Author Topic: Tenth Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 33824 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Tenth Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
A few notes before we begin:

I asked and TC accepted the role of Assistant Administrator in case I'm unavailable for some reason or I'm involved in a dispute.  If I'm unavailable TC takes over with full authority to run the bracket and his decisions become final.  If I'm involved in a dispute TC's resolution is final.  TC was on the review committee for every tournament and while we sometimes disagree I have full confidence he'll do what's in the best interests of the tournament and the players if needed.

I added some language to the rules regarding the contingeny rounds in the semifinal and final rounds.  It's in the rules under the heading Double Elimination.

I spruced up the bracket and made minor changes to try to make it easier to read.  Unfortunately photobucket limits me to 1024x768 maximum file size.

I took Shane off the roster since he never responded in the sign-up thread or to my PM.  Debrody asked to be taken off too late (the bracket was already set up).  If he plays great, if not I'll list him as a scratch when I update the bracket next week.

With Debrody included we have 56 participants, eight short of a full bracket so there will be some byes in the first round and in the first losers bracket.  After that there shouldn't be any more byes unless someone forfeits.

Here's the final roster sorted by in-game name to make it easier to cross reference to find your opponent's BBs name.

In-Game   -   BBs      
4Fox   -   Fox      
68Raptor   -   68Raptor      
80HD   -   tunnelrat       
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Ace8   -   STXAce8      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
AKPepprr   -   Pepprr      
AKShrike   -   Shrike       
AlBundy   -   VuduVee      
Bacon8tr -   bacon8tr       
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl - Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic       
Biggamer   -   Biggamer      
Blazer65   -   blazer65       
boxkite   -   Box Kite      
Changeup -   Changeup      
Deadstik   -   deadstikmac       
Debrody   -   Debrody      
Dolby   -   LCADolby       
F77   -   F77      
FLS   -   FLS      
Fulcrum   -   Fulcrum      
Hamhawk   -   Nathan60      
Homer   -   homersipes       
JETSOM   -   ink       
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M      
Krupnski   -   Krupinski      
Mcfly   -   Tracerfi       
mir   -   katanaso      
NatCigg   -   NatCigg      
RedBull   -   RedBull1      
RedTop   -   RedTop      
Ripley    -   Ripley       
Saito   -   Saito      
Scotch   -   Sc0tch      
SF   -   --)SF----      
Simon   -   Simon      
Skifurd   -   Bosco123      
SkyRock   -   SkyRock      
Sonic23   -   sonic23      
SoyMilk   -   titanic3       
SQUAT   -   SQUAT!      
Sukov   -   kilo2      
Sunka    -   Sunka       
TC   -   TequilaChaser - Assistant Administrator
Tdawg   -   Tdawg      
Texas   -   TexasPOTW      
TomG   -   Tom5572      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
Triton28   -   Triton28      
Uptown   -   uptown      
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
Waystin2   -   waystin2      
Wildcat1   -   Wildcat1      
Wiley   -   Wiley      
Zoney   -   Zoney      

The rules are in the next post.  I expect everyone to play by them.

Here's the initial bracket.  Post results in this thread as per the rules.  

Have fun.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:31:57 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: 10th TOURNAMENT DUELING BRACKET & RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
· Setting up the Bracket

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- Depending on the number of players some may have to fly one more round than others.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.  The bracket is set by in-game name so people know who to look for.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, February 3 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

· General Tournament Rules

- Duels must be arranged between the players to take place by 6:00 PM CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duel series will be best of five until the quarterfinal round.  From the quarterfinal round forward duel series will be best of seven.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163, Me262 and WWI aircraft).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duelists will fly in F1 view mode (in-cockpit).
- All duels will be player’s choice of fuel load out, gun package and convergence.  Firing off ammo prior to engagement is allowed.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.

