Author Topic: AH on wireless n600?  (Read 761 times)

Offline roffi

• Zinc Member
Re: AH on wireless n600?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 11:08:58 PM »
Always played on wireless, now using BThome with one pc two laptops, xbox, two phones, ipad and kindle. Occasionally drops connection but otherwose no problems.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
And after watching you in last month's KOTH.....

ya......it sux...when it happens everyone around me warps and I seem stable...thank fully it does not happen consistently.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
... If that is the case, the best thing to do is use a utility like this one: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/. It will tell you what channels the other access points around you are using. Try to pick a channel no one is using, and make the channel as far apart from the other channels in use as possible. The most common channels in use are 1, 6, and 11. I usually try to use 9 if no one else is on it...

Thanks for the link. That program really help to select a good channel and position my wifi receiver.

Though that you might want to read a bit more about why channels 1,6, and 11 are preferred. Using channel 9 will step on both channel 6 and channel 11 transmissions and vice versa. (not that I knew any of this before using your link!)
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."