Author Topic: Apple  (Read 867 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: Apple
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
"Macs aren't as expensive as they appear if you consider the situation holistically"

My donut told me that the situation is hole-stically !

:rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
iCloud is awesome, if you know your friends DOB, email address and the last 4 digits on their cc you could get access to EVERYTHING  :devil

Many other services are also suspectible to similar kinds of attacks. But don't let that stop the hate!

The problem you mentioned is due to Paypal and Amazon revealing sensitive information that happens to be used for verification on Apple side. In fact they first hacked the Amazon site before they gained access to the Apple ID. Knowing an e-mail address is however not enough. I for example have multiple e-mail accounts, one of which is used for my apple account (and it's not the .me address either). Only if the user had used a very obvious account (the .me account or his daily e-mail account) can the hacker collect enough information for attack.

Even if you had e-mail correspondence with me all day you still wouldn't be able to figure out what my apple account uses for registering. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:58:53 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »
I admit,

I was an apple supporter   :banana:  
when a day i saw the light or enlightment  :O  
and in that moment i recognized that they sold very piece of ...

How a good child, who programmed in machine code/assembler
the mighty Commodore 64, reading 'Programming the 6502' (and many other stuff   :D), has gone so down    :cry

whyyYYYYY.  

i have a commodore64 emulator on my craptop and an playing elite :rofl
Machine code i remember that :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario