Author Topic: Listen here HTC  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Listen here HTC
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
(rare show of maturity... WARNING)
Fin's behavior is prob due to some personal issues and has nothing to do with us... he is just projecting... if anything feel sorry for the guy and move on... Nothing worse than ignoring the guy yelling for attention
(/rare show of maturity)

AH is no place for maturity, rip him a new on on 200! :devil
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:04 PM »
Though I do believe I bring up a valid point about the timid thing which I would like to point out was used as an attack by Ink on FlyinFin, you are right, my direction is not on topic for this thread.

As to Fin, perhaps I don't play enough anymore to see this new side of his character, I will reserve further judgement based on respect for who is telling me I'm wrong.

ahh you missed my point......I wasn't saying fin is a Nancy boy because of his ingame playing.....he is just a Nancy boy period.....he has proved to me he is a chalenge like person :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »
I was going to stay out of this thread, but this has to be said.

I'm not defending Debrody in anyway but the other player in question is one the most rude and disruptive players currently in Aces High. His actions have continued to contort the game into a 'cesspool' of immaturity and vile behavior. Worse yet, I feel this player is emboldened by the fact he was rewarded for his actions by a special soap box just for him called the 'Kill Club' forum, instead of being justly punished for the behavior he was warned about previously by Skuzzy.

His actions on the forums make him look like a boy scout compared to his actions in the game as well. It isn't about trolling, it goes far beyond that.

With very few exceptions, I would gladly take any member of the Aces High community to dinner on my dime than throw this individual a napkin if he was bleeding to death.

(before someone else PMs me, I am not referring to IraqVet at all in the above statement)

This is the only worthwhile post in the thread.   Kudos Del!   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »

must be something to do with muppets then Mark, because to me he has always been a fun fight and decent personality.

Some people enjoy making others irate, so it's no wonder that they succeed sometimes, then they go ahead and abuse them even further for being irate. I just find it a childish and unintelligent way of existing.

Scotch, it's not a rant, it's a very matter of fact opinion. The fact that you consider it a 'troll' just shows that you fear the content of my opinion and have no recourse to address it. But I like you so I'll let you off.

I notice nobody has touched the fact that grizz and fester both are renowned for flying timidly and gaining huge kill streaks.

Bat,

Here's the difference...they could crush 99% of the community 1 v 1.  That's the difference.  They are respected because they would fight in any circumstance and win.  If they choose to fly a certain way for scoring, it was fine because they were both able to fly any way they chose and win.  Others can't and then claim righteous indignation in the name of Grizz's and Festers of the world.  Don't be one of those guys and pretend you don't know the difference because I know you do.  You know I appreciate the our relationship but you might as well have defended John Wayne Gacy on this one.  Finn is a turd.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »
Change, I have already reserved judgement on Fin due to not being in the arena enough anymore to know what he is like now.

Here's the difference...they could crush 99% of the community 1 v 1.  That's the difference.  They are respected because they would fight in any circumstance and win.  If they choose to fly a certain way for scoring, it was fine because they were both able to fly any way they chose and win.  Others can't and then claim righteous indignation in the name of Grizz's and Festers of the world.  Don't be one of those guys and pretend you don't know the difference because I know you do.  You know I appreciate the our relationship but you might as well have defended John Wayne Gacy on this one.  Finn is a turd.

So what you're saying is:

'I can get a woman to love me easily so it is ok if I force myself on a woman against her will. Because it is through choice it is ok. But the only way you can get a woman is by force so you doing that is not ok. It is only ok to force yourself on a woman if you have proved you don't have to.'
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2013, 11:05:41 PM »
Change, I have already reserved judgement on Fin due to not being in the arena enough anymore to know what he is like now.

So what you're saying is:

'I can get a woman to love me easily so it is ok if I force myself on a woman against her will. Because it is through choice it is ok. But the only way you can get a woman is by force so you doing that is not ok. It is only ok to force yourself on a woman if you have proved you don't have to.'

Rape?  Really Bat???  Come on man.  You're reaching.

Timidity in game is done by people who can't fight their way out.  They have no right to complain about someone who can but chooses not to periodically.  I'm shocked you're pretending to not know the difference or convolute it with an example of womanizing or rape.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

Bat, buddy, that's a hell of a stretch...
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
It's not a stretch, it is called an analogy. Analogies are often intentionally exaggerated in order to make something that is perhaps not clear much clearer.

I'm surprised that you can say it's ok to fly timid if you're my squadmate but anyone else is just doing it because they are terrible. Some of the people who get abused for this have been playing for decades. Who are we to decide that they do it through lack of ability or effort to learn.

Perhaps Fester flies like that because he enjoys it. So why the hell should JoeBloggs not be allowed to enjoy it also?
For every one player who deserves to be called out this growing trend and example to new players forces another five to be called out unjustly by ignorant loud mouths who think they are god's gift to ACM just because they did a rolling scissor.

If you want to improve the game, keep as many subscribers as possible here so that firstly HTC have enough funding to run and improve the game and secondly to keep the arena diverse and interesting to fly in. I can't imagine anything worse than an entire arena populated by people who fly like me.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:17:34 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »
I knew a woman once that liked.............ummm nevermind  :uhoh :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
It's not a stretch, it is called an analogy. Analogies are often intentionally exaggerated in order to make something that is perhaps not clear much clearer.

I'm surprised that you can say it's ok to fly timid if you're my squadmate but anyone else is just doing it because they are terrible. Some of the people who get abused for this have been playing for decades. Who are we to decide that they do it through lack of ability or effort to learn.

For every one player who deserves to be called out this growing trend and example to new players forces another five to be called out unjustly by ignorant loud mouths who think they are god's gift to ACM just because they did a rolling scissor.

If you want to improve the game, keep as many subscribers as possible here so that firstly HTC have enough funding to run and improve the game and secondly to keep the arena diverse and interesting to fly in. I can't imagine anything worse than an entire arena populated by people who fly like me.

No, I didn't say that, If anything, I have espoused in the past was that there is no excuse for being timid.... its a video game, there are no stakes other than your ego!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »
What if you enjoy flying like that?

Fester seems to. Grizz seems to.

If not then they only do it for the score card? I doubt that.

Why should anyone excuse anything they enjoy?

It is not masculine or manly to be so domineering over how other people do things. It is insecure.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »
AH is no place for maturity, rip him a new on on 200! :devil

Fin can be fun to wind up, but then he's always been more subdued when trying to smack back at me - probably because I don't get personal, I just hit him where it hurts the most - his flying.  :t
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2013, 11:30:23 PM »
It is not masculine or manly to be so domineering over how other people do things. It is insecure.

Unless you are in the DA.... :O

Howdy Bat :salute
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

Wow.  That was not only a reach but an over-reach.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
Wow.  That was not only a reach but an over-reach.

savvy?