Author Topic: Sportsmanship  (Read 6683 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sportsmanship
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »
I vote for me
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
I vote for Latrobe and Pawz

Both class acts

:salute

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
Thumper! :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »
Hajo, Rob53, Pawz, Shuffler and Silat when she plays  :devil

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »
AKPeppr! :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
just from my own experience only, most of the guys i think are uber in their planes didnt answer my questions. but, to offset that, the 3 or so that have, not only answered my questions, they went out of their way to to show me their chops and tell me how i couldve done this or that. like dolby one night when i was still trying to find my style and my plane. i was a k4. he was smoking me over and over. finally on 200 i say man i just cant seem to find a way to a gun solution. he says, you know what, meet me over the water. we did about 10 merges, each one hes typing in the middle of the fight, walking me through the motions. he literally couldve killed me on everyone of those merges, but instead, he said, ok reset, try it again. when he knew i had absorbed as much as i could. he tells me, practice those things and let em branch out and you can only get better. then he smoked me again, haha. now, part of my style is clearly influenced by that session. so times like that more than make up for the guys who could care less. and really the lessons ive gotten have been enough to keep me busy for a good long while. and they were so good that the next steps in my progression are coming naturally. so its almost like you only need a few guys to help ya anyway. if that makes sense.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »
My votes and respect go out to a lot of people for 'sportsmanship' including:

Latrobe, 999000, Ink, Copprhed, Zaphod, wagger, nrshida, most of 71 Squadron RAF, pretty much everyone in the 80th BG HeadHunters, Greebo, Doc72CH, the list goes on, that's just off the top of my head.

I can't say whether of not JOACH1M is a good sport of not when you kill him as he's usually the one killing me...  :bhead  :furious
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
I am offended by the term "little people".  I prefer to be called a midget, thank you very much.

Caldera for his avatar.  :O

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

I hear this argument a lot. The problem is to be the best you have to beat the best. Clubbing baby seals gets very boring. Don't confuse the great sticks with the coward spineless scoretards and "reality" fliers picking and vultching the MA.
The "uber sticks" not only want, but need, good competition. The only way to insure that is by helping people get better. Similarly, you will never see someone like SkyRock attack a total newbie on the radio. No, we call people out that know better but fly their weak ways anyway. We had some good fights the other night and seems like you want to learn. I'd like to invite you to participate in our informal 1v1s in the DA. The very best place to learn.
Well, I won't say I've never attacked newbs on 200...... 

:noid     

but yes, they do get a pass... for now....

now the fellas(usually vets that know better) that I see who always, always hover the fight, pick in numbers, and run at the first thing that even resembles a co-alt engagement do not get a pass...  even more lame is when they send you a <S> after a 4vs1 pick to portray "sportsmanship"... :rolleyes:
Flying around and milking the community for score without ever giving a "fight" back is not sportsmanship, its bushleague pansiness!

True sportsman in the game, old sticks like 999000, OddCAF, Greebo, and others that slip my mind atm... and some new sticks like.. well, Wrath, paleoguy, and latrobe....  from my experience. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
Hajo, Rob53, Pawz, Shuffler and Silat when she plays  :devil

He forgot Max as well......buncha old geezers in this crew Maxie :lol
- The Flying Circus -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
Ink just because he scares the crap out of me  :uhoh :uhoh.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »
BaldEagle Thanks for the kind words Sir <S> As a special education teacher I try to instill in my students that life is all about thinking of others! Being kind, and thoughtful are qualities that make good people. Don't think I've ever been ranked in the top 100 of anything in this game. Many good people who make this game a fun place to be  also don't care about score! 999000 <S>

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
BaldEagle Thanks for the kind words Sir <S> As a special education teacher I try to instill in my students that life is all about thinking of others! Being kind, and thoughtful are qualities that make good people. Don't think I've ever been ranked in the top 100 of anything in this game. Many good people who make this game a fun place to be  also don't care about score! 999000 <S>
Words of wisdom. My Grandmother was a special education teacher her whole life 999, cool  :aok  :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
I wish there was 999000 more players just like you sir.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
I wish there was 999000 more players just like you sir.  :salute

I'd have to stop hunting buffs.   :uhoh
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.