Author Topic: Space Is Big  (Read 902 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Space Is Big
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:06 PM »
Rest assured, there are different types bacteria fighting over some unknown location on your body too. That should put things in perspective. :cool:

Right, but those bacteria don't make the decision on whether to kill or not. We can, but we do it anyway. But hey, maybe in some parallel universe, everyone hold hands, sing kumbaya and poop rainbow and roses.  :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:33 PM »
Makes me sad that people fight wars with the knowledge that they are dust particles.

Go into the LWA and play your war game. That should cheer you up.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
the universe maybe so big that I cannot comprehend but at Christmas time there's only 1 star that always cheers me up when I see it since I was a child.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
Go into the LWA and play your war game. That should cheer you up.  :aok

I prefer Skyrim.  :D

semp

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »
The universe is far beyond what we really know, and possibly far beyond what we want to know. My senior level astronomy class may have only lasted one semester, but think of this.

We could be remnants of other civilizations. A star supporting life on another planet similar to ours could have super-nova'd and as a result blew everything over there to bits and those carbon atoms and all of that other good stuff just so happened to land on Earth after who knows how long of a trip. There's a million possibilities but we'll probably never know.

Space is big, but humans will never know how big until we can travel faster than the speed of light. Possible? Maybe. We just have to find out how to do it. There's only 200 billion something planets in our galaxy alone, so at least another one of them has to be habitable, right? We cant be the only ones here. Maybe those aliens (If they exist) will figure it out one day.

:banana: Who else just loves the universe?  :banana:

Oh, and here's a list of pictures off of the NASA website of random space stoofs.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/universe_images_archive_1.html
Pretty darn cool.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:04 PM »
People have to be mind boggling stupid to look at all that and still think we're the only intelligent life form out there.

and that there is a god that created it all.. :rofl where was god when he created it?  :rofl simple minded sheeple

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
and that there is a god that created it all.. :rofl where was god when he created it?  :rofl simple minded sheeple

Seriously dude? Let's keep it on topic and try not to offend half the people here. (Including me)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:05 PM »
God didn't spend 7 days making the world, he spent 13.7 billion years and waited till ~2000 years ago to announce his work.   :old:

semp

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »

Seriously dude? Let's keep it on topic and try not to offend half the people here. (Including me)
+100
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »
The Andromeda galaxy that is going to collide (or perhaps pass right through) our Milky Way galaxy is the furthest away object visible to the naked eye.  My only regret is that I live now instead of a billion years or so years from now when the Andromeda galaxy will fill the sky at night.  Just like the view from the end of The Empire Strikes Back.  That would be really friggen awesome.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »

semp

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
I thought we were all decedents of the people from the planet Golgafrincham that crash landed on earth back in the caveman days
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »
The Andromeda galaxy that is going to collide (or perhaps pass right through) our Milky Way galaxy is the furthest away object visible to the naked eye.  My only regret is that I live now instead of a billion years or so years from now when the Andromeda galaxy will fill the sky at night.  Just like the view from the end of The Empire Strikes Back.  That would be really friggen awesome.

ahhh...but if you think about it.....the energy inside you will still be alive...hence so will you.

but yes you are correct that would be phenomenal.... :aok

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:05 AM »

I was listening a discussion on Coast To Coast radio about this subject; They said, what we see in space with our eyes and instruments is what we call "normall matter", but this is not "normal" in Universe because makes only a small fraction 5% mass, the rest 95% is cocktail of dark energy+ dark matter. 

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 04:51:56 AM »
The universe is so mindbogglingly beautiful and fantastic that I wholeheartedly agree with Tim Minchin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."