Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 12801 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Operation Midway
« on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
Inspired by continual bragging, and the unwillingness of a certain personage of conspicuous presence to go to the DA, I have decided to hunt said varmint in the MA in his favourite plane with the high hopes of illustrating the difference between ACM and AirQuakeManeouvres.

This necessitates me flying an aircraft which Aces High cultural values have formerly prevented my from flying (even though I have more cultural right to do so than most): the Spitfire Mark VIII.

I must confess I have no clue where to start with fuel loads, convergence settings trim and so forth. I did duel the Spitfire Mark IX occasionally when training with The Few and I know I have trouble especially with the Spitfire's Hispanos, being so used as I am to the Japanese Ho-5 cannons.

Does anyone have advice for me, especially with the usual setting up issues that experience usually teaches and most especially advice regarding shooting?

Many thanks in advance.  :salute

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
Or you know...just ignore "it".

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
Inspired by continual bragging, and the unwillingness of a certain personage of conspicuous presence to go to the DA, I have decided to hunt said varmint in the MA in his favourite plane with the high hopes of illustrating the difference between ACM and AirQuakeManeouvres.

This necessitates me flying an aircraft which Aces High cultural values have formerly prevented my from flying (even though I have more cultural right to do so than most): the Spitfire Mark VIII.

I must confess I have no clue where to start with fuel loads, convergence settings trim and so forth. I did duel the Spitfire Mark IX occasionally when training with The Few and I know I have trouble especially with the Spitfire's Hispanos, being so used as I am to the Japanese Ho-5 cannons.

Does anyone have advice for me, especially with the usual setting up issues that experience usually teaches and most especially advice regarding shooting?

PM sent...I will not assist said player by giving weights and measures calculations to the general public.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
PM sent Shida.
Operation "clubbing the baby seal" have just begun  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:53 PM »

:x

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »
When I spanked Middy like a baby seal flying mostly spit8's that tour I had default convergence, 100% fuel every time, you'll find it quite easy, shida  :aok

:devil  :noid
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »
When I spanked Middy like a baby seal flying mostly spit8's that tour I had default convergence, 100% fuel every time, you'll find it quite easy, shida  :aok

:devil  :noid

Pffft :rolleyes:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »
Pffft :rolleyes:
No need to splain suckage...oh wait..you can't, can you? Yea, enjoy that mute buddy  :ahand
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:14:10 PM by RedBull1 »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
100 percent or 75 percent and drop tank. If i'm going very far I always take 100 and drop.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:49 PM »
Haha great, thanks for all the input. My PM inbox is a testament to just how popular you are Midway  :rofl

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
Haha great, thanks for all the input. My PM inbox is a testament to just how popular you are Midway  :rofl

:rofl

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

But am I important?  That is the real question. :old:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
But am I important?  That is the real question. :old:

Only as a proof by contradiction  :old:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »
He was quite easy to beat up in the DA flying Spitfires and I probably have less time and experience in Spitfires than you do.  I just used that thing his simple brain can't grasp the concept of, ACM.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »
He was quite easy to beat up in the DA flying Spitfires and I probably have less time and experience in Spitfires than you do.  I just used that thing his simple brain can't grasp the concept of, ACM.

ack-ack

Pffft.... how many months ago was this? :rolleyes: