Author Topic: How do you feel about the AI  (Read 4054 times)

Offline AIron

• Zinc Member
Re: How do you feel about the AI
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
I think that we are a long way from AI that can fool a person to the degree that they can't tell that it's AI.
I've been running flight Sim's on small stand alone computers since 1980 or earlier and the progression is astounding. 
I personally think the algorithms involved with creating a truly realistic pilot are a few years off, along with reliable voice recognition applications, there are so many variables that need to be taken into account and still so much to learn about these variables yet.
I do think that the AI is a good way to practice offline, but I wouldn't get too confident about the perceived acquired skills, without flying against human pilots. 
There's a lot to be said for improvisation like going straight vertical and cutting the throttle to drop under and blow away your opponent, when the AI starts doing that "stuff" I'll start to worry, so far I haven't seen that behavior, nonetheless the AI for me is good to practice basic maneuvers.
They are relentless in following you back to your base and seem to be impervious to ACK. 
I know it looks like I'm new but I'm not.  ;)