Author Topic: perks for completing achevements  (Read 2578 times)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
perks for completing achevements
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »
Was thinking u should be awarded a certain amount of acheivments for each one you complete. The harder the achivment the more perks imo,  would make it a target for completing a bigger achevrment. I think u know what i mean.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: perks for completing achevements
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
You already gain perks for doing these things. The achievement award is perhaps just another incentive to participate in that aspect of the game.
-AoM-

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »
if you dont get perks there is no point...and message for achieving something is a waste of time...ooooo a badge :x oooooo i achieved something and got nothing  :headscratch:

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:57:41 AM »
ooooo a badge :x oooooo i achieved something and got nothing  :headscratch:
The feeling of completing a goal is enough for some!

Although +1 for the perks.  I don't personally need them; however it will provide additional incentive for people to try new things.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:13:44 AM »
Aside from the bailing achievement and the jeep jump achievement, which one don't you gain perks for accomplishing?
-AoM-

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »
Aside from the bailing achievement and the jeep jump achievement, which one don't you gain perks for accomplishing?
if you dont get something for achievement its pointless... this type of system is used in games to give bonuses towards "weapons" and other game playing "perks"... it gives new people drive to do things they wouldnt other wise do because it helps them get what they want sooner...I.E. ME262,B-29 and King Tiger. this kind of system is designed to keep more and new people playing...the old dogs of the game don't need a reason to keep playing...but we do always need more people to kill :) so yes, it needs a perk bonus!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
Other games do quite well with only very limited rewards attached to achievements.  Perks are not required, though an overall score would be nice.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »
I can not think of any reward for achievements in he games I have played.

HiTech

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »

HiTech

Did they have a reward system in place...like perks?
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »

HiTech
Some games have some minor things that don't affect much.  WoW has some rewards such as titles you can add to your character's name, non-combat pets, slightly faster mounts and tabards.  Generally those are awarded after completing a bunch of achievements for which there is an achievement to have completely all of the sub-achievements.

I am unaware of any game that gives rewards that significantly affect the gameplay.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
The achievements I've seen in most games would be in the form of XP (experience points bonus).

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
Some games have some minor things that don't affect much.  WoW has some rewards such as titles you can add to your character's name, non-combat pets, slightly faster mounts and tabards.  Generally those are awarded after completing a bunch of achievements for which there is an achievement to have completely all of the sub-achievements.

I am unaware of any game that gives rewards that significantly affect the gameplay.

Yes I proudly where my adventures title. But been a few years since I played.

HiTech

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »

HiTech

Usualy it's a "secondary" or novelty/vanity rewards that doesn't impact gameplay.

Thought that come to mind that might work in the MAs (some with or without gameplay impact):
-Titles
-Airshow Smokes  (black, whites and greys could be gamey - but neons or colorful ones)
-20k bomber airspawns over friendly HQ
-Fuel burn 1.0 or closer to it.
-More drones in bomber formations
-Different bomber formations
-A hot air baloon equiped with Mk103 turret.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 03:21:01 PM »
HiTech

World of Warcraft offers plenty of rewards for achievements - titles, pets, and rare mounts in the case of difficult raiding meta achievements.

Here's a link to my WoW character that showcases some of the raiding/dungeon metas and their respective rewards.

Edit:  Also, just a thought - a similar reward in AH would be an exclusive plane skin.  It doesn't affect the game play in any way, but it does serve as a nice vanity prize for accomplishing particularly difficult achievements.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:26:23 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »
World of Warcraft offers plenty of rewards for achievements - titles, pets, and rare mounts in the case of difficult raiding meta achievements.

Here's a link to my WoW character that showcases some of the raiding/dungeon metas and their respective rewards.

Edit:  Also, just a thought - a similar reward in AH would be an exclusive plane skin.  It doesn't affect the game play in any way, but it does serve as a nice vanity prize for accomplishing particularly difficult achievements.

I don't want a/my monkey running loose in my cockpit, and likely neither does anyone else.  If we get horses, who cleans the stables?  Think this gaming community wasn't already on PETA's radar - if Lassie hanging off his collar and leash while tethered to a tailhook during a 500mph dive doesn't do it, the first player to mistake him for a target drogue and posts the film will do it!

Pets and mounts I don't think will work with AH.  Maybe costumes/pilot-customizations - but this would necessitate a chicken before the egg.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:50:45 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.