Author Topic: Yak 3, Mig-3, LaGG-3, La-5  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Yak 3, Mig-3, LaGG-3, La-5
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:47:53 PM »
You know we need them....

We have a huge hole in the VVS planes, we go from I-16 all the way to La-5FN and Yak 9, and skip 2.5 years of Soviet fighters.

Yes, The LaGG-3 was a dog, but some of us like a challenge. However, it helped form the backbone of the VVS early in the war, and some Russian pilots did become aces in the LaGG.

And it sure looks sexy, it's always good to look good when you're being towered mercilessly!

The Mig is needed..... how can we not have it?

If course the Yak has been asked for plenty.....

And lastly, the La-5, before the La-5F or the La-5FN..... just because I NEED THIS SKIN!!!

:cheers:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Yak 3, Mig-3, LaGG-3, La-5
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »
More Russian aircraft would certainly be a good thing for the game. :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
You left out the Yak-1 and Yak-7.  The Yak-3 is really a 1944 fighter despite its seemingly low number.  I don't think the MiG-3 is significant enough to be needed, though it would be nice to have.  LaGG-3 and La-5 I completely agree with you on.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »
No need for Yak-3. Doesnt help out a whole lot. LaGG-3 would suffice for filling the hole.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:55:03 AM »
yes ,yes and yes. mig-3 best looking ww2

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »
Add em all +100
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
No need for Yak-3. Doesnt help out a whole lot. LaGG-3 would suffice for filling the hole.
That is like saying we don't need any American fighters from before 1944 other than the P-40E and F4F-4.  Remove the F4U-1, F4U-1A, F6F-5, FM2, P-38G, P-38J, P-39D, P-39Q, P-40C, P-40F, P-40N, P-47D-11 and P-51B from the current planeset for the American equivalent of just using the LaGG-3 to cover that entire period of Soviet fighters.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:30 AM »
We need Mig3, yak1 and yak7b before considering the yak3.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
I'm starting to believe that especially amongst the luft types that there is a genuine fear of this plane and its capabilities ...... I suppose this is a legitimate fear because there is a historical precedent set by this plane.

I know of no other plane that Luftwaffe pilots were ordered to avoid combat with other than the Yak 3, yet we have virtually every other plane that was ordered to avoid combat with it???   Arguably the best fighter of World War 2 absent from a world war 2 flight sim???

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
I'm starting to believe that especially amongst the luft types that there is a genuine fear of this plane and its capabilities ...... I suppose this is a legitimate fear because there is a historical precedent set by this plane.

I know of no other plane that Luftwaffe pilots were ordered to avoid combat with other than the Yak 3, yet we have virtually every other plane that was ordered to avoid combat with it???   Arguably the best fighter of World War 2 absent from a world war 2 flight sim???

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:54 AM »

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »