Author Topic: Trying to find a time when the AvA arena is active  (Read 763 times)

Offline dracer

• Zinc Member
      • High Performance and Racing Engine Parts
Trying to find a time when the AvA arena is active
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »
Hello all,

I signed up for the 2 week trial, specifically because of my interest in the AvA arena. So far, anytime that I have checked there is no one in the arena. Is this a slow time due to the holidays?

Can you recommend any days/times that the arena is active? I would really like to be able to test it out so I can make a decision on going with the paid subscription.

Thanks in advance.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: Trying to find a time when the AvA arena is active
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
you best bet is to drop by around 7-10pm EST; especially on thursdays. If your free trial lasts untill this firday, you would be doing yourself a big disservice if you didn't try the FSO event that starts at 11pm EST this friday.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
Welcome to the game dracer.  :salute

While im not an expert on the AVA, what i will tell you is ive usually found it to be busier in the later evening hours (EST)

Just a though for you, spend the  $14.95 for one month subscription....get in the game and check out all that it has to offer. I was right where you were 8 years ago, and decided that id give it a shot for one month.....8yrs later im still here and loving it. Lots of good people, trainers that are able to help you out. If the AVA is what intrests you, once you get a subscription, you should check out FSO (Friday Night Squad Ops) Its like the AVA on steroids.

If you see me on, and want to wing up, let me know, my name ingame is mbailey. While im not a trainer, id be glad to help get you off the ground  :aok  

Again, welcome sir, give it a little more than 2weeks, i guarentee you wont regret it.

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
Welcome to the game, dracer.

You will find the game fun, frustrating and everything in between. You might find guys willing to help if you're in any of the main arenas, but will also find a bunch of snarky people that seem to enjoy making fun of new guys. The training arena, though set to not inflict damage, is a good place to visit to ask questions, get an overview of the game mechanics and practice some techniques.

spend the  $14.95 for one month subscription....get in the game and check out all that it has to offer.
As far as I know, there is nothing disabled during a two-week free trial.

If your free trial lasts untill this firday, you would be doing yourself a big disservice if you didn't try the FSO event that starts at 11pm EST this friday.
While I agree the FSO is a great event, walk-ons are not allowed for the FSO events. If arrangements were made ahead of time, one can fly as a guest of a reqistered squad, but I don't know if a squad would allow a non-subscriber to fly as a guest with them - it's totally up to the squad, as there is no rule against two-weekers participating.

Check out the ahevents.org site for information on all the different special events that are offered by the all-volunteer CM Staff, and specifically information about Friday Squad Ops and Snapshots that might be of interest to you. Also, check out the Events Calendar for a full listing of events and when they are held.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:51:38 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »
Nope, to my knowledge, nothing disabled. Maybe worded that poorly. Just think he should give it a bit longer than the 2wk trial.  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
Hi dracer. Things are indeed slow around the holidays. The AvA is a lower population arena usually best in the evenings.

Thursday nights is a gathering time, usually starting around 8pm est. In the new year, we are also going to try to get some other nights like Tuesday going and possibly something during the day on Saturday for the Euro folks.

Pop on in anytime. Hope to see ya in there.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »
Dont forget the races! You should try them they are a blast.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline dracer

• Zinc Member
      • High Performance and Racing Engine Parts
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome and helpful info. I was cruising around in the AvA by myself last night and saw an announcement about a Snapshot event so I flew that and had a good time. Great bunch at the Snapshot also.

mbailey, after the good time in the Snapshot last night I am a step closer to trying a paid sub for a least a month or two.

Hope to catch you all online soon.

<S>

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome and helpful info. I was cruising around in the AvA by myself last night and saw an announcement about a Snapshot event so I flew that and had a good time. Great bunch at the Snapshot also.

mbailey, after the good time in the Snapshot last night I am a step closer to trying a paid sub for a least a month or two.

Hope to catch you all online soon.

<S>

If you like the Snapshots, and you end up getting a subscription, you should definitely look into getting involved in the Friday Night Squad Ops (FSO's).  They are like a bigger, more detailed and involved Snapshot(always Allies vs Axis setups, based upon a real event), with 100+ players on each side, usually. Also, they are 3 frames long. (First 3 friday nights of each month, 11pm-1am EST). You have to be on a registered FSO squad to play, but alot of the squads involved are usually looking for dedicated sticks to add to their roster, so finding one shouldn't be a problem.  

http://www.ahevents.org/events/fso.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:04:46 PM by blazer65 »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »
dracer i talked to you last night about all that stuff. feel free to contact me and i'll be happy to help you out with anything you're interested in. i was jaeger1 in the snapshot last night.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

Good to hear sir  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
Also, there are occasionally players in the arena around lunch time.  Welcome!

All gave some, Some gave all