· Double Elimination

- The random selection process used in setting up the bracket will also be used to determine player placement in the losers bracket in each round.
- In the semi-final round a player that has not yet lost a series may lose.  In that case the contestants shall immediately fight the contingency round with the winner of the contingency round advancing.
- In the final round two players that have not yet lost a series may meet.  In that case the contestants shall immediately fight the final round and contingency round 1.  If each of these players wins a round they shall fight contingency round 2 for the championship.  In this case either player may choose to delay contingency round 2 for up to one week.
- If players are required to fly a contingency round the loser of the last round gets plane selection to start the contingency round.

· Posting Results

- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)

… and so on in later rounds.

- The loser posting verifies that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested (see contests and disputes).
- This information must be posted by no later than 6:00 PM CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket.

· Special Circumstances Affecting the Outcome of a Duel

- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
o If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
o If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  If at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes. 
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to any other mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he/she does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he/she will lose any remaining duels by default.
- If a player disco’s the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.

· Forfeitures

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series. 
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance.  If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, or if neither player posts then a random draw will determine which player advances.  If practical, no player will be allowed to advance more than one round via forfeit. 

· Filming

- Filming is encouraged in case a dispute arises.
- From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films to substantiate wins must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.  This means only films of the wins must be posted but it’s preferred that all films be posted.  Failure of the winning player to post substantiating films in these rounds will result in a disputed win (see contests and disputes).
- Films may be posted in any round if both participants agree.

· Contests and Disputes

- Each player has the opportunity to dispute results for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can state their case in the results thread or contact me via PM.  Disputes must be entered by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a description of what they believe the rules violation to be and submit films if available.  I reserve the right to determine an appropriate course of action which could include but will not be not limited to overturning posted results, a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  My determination will be final.  For the advancing player and their opponent the normal 6:00 PM Sunday deadline will still apply.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.

· Rules Violations

- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: 10th TOURNAMENT DUELING BRACKET & RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »
Nevermind.  I fixed the bracket to get it legible.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:07:25 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
Re: Tenth Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »
Woot, I get to make the second round this time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
Woot, I get to make the second round this time.

You and me both...however, I have the winner of Skyrock/Squat...not a good bye slot, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
AAJagerX, we can meet tonight after the Superbowl (it ends at 9:00 PM CST) or wait until next weekend (Friday night or just about any time Saturday or Sunday).  Let me know.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
You and me both...however, I have the winner of Skyrock/Squat...not a good bye slot, lol

Yes, it is a goodbye slot.   :rofl

And Bald... i don't recall saying "count me in" or anything close.  I did spread teh word and ecouraged people to try it out.  I'm not even in the air these days. I think I do need to update my payment info tho', to maintain my subscription.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
And Bald... i don't recall saying "count me in" or anything close.  I did spread teh word and ecouraged people to try it out.  I'm not even in the air these days. I think I do need to update my payment info tho', to maintain my subscription.  :aok

No worries.  I knew putting you on the roster was a big question mark because you didn't say you were in but I was hoping you'd join.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »

No good choice there bro.  :bhead
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »
No good choice there bro.  :bhead

Yup...better be born-again hard for that one.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
Sonic it's you and me........ a dance it shall be.............a duel in the skies..........blood in your eyes..........name a date and time....... :salute

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
I forfeit to Sunka.
Have much luck  :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »
AAJagerX, we can meet tonight after the Superbowl (it ends at 9:00 PM CST) or wait until next weekend (Friday night or just about any time Saturday or Sunday).  Let me know.

I'll try to be available tonight after the game.  That shouldn't be much of an issue.  If it works better for you, I can hold off until Friday.  No worries either way.

:salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 03:34:41 PM »
I'll try to be available tonight after the game.  That shouldn't be much of an issue.  If it works better for you, I can hold off until Friday.  No worries either way.

:salute

OK.  Lets meet in the DA at 9:00 PM CST (or after the game if it runs later).

BTW I HATE F4U's... can't fly em worth a damned.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
Pepprr, I am available tonight and after 5pm during the week :rock :salute