Author Topic: Achievement suggestions  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Achievement suggestions
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 05:22:22 AM »
I play the game for the fight and there are already too many other players who won't fight without a massive advantage. So yes I want to bias the achievements to benefit my style of play, not because I care about winning achievements but because others will and they might be more inclined to fight if the achievement they are after isn't based around K/D.

In general though I believe the game would benefit if the number of people fighting in the MA at any time went up not down.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
Greebo must be a bloody dweeb, for real...
AoM
City of ice

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Well if that is what you are after then all aircraft could just have altitude governors on them and 12k would be max alt. That is just as ridiculous as suggesting that K/D have no role in the game.

In the end whether a particular achievement is based upon K/D will not effect the fights in the game because the vast majority of people do not have the patience for a high kill ratio and will quickly give up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
There should be an achievement for running over a plane with a GV.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »
{Puts on striped referee jersey}  (Blows whistle)

I have seen some pretty good suggestions in this thread.  Some of them have been light hearted and fun, and others more military or more skill oriented.  Just taking a look at the use of color coaded icons, suggests to me that there is a classification for each (or could be).

I think the discussion should be open on the effects on game play, but not on each other's preference.  In fact, I believe that there could be a legitimate place for both and not entirely limited to the Main Arena as has been suggested for use in the Training Arena  :aok and I would like to add a customizable list for Special Events, Axis Versus Allies, and Custom Arenas.

I do believe that skill achievements that might influence shy behavior be set at such a high level in the Main Arena,  to discourage the average player from attempting them in the first place. ( I know my logic may seem to echo elite bias but some of us have no "quah" and have no business attempting 230 kills with no deaths, not even 20  ;) . Yet for others they might fine themselves practically there with zero effort).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:19:11 PM by Chilli »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
Shameful punt  :o  I just clipped some ideas for icons.  (Yes, I realize lawyers and copyright might need some work-arounds, but what if?)

"The Gilligan" = Run a fully functional PT aground.  :uhoh

"The 007" = Catch 7 seconds of air in a PT Boat.  (Secret technique known only to a few veteran dweebs like myself).    :cheers:

"The Bourne Assassin" = Kill a troop or another chute with .45 pistol.  :noid

"The Slam Dunk" = Successfully land a plane with everything on the damage list damaged.  :joystick:

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
I never said K/D should have no role in the game, K/D will always have a role in the score stats and that is not going away. However achievements are a new goal that some players will go for and I think it would be better if they were set up to encourage at least some of those people to fight rather than sit back and pick. If not all of the achievements then at least most of them. I think we've exhausted the topic though, lets move on.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
There is no such thing as a 'pick' Greebo. 'Pick' is just a whine by the weaker players that experienced a different outcome than their own expectations. It is a trait of poor SA to whine about it like that. Rise above it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
There is no such thing as a 'pick' Greebo. 'Pick' is just a whine by the weaker players that experienced a different outcome than their own expectations. It is a trait of poor SA to whine about it like that. Rise above it.

of course there is such a thing....does not make it a "bad" thing......the one that got "picked" should not have been so target fixated

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
How about a...

I only post Achievements suggestions in the Achievement suggestions thread Achievement.

Call it the Triple "A-bbs" Achievement.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
P51s over Romania?
As far as i know, he only flew Gustavs on combat missions.
Yes, in spring 1944 I/JG52 was stationed in Rumania defending Ploesti and Bucharest from American raids. His biography details him bailing out after a long time of scissoring to get away from some Mustangs and running out of fuel. He was almost strafed in his parachute. According to this book he flew various models of the G as well as the K in combat. I don't know why one'd think he never transitioned to the K, of course the ace of aces would be put in the 109 of 109s- he was even supposed to fly the Me 262 in JV-44, but declined before going into combat and went back to the eastern front.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
of course there is such a thing....does not make it a "bad" thing......the one that got "picked" should not have been so target fixated

No, there is no such thing. It is an excuse that the dead guy had an expectation that was unreasonable and that differed from the guy that shot him. Its like saying I wish you had not shot me which goes without saying. . . so why say it?

"Picked" is an oxymoron.

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
 I like the Hartman one, i tried to match (and did) otto kittels kill total of 267 (i had 283, tour 143) but in  A8 only, even tho he flew a 109F as well.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2012, 04:07:15 AM »
I have never been picked too when i was flying  152 at 30k+
Just saying.
AoM
City of ice

Offline F77

• Copper Member