Author Topic: Sniper, or Sledgehammer? What range do you tend to shoot at?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: Sniper, or Sledgehammer? What range do you tend to shoot at?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »
I mainly fly and die in P38s

Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? [Both(nose mounted)
What ranges do you set your convergence? 650y in the 38s, 400 in everything else
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point? Point
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range? I fire from d600 on in
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter? I shoot bursts but my accuracy is absolutely horrible. I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. I would be a half decent pilot if my gunnery were improved.

Offline Nyax

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »
Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? I like having both, but I prefer cannons.
What ranges do you set your convergence? Depends on the plane and situation, but usually 300 or 350.
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point? Point. Sometimes I set the cannons a bit farther.
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range? I fire within 400 usually, but I try to get as close as I can. 200 and under is where I like to be.
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter? I fire in short bursts and adjust.

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
Sniper in my mind, sledgehammer in reality...... :joystick:

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
color=red]I shoot bursts but my accuracy is absolutely horrible. I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. I would be a half decent pilot if my gunnery were improved. [/color]

Upping at least once, every night, in offline mode and killing all the drones with different approaches/ranges has helped my accuracy immensely.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »

Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals?  out of the choises cannons
What ranges do you set your convergence?  300 for all aircraft except on the 262, Dora and P51 which are 350
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point?  point
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range?  always
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter?  I mix the two, I spray the MGs to get range and lead and then burst the cannons to get hits.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »
Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? 4x50s wing mounted.
What ranges do you set your convergence?  400yds for all 50 cal aircraft.
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point?  Point for maximum damage.
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range?  About 75% of the time.
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter?  Burst, no tracers, don't fire if you're not going to hit.  

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:04 PM »
Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? 4x50s wing mounted.
What ranges do you set your convergence?  400yds for all 50 cal aircraft.
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point?  Point for maximum damage.
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range?  About 75% of the time.
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter?  Burst, no tracers, don't fire if you're not going to hit.  

No tracers....hehe...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
No tracers....hehe...

ONLY NERDS USE NO TRACERS!!

Seriously though, why the hate on tracerlessism?

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
ONLY NERDS USE NO TRACERS!!

Seriously though, why the hate on tracerlessism?

Turning tracers off has actually helped my aim somehow.  Not sure the reasoning behind it, but what the hell, it worked for me. 

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
When I flew a k4... "Black Widow" style, dance & get in close, then kiss them with the 30 and say good night. :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:32 PM »
Turning tracers off has actually helped my aim somehow.  Not sure the reasoning behind it, but what the hell, it worked for me. 

If you're anything like me (God I hope not  :uhoh) you may be chasing the tracers sometimes when they're on.  I've found that I sometimes shoot much better when I turn them off.

Then again, I sometimes I can't hit the broad side of a barn.  The lesson, I think, is I'm stupid.

:cheers:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »
I went through a no tracers phase.  I thought it was going quite well, and liked the fact they didn't wiggle as much.  I turned them on again after about 6 months because I felt my gunnery was slipping, and noticed an immediate improvement in my gunnery even from when I felt it was decent.  Have left them on ever since.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
If you're anything like me (God I hope not  :uhoh) you may be chasing the tracers sometimes when they're on.  I've found that I sometimes shoot much better when I turn them off.

Then again, I sometimes I can't hit the broad side of a barn.  The lesson, I think, is I'm stupid.

:cheers:

Ya, I think this is it.  I think when I have them on, I dont aim with my plane as much, I aim by shooting tracers, and then trying to correct from there, lol. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
I went through a no tracers phase.  I thought it was going quite well, and liked the fact they didn't wiggle as much.  I turned them on again after about 6 months because I felt my gunnery was slipping, and noticed an immediate improvement in my gunnery even from when I felt it was decent.  Have left them on ever since.

Wiley.

+1.  Done it...it's only good for being sneaky.  The extra half second it buys you because your unaware opponent is wondering why he's "hearing" and not "seeing" the rounds is enough to momentarily paralyze while he frantically looks around and that's enough for the kill.  The other thing it does is allows cons that are depending on seeing shots fired to maneuver away to have no visual reference to move in the opposite direction or from side to side.  It's quite effective and deceptive....but not immersive....it's too gamey for me.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
+1.  Done it...it's only good for being sneaky.  The extra half second it buys you because your unaware opponent is wondering why he's "hearing" and not "seeing" the rounds is enough to momentarily paralyze while he frantically looks around and that's enough for the kill.  The other thing it does is allows cons that are depending on seeing shots fired to maneuver away to have no visual reference to move in the opposite direction or from side to side.  It's quite effective and deceptive....but not immersive....it's too gamey for me.

I turned them back on for films, and like you said so friendlies can see I am firing...  so I getcha...