Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6365 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 07:19:08 AM »
Yes, this was the situation I came upon.  The 1v1 had clearly been going on for a long time.  See the OP.  Having numerous times been in a 1v1 and then having the con's squadie(s) step in to help him, no one asked me but I didn't mind and just dealt with the extra challenge.

Some here have accused me of having a guilty conscience and my posting was simply an attempt to justify my bad behavior.  No.  My conscience was/is clear.  

Muzik sums things up pretty well.  If the hallowed 1v1 is so special then why don't those who cherish them so much just schedule them in advance and go to the DA or TA?

I am done with this thread and genuinely thank those who replied, even those accusing me of a "guilty conscience".  I come away from all of this with a sense of disillusionment in the game.  Maybe I need to find another activity.  Too bad though.  Trying to experience some of what it must have been like to be a WWII fighter pilot, hurtling a potent crate through the sky with all of the anticipation and excitement that goes with, was at least for awhile a really neat experience.  Maybe I'll just return to single-player IL2 Sturmovik where all other pilots are robots.  See ya.

WOW!  just WOW!

Felling a little big on yourself maybe? Look, it's a game. Play how you like, ignore the people you don't like and have fun. If someone giving you crap bothers you so much you may have other issues to worry about. Good luck plying with yourself..... in IL2

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:43 AM »
Maybe I'll just return to single-player IL2 Sturmovik where all other pilots are robots.  See ya.

I percieve you are a little sensitive to verbal conflict. A good solid year of Aces High + forum will knock that out of you.

Of course you can go back to the comfort of your bots. As Bruce Lee said: bots don't fight back.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
This topic reflects life in general, where there are no objective morals.  You can choose to do whatever you want, regardless of how those actions affect other people, and deal with the consequences, good or bad.  Or you can choose to do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself, regardless if other people will also live like this or not, and deal with those consequences, good or bad.

Personally, if I see a 1v1 in the MA, I will ask my fellow countryman if he wants help.  If he doesn't answer I will usually stay out, but not always.  How could you tell if he wants help, but maybe doesn't have a mic, or didn't hear you ask?  Maybe he gets killed and then asks why none of the friendlies in the area didn't come to help him.  IMO, I'd rather have a pissed off teammate who lived, than a pissed off teammate who got killed.

IMO, no one in the MA should be too upset about not getting a 1v1, or having a 1v1 broken up by another person, friend or foe.  If you really want just 1v1's, then go to the DA and find a like minded mate.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:53:22 AM by blazer65 »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
I'll bet the angry party had expended his ammo and was hoping for a maneuver kill.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
So unlike the many posts saying that it's OK to enter a 1v1 if you first ask your team mate (and he says OK), you are saying it is not OK (unless I guess if one also asks the con if it's OK and he also says yes, but this seems a bit cumbersome).  Many have said it's OK if you ask first.  But you say it's never OK, I guess.  Unless the 1v1 is in a furball or perhaps close enough to the action or a furball.  Judgement call on how close is close I guess.  This seems a bit counter intuitive for the Main Arena, but I'll admit ignorance about this stuff.  I would have thought helping a team mate in a 1v1 if he asks for help or agrees to the help when queried would be the expected behavior.  He may be in trouble because he is in an inferior ride, for example.  :confused:

To me it's very simple.  In the MA, if they are red I'm going after them.  If two people want a 1v1, then they should find an empty base or better yet go to the DA.  :aok

I get thanked often for helping someone in a 1v1 and get berated, on rare occasion, for jumping in.   I appreciate the former and ignore the rare berater. :)

Just like in real life you sometimes have to ignore those that wish to disparage you. :old:

The many thank yous far outweigh a cursing furious should have been in the DA pilot that you occasionally run into. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline dbh991

• Zinc Member
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »

WOW!  just WOW!

Felling a little big on yourself maybe?  ...  Good luck plying with yourself..... in IL2
I am going to treat this particular post as if it never existed and I never read it.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »
You're likely going to get a  several different opinions on this, however what it's worth  my thoughts are this.

If I see a 1v1 happening, regardless of what arena I'm in it seems to me that it would be a common courtesy to ask before jumping in.  Either way a quick "hey to you need help?" is far easier than any other alternative.

I believe this is the correct answer.  :aok 

Since everyone has their own opinion about how to proceed, just ask them what they want, and you're all set. Trying to figure out a set of rules is futile, because every player will a different answer, at different times.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
I believe this is the correct answer.  :aok 

Since everyone has their own opinion about how to proceed, just ask them what they want, and you're all set. Trying to figure out a set of rules is futile, because every player will a different answer, at different times.

+1.  I will try to kill each con properly.  I will arrange DA time.  I will ask before jumping in.  But know this, I'm shooting something... It's getting done, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »
I have had both ends: I have helped someone who looked like they were in trouble and been accused of kill stealing. I have also intentionally stayed out of a fight and then been accused of not helping.  :bhead

These days I play with the volume on voice chat turned down to 0 and the text chat hidden while flying. Life has been much better since.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:58 AM »
To me it's very simple.  In the MA, if they are red I'm going after them.  If two people want a 1v1, then they should find an empty base or better yet go to the DA.  :aok

I get thanked often for helping someone in a 1v1 and get berated, on rare occasion, for jumping in.   I appreciate the former and ignore the rare berater. :)

Just like in real life you sometimes have to ignore those that wish to disparage you. :old:

The many thank yous far outweigh a cursing furious should have been in the DA pilot that you occasionally run into. :)

In other words you chose to hear that wich inflates your ego, and ignore those that tell you when you're negatively affecting their gameplay.  Very symptomatic of affliction that affects you so greatly.
Who is John Galt?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »
In other words you chose to hear that wich inflates your ego, and ignore those that tell you when you're negatively affecting their gameplay.  Very symptomatic of affliction that affects you so greatly.

Well said.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »
When the Grayclif is challenged repeatedly in the MA, and taunted by a player (who will remain nameless) to come to the DA - the Grayclif will respond by going to said DA and hunting down the harrasser regardless of whom that individual is dueling with; and shoot him/her down. If you want a fair duel, then please "pm" me in the MA and type the following: "glove slap across face". That means you would like to duel the Black Knight of Aces High - Grayclif, and I will gladly come and mince your plane to pieces. Do not be reporting the Grayclif for conduct or so called "etiquette" violations. Seriously? Etiquette? Etiquette only applies to chat and voice in the Grayclif's book.

Sincerely,

The Grayclif

ALL HAIL THE GRAYCLIF

<H>  please be seated

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
When the Grayclif is challenged repeatedly in the MA, and taunted by a player (who will remain nameless) to come to the DA - the Grayclif will respond by going to said DA and hunting down the harrasser regardless of whom that individual is dueling with; and shoot him/her down. If you want a fair duel, then please "pm" me in the MA and type the following: "glove slap across face". That means you would like to duel the Black Knight of Aces High - Grayclif, and I will gladly come and mince your plane to pieces. Do not be reporting the Grayclif for conduct or so called "etiquette" violations. Seriously? Etiquette? Etiquette only applies to chat and voice in the Grayclif's book.

Sincerely,

The Grayclif

ALL HAIL THE GRAYCLIF

<H>  please be seated

Do you get your drugs from a pharmacy or street corner?  If it is the latter, may I please have the location of the street corner?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:35 AM »
Oh great, another 'care in the community' player  :rolleyes:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:37 AM »

Sincerely,

The Grayclif

ALL HAIL THE GRAYCLIF

<H>  please be seated

you are as irritating as "who"