Author Topic: Do it right, NOT THIS..please.  (Read 2938 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: Do it right, NOT THIS..please.
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 04:21:11 AM »
wow, people will piss and moan about every possible little thing they can, just gotta whine about something. htc tries to do something that may turn out to be good and all the self proclaimed intelligencia wannabes immediately turn into intitled brats who would squeak if they were hung with a new rope. nevermind that a person never has to even look at the achievements. it affects your game in no way. not even a little bit. also i dont know why you would complain, bc imo from my experience with you, the WoW mentality is an exact description of YOU and how you play the game. the fight means nothing to you, just get that kill no matter how you get it. only that almighty kill stat matters. thats right up your alley Olds.
AlBundy

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 04:34:12 AM »
albundy Who are you?  And you obviously have no clue who I am given your antagonistic vile post above.  I made a recommendation, it was far from a whine.  If you have nothing constructive to add to this, why post?  You realize that there are multiple olds and I have used this callsign all of 3 weeks...and I have no friggen clue who you are.  Given you registration date, I was deployed to Afghanistan for an additional 6ish months when you joined, so what exactly is your "experience" with me? Maybe look at your post above, and then maybe you will see how ironic the content is given the manner in which you posted.....especially since your kills per hours of flight reflect the type of player you accuse me of being (one that does not care about the "fight"...)

Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:59:28 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 05:03:34 AM »
I like Karnak's idea, still, two things just flashed into my mind.
-what if i dont want soundish prefixes in front of my name? What if i dont want to see ÜberHauptGeneralissimus vDallas or Who?  ;)
-There are many people who fly planes of multiple nations. How would that rank system match for them? They just cant get 10 ranks of 10 different nations... i hope you see the oddity in this.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »
I'm getting a little bit fed up of people referring to the WoW mentality!  I play WoW most days and really enjoy it , but I also enjoy playing Aces High. Yes, WoW has achievements which I consider to be mostly just a bit of fun, though there are more 'serious' ones too. It looks like there will also be a good mix of silly and serious achievements in AH too, and I think it just gives another element to the game which I will enjoy but you can choose to ignore if you wish. 

There are idiots in every game, including WoW and AH, so please don't tar us all with the same brush!   :old:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
I'm getting a little bit fed up of people referring to the WoW mentality!  I play WoW most days and really enjoy it , but I also enjoy playing Aces High. Yes, WoW has achievements which I consider to be mostly just a bit of fun, though there are more 'serious' ones too. It looks like there will also be a good mix of silly and serious achievements in AH too, and I think it just gives another element to the game which I will enjoy but you can choose to ignore if you wish.  

There are idiots in every game, including WoW and AH, so please don't tar us all with the same brush!   :old:

Skuzzy/Mods.  Please close this thread, it's obvious that my intent is being misconstrued...and people can't see the forest from the trees and are more worried about nitpicking the irrelevant crap out of this post than seeing the recommendation.  Thanks. My Fault, next time I'll leave the distractors out, or as I am quickly learning will just stop posting.  Have a good one, and Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:46:00 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
In no way have I changed the way I fly, or noticed a change in others flying, since the beta release.

Keyword Beta

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »
albundy Who are you?  And you obviously have no clue who I am given your antagonistic vile post above.  I made a recommendation, it was far from a whine.  If you have nothing constructive to add to this, why post?  You realize that there are multiple olds and I have used this callsign all of 3 weeks...and I have no friggen clue who you are.  Given you registration date, I was deployed to Afghanistan for an additional 6ish months when you joined, so what exactly is your "experience" with me? Maybe look at your post above, and then maybe you will see how ironic the content is given the manner in which you posted.....especially since your kills per hours of flight reflect the type of player you accuse me of being (one that does not care about the "fight"...)

Merry Christmas.
i probably shouldve at least given the hint of being constructive. but i didnt. seems like i unloaded my frustation with people in game on you.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »
I'm getting a little bit fed up of people referring to the WoW mentality!  I play WoW most days and really enjoy it , but I also enjoy playing Aces High. Yes, WoW has achievements which I consider to be mostly just a bit of fun, though there are more 'serious' ones too. It looks like there will also be a good mix of silly and serious achievements in AH too, and I think it just gives another element to the game which I will enjoy but you can choose to ignore if you wish. 

There are idiots in every game, including WoW and AH, so please don't tar us all with the same brush!   :old:
I also have a WoW account.

I gather from one of HiTech's posts that he has had a WoW account, or another fantasy MMO account with achievements, in the past as well.

If this thread does get closed I'll just move my suggestion based on Moelders' concerns to another thread.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 06:00:48 AM »
Because it's pretty obvious that this is catering to the WoW generation of players.

Not exactly but it IS the trend of most all new games.  Prove it for yourself - just check out the dozens of games on Steam.  ;)

I compliment HiTech for working to incorporate this achievement type model WITHOUT changing the quality of the planes and game play of the flight models.  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
I like Karnak's idea.

Although I have not gone through the list, I do enjoy getting and sharing what achievements I have gotten just through normal game-play.  Some have made me giggle and I think that was entirely the point.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
Not exactly but it IS the trend of most all new games.  Prove it for yourself - just check out the dozens of games on Steam.  ;)

I compliment HiTech for working to incorporate this achievement type model WITHOUT changing the quality of the planes and game play of the flight models.  :aok

Quoted for mirroring my own realization when I first heard the word achievement mentioned in connection with AH. However. . . until things get adjusted this is just something else that can be gamed.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Villain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
I have been on the Internet since 1992 and have been a gamer the whole time. All the games i have played,including this game the changes are made only for the business part and not the player. Also its the players that say i want change. So to make new player's happy they change things, that's when the game changes and starts to go south, And some quite but others keep playing. And last time i played the modeling of the planes change alot(crying players that can't really play good) It's all about money....What isn't???

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »
I have been on the Internet since 1992 and have been a gamer the whole time. All the games i have played,including this game the changes are made only for the business part and not the player. Also its the players that say i want change. So to make new player's happy they change things, that's when the game changes and starts to go south, And some quite but others keep playing. And last time i played the modeling of the planes change alot(crying players that can't really play good) It's all about money....What isn't???

We have a winner!!!

You have achieved the "Truth of the matter" achievement  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »
Actually it's all about sex, money just facilitates that.  :banana:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
Actually it's all about sex, money just facilitates that.  :banana:

Where is your other banana?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.