of rifle at the 6-7 minute mark?  that thing is serious

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

1:07 = Why your should always check the timing and head space on the M2HB. Lucky it didn't blow up in his face.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »
Most of those I hadn't seen before...  I think the one that might actually cause me to turn my pants brown is the rocket launcher that just spits it out and it falls at your feet.  You actually have time to realize what is happening, unlike some of the more violent failures in there.

In gun safety one of the first things I was taught about shooting was never to shoot at a hard, flat surface.  Yet you go to a range, and find a lot of hard, flat surfaces in the form of metallic silhouettes.  Always confused me.

Somewhere in the middle of that video, there was one I had seen before, where a guy was shooting a .50 cal rifle at a silhouette and you see him shoot, and right around the time the sound of the hit gets back to him his ear protectors get knocked off by a ricochet.

I realize bullets do some strange, strange things (anybody see the Mythbusters with the 9mms spinning on the ice after being shot into it?  I'dve bet a lot of money that was fake) but, how is it physically possible for a ricochet to go right back along its path to point of origin?  I just can't see how it would bounce straight back.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
I realize bullets do some strange, strange things (anybody see the Mythbusters with the 9mms spinning on the ice after being shot into it?  I'dve bet a lot of money that was fake)

Wiley.
That 9mm in ice is factual. I'll take your money, thanks.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »

Me too.  Try it sometimes, just follow the 10 rules of firearm safety before you start shooting.   :aok 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

Oh I know, and I understand how it happens, but looking at the initial videos, I didn't believe it.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »
anyone know what kind of rifle at the 6-7 minute mark?  that thing is serious

I think its called a t-rex .577 friggin awsome although I wouldnt shoot it without a muzzlebreak :old: 
that just goes to show how STUPID people CAN be

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2012, 07:19:40 AM »
I think its called a t-rex .577 friggin awsome although I wouldnt shoot it without a muzzlebreak :old: 
that just goes to show how STUPID people CAN be

that thing is a beast :aok

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
NEVER EVER PULL A TRIGGER ON A GUN TO ENSURE ITS EMPTY/SAFE...... NEVER!!

You always open the action and verify clear and safe by ensuring that the source of ammo is removed... Magazine, shotgun shells, etc.... then verify the chamber is empty.  You will do this step each time you pick up a gun no matter if you think its unloaded or not.  

By programming yourself to pull the trigger on a gun you assume to be empty will get you or someone else killed.  Its poor weapons handling on your part and piss poor training.  I highly recommend you get proper training from a credible source.

To the OP, there is no such thing as an "Accident" when it deals with guns, its only negligence.

Mmmwhahahahahahah...did I start this thread?  It IS a poorly designed disassembly procedure! Period! (in my opinion) What are the percentages of people injured with an accidental discharge of Glock VS other major brands? was the Glock being disassembled? What percentage of injuries were during disassembly? If these stats are in the clouds, a proven argument is elusive, at best.  :rofl
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,