Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88250 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Spit V vs 109F usage
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 01:14:27 PM »
What I notice in the 109's , How much the 109f use went down when it got neutered.  :mad:

In which year did that happen? It must have been before 2005, and I don't see any big drop in that time.

Bf109 fans like to ignore this, but look at the Spitfire Mk V usage before and after it was updated.  The Spitfire Mk V was changed ("neutered" in your parlance) at the request of Spitfire fans because it was more representative and filled a hole.  The Bf109F-4 was changed for the same reason, something that Bf109 fans seem completely blind to and would be happy to dump.

Ok, seems the adjustment of both 109F and Spit V happened in 2005, just a few days before I joined. And this is the impact it had:

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Bf109 fans like to ignore this, but look at the Spitfire Mk V usage before and after it was updated.  The Spitfire Mk V was changed ("neutered" in your parlance) at the request of Spitfire fans because it was more representative and filled a hole.  The Bf109F-4 was changed for the same reason, something that Bf109 fans seem completely blind to and would be happy to dump.

Since your not a 109 fan your opinion is worthless to me.

The stats show the difference, both planes got dropped... wtg Spit fans that was shirley a good decision like ..chewing off your arm.

Spit fans getting a 109f neutered?

Let the 109 fans decide.... just put the bomb and gondies back and we will see  :aok

I would be fine as a 109 fan to let the Vc back wouldn't bother me a bit.

:cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: AH Fighter Usage by frames
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »

(Image removed from quote.).

One interesting thing to take into account is that for most of 2006, MW arena was included in these stats (and had more players back than than it does nowadays), so that might explain the small bump in P-51B numbers for that year.

As I suspected, and in contradiction to Pand, they are down (nominal), and staying down from the high seen ~2006.

More top 10 frame families in detail:

(Image removed from quote.)

The remaining ones (N1K, P-51, Typhoon, La) are consisting of only 1 type or are very much dominated by a single one.

Can you please give me the numbers from the FWs?  I got suspicions similar to Pand on the pony.  I suspect the As, F and 152 are staying ~ same in usage but the number of Doras is steadily increasing and thus its ratio. 

To expand on the charts I posted in the 109 thread:

AH fighter USAGE (=kills+deaths) over the past 12 years by top 10 frame familes (FW 190 includes Ta 152H, Spitfire includes Seafire):

It should be noted that the P-51 frame means to more than 90% just P-51D, the B is a very minor player in the LW MA. On the other hand, the Spitfire USAGE is much varied, and consisting planes with great differences in performance:

The second chart also shows, that the general reduction in Spitfire usage is not caused by any single mark being less used, but rather has hit them in general.

WOW... that trend with the 190s and 109s that started in 2008 and was being noticed in 2010 is continuing (109s declining gradually, 190s increasing nearly as gradual but much more steadily).  There's likely some elaboration that can be found in the newer numbers now, I'm hoping.

Think it's safe to assume the F4U usage has settled into a stable trend?...  Looks like the jugs aren't far behind either.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:54:49 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Spit V vs 109F usage
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »

Ok, seems the adjustment of both 109F and Spit V happened in 2005, just a few days before I joined. And this is the impact it had:

Maybe you could spread that out say 2005 to 2007 we will get a better picture of the impact.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Spit V vs 109F usage
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »
Maybe you could spread that out say 2005 to 2007 we will get a better picture of the impact.

That would be much work for which I don't see the need right now. It's already very visible from that chart that the impact on the Spit V was a magnitude higher than on the 109F. If the numbers were closer it would make sense to me, but so...

The opinions of any kind fanboys are usually pretty much worthless by default.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:57:24 PM by Lusche »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »
Can you please give me the numbers from the FWs? 

I think I did?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »

1.0% to 0.8% is relatively signifigant, 20% of its previous fans did dump it.  Not as signifigant as 5.5% to 1.2%, but still notable.

I think I did?

Numbers, not ratios or %s, por favor.

IE:  1, 2, 3, 38, 146, 13868493296856802489479843598 239864643.1, etc.

From 2002, 2006 and then 2010, 11, and 12 should kill my curiosity.  (I can look it up myself if youre too busy.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:07:13 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
I wonder what the breakdown is by nation?

I put the Brewster reluctantly under Finland, as they were the main operator of it. But it wouldn't really change things if you choose to call it an US plane.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »

:cheers:

You completely misunderstand.  There were many Spitfire "fanboys" who were upset by the change to the Spitfire Mk V.  Those of us, such as Guppy and myself, who advocated the change to the Spitfire Mk V are not Spitfire "fanboys" who always want the bestest just like the Bf109 "fanboys"  We're fans of the actual Spitfires and of the history and for that we needed a Spitfire Mk Vb from 1941 to be modeled.  I have yet to see a Bf109 fan who is interested fan of the history and not the bestest he can get.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »

(Image removed from quote.).

One interesting thing to take into account is that for most of 2006, MW arena was included in these stats (and had more players back than than it does nowadays), so that might explain the small bump in P-51B numbers for that year.
Thanks Snail! :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
As I suspected, and in contradiction to Pand, they are down (nominal), and staying down from the high seen ~2006.
I am actually disappointed by this... It seems as if I have been running into more and more enemy Bravos, but maybe not.   :rock

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Fighters by ENY
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »
We did have no pie yet, did we?  :noid

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 02:49:02 PM »
<S> Lusche . you are a mad man.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »
Great stats Lusche, time and effort you put into these for the community is quite something.  :salute

<S>...-Gixer

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »

It would be nice if the SpitXIV hanger queen was either unperked at 18lb boost, or it's boost increased to 21lb with an increase in perk price. The spit8 is easier to fly at all alt's up to 25k, almost the same performance, superior fuel range, and a steadier gun platform. The current boost in the spit14 makes it a fancier looking spit8 at MA standard altitiudes, some strange manuvering wobbles, and a severe fuel consumption habit.

Based on Lusche's kind efforts resulting in these charts. No consistant group of fans like the G10\G14\K4 fans since 2005 has considered the spit14 a first line ride of choice as the answer to acheving anything, let alone destabalising the arena. Kind of like the "tempest in a teapot" the idea of Ta152s destabalising the arena if they were not perked years ago. Granted starting with a dive and on WEP, they are one of the fastest rides in the MA with a formidable cannon punch. But, you could say that for the CHog in comparison.

These charts are a pretty good indication that the majority of players vote MA performance first in their favorite ride stable. The spit14's perk is so low that if it truely was the uber performer the G10\G14\K4 are. It's usage numbers would reflect that in the graphs. Afterall the MA population is driven by self serving narcasism. Which means if it's uber, they will fly it to make themselves survive, look good, and be winners. Similare rational for buying a sports car or a hot gaming PC. When the first spit14s were used in antidiver flights, they were at 21lb boost along with those that subsiquently flew over the continent until V Day.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.