Author Topic: On the Next Vote  (Read 2071 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: On the Next Vote
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
Last few votes my first choice didn't make it but I was happy with the outcome.

Beaufighter did not make it I know many people were upset by that.

410 was a great addition and is fun to mess around with.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »
He 111
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »
May as well add my shilling's worth, if you guys don't mind...

Fairey Swordfish - had a massive impact on the war, ultimately the sole reason the US entered the war.  The attack on Taranto harbour from squadrons launched from HMS Illustrious holed up the Italian Navy in harbour and inspired the Japanese to try the same at Pearl Harbour.  Low and slow, and yes a biplane, but I'd have a pop at a fleet with this.
Gloster Meteor - The first and only allied jet aircraft to see service, such a travisty not to since we have the 262
Halifax and Wellingtons - because they are so iconic - and none survive in anything approaching intact. (yes - would love to see the Lancaster updated with more curves too)
Short Sunderland - a heavy bomber, heavily armed, on water!

Love everything already there and I'll be the last to complain.

Regards,

F77

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »
Heh, Pe-2 was the most important Soviet bomber in the war. There isn't a single proper Soviet bomber in the game. Il-2 is a slow ground attack aircraft. Pe-2 may not be high on your priority list but it had a huge significance when looking at eastern front's air war.

Yaks are also very significant. Not having a single example of the Yak-1/3 -line is like not having a single P-38 in the USAAF plane set. ~8700 Yak-1s were produced.

The only example of early eastern front right now is the I-16. Soviet plane set is sorely lacking units.

Yak 7 is more important than either other Yak, at least for aces High.

And well use a Tu 2 more, so yeah....
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:16 AM »
Yak 7 is more important than either other Yak, at least for aces High.

And well use a Tu 2 more, so yeah....

You give your opinion like it's a fact ...when it is, actually just your opinion.

My opinion is that we could condense the Yak range to just 3 air frames

Yak1b, Yak9 T/M/U, Yak3 and span the complete GPW with relevant ac.

For me the Yak9U is a result of being able to use one 3d graphic for  two almost identical air frames. It was simply efficient to add it at the outset of the development work in AH1. We have the flight model so its still efficient to keep it, but it is not representative of the Yak range any more than a Ta152 is representative of the FW190 range.

Juat as HTC have expanded and developed the

Spitfire
Hurricane
Bf109
Fw 190
P40
P47
P38

The time has come to expand the Yak range IMO........as per the above ac the 3d model has to be totally refreshed. Further the Yak9T/U flight models may as per the Hurricane require some tinkering.

Given this, and the decision to address this aged AH ac, then the most efficient method of attacking this (IMO) to give us early/mid and end war Yaks would be to ignore the Yak7 and the Yak9D which would be a pity but I would have to admit that the later Yak9M could stand in for these without any gain in advantage in any event...........It would be called a generic Yak9 and have either 37mm or 20mm nose cannon. Albeit with the long nose .

The same ac frame would be used for the Yak9U.

The Yak1b and Yak3 are also very similar in air frame. (the Yak3 has slightly shorter wings.....and that clear front  cockpit shield)

Yak1b August 42 to early 44, Stanligrad, Kursk,
Yak9  May43 to Oct 44 Kursk, Bagration,
Yak3 May 44 to thru45 Bagration, Berlin, Manchuria
Yak9U Dec44 to thru 45 Berlin, Manchuria (maybe)

Given a choice bewteen the Yak3 and the Yak9U I would choose the Yak3 for many reasons...but actually as we see with other models...... there does not have to be a choice.......... once it is decided the Yak range is due for updating from the present decade old model then a modest range of 2.5/3 airfames will meet most of the SE and MA needs.

Of course if HTC could also throw in a Yak7 (Stalingrad) and or Yak7b (Kursk) you would find me cheering from the roof tops.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:09:04 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:05 AM »

Suggested list:

Beaufighter
G.55
He111
J2M
Ju188
Ki-43
SM.79
Tu-2
Wellington
Yak-3

J2M  :pray

Your list is  :aok :aok

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 06:49:01 AM »
I forgot to mention the LI2 which is a russian licensed version of the C47 that has defensive guns.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
No one likes the end result and frankly the community, as a whole, isn't smart enough to decide. As Hitech said himself, sometimes the worst thing you can do is give the customer what they want.

I have never ever said what you state. In fact I always state exactly the opposite.

I have said many time give the customer what he WANTS not what he ask for.

HiTech

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »
I have never ever said what you state. In fact I always state exactly the opposite.

I have said many time give the customer what he WANTS not what he ask for.

HiTech

i want a A-26 please :banana:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »

i want a A-26 please :banana:

Cobi,if HTC put the A26 in they`d need to hire another employee just to make 50 cal bullets to keep up with your usage!!!! :devil    Wouldnt you rather have the 20mm`s on your A20 instead,there`s plenty of extra 20mm rounds! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

Cobi,if HTC put the A26 in they`d need to hire another employee just to make 50 cal bullets to keep up with your usage!!!! :devil    Wouldnt you rather have the 20mm`s on your A20 instead,there`s plenty of extra 20mm rounds! :rofl :rofl :rofl

I doubt he'd stick with the A-26 for long.  It simply won't be as good as the A-20G for what he wants to do with it and it is likely to be coupled with a "kill me" perk price.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
I doubt he'd stick with the A-26 for long.  It simply won't be as good as the A-20G for what he wants to do with it and it is likely to be coupled with a "kill me" perk price.

It will be one of those planes that performed better in AH than it did in real life, like the A-20G.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song