Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89519 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
But maybe it's good for the continuing existence of the game Aces High as a whole?
I am sure it does and I am happy for HTC since flight sim players are an endangered specie and the $$ must come from somewhere.
Then again, if AH continues to exist as a tank game, is it still AH?
If a plane crashes in LWA and there are no other flying players, does the server still send a sound event?  :confused:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
Then again, if AH continues to exist as a tank game, is it still AH?
If a plane crashes in LWA and there are no other flying players, does the server still send a sound event?  :confused:

:lol

But seriously, we are still quite some time away from being a tank game. 75% of the time players are still being found in planes. I'm afraid it's just the 'furballing' days that are almost over right now. (The genuine furballing, not the stuff that is being called 'furballing' by frustrated basetakers).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
After one or two updates on GVs and plane vs Gvs stuff I will bring up some charts on gameplay - where the players fly and what they actually do in the LW arena. 

Stay tuned...

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
This isnt a mega thread this is a gigathread.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2013, 08:49:03 PM »
Lusche, with regard to the fighter usage charts you posted a while back, is usage based on total sorties, or by number of people who sortied in that aircraft?

I suspect that if you look at people making sorties in the individual aircraft, you will see a different chart entirely.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
But seriously, we are still quite some time away from being a tank game. 75% of the time players are still being found in planes.  . . . .

I can think of many occasions when I saw planes and GV's coordinate a defense or an attack.  To me it adds to the game.   

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »
Lusche: yes I knew you understood; I was just trying to counter the people who misread your stat to imply the game was in danger of becoming "Aces Low", which it obviously isn't.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
I only drove GV's today because I was away from home on my laptop.

I feel dirty.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »
Lusche, with regard to the fighter usage charts you posted a while back, is usage based on total sorties, or by number of people who sortied in that aircraft?

I track these things by two different methods:

The first is what I call USAGE, which is (arbtirarily) defined as K(ills)+D(eaths) in a specific plane/GV, plane category or overall type of objects
The second is by tracking time spent by the pilods in each of the four AH scoring modes.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:18 AM »
I wonder how discos affect the stats?

When you disco, is it as if your mission never happened and any perks used when you took off are returned to you?

If so, I can see the motivation for all the bombers I have climbed to recently over strats that suddenly go "poof" at d5000.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »
One thing i've noticed lusche, is the higher usage of the spit9 over the spit8 recently. :huh 
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
One thing i've noticed lusche, is the higher usage of the spit9 over the spit8 recently. :huh 

Yes, a very recent development not based in any changes. Would have to look if it's a general trend or casued by a very few, 'high intensity' players.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
It might be due to the new achievement system?

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
Interesting thought.
Unfortunately there is no way (yet?  :pray) to do any stats about achievements. I might check to see if other "2nd rate" fighters featured in the achievement system had their USAGE increased as well. Made a note (but usually I lose those quickly...  :uhoh)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »
If P51D didn't want to play with us, they dove out and left us to compress if we tried to follow. Once at furball alt below 12k, we were just another spit8 that looked better going by drinking fuel faster.

And stalls worse and doesnt flat-turn right very well because of its high-torque, counter-rotating 5 blade prop.  At below 12K, the Spit 14 is a giant turd dressed up to look like a Spitfire and the only proper choice for that plane at that altitude is to flush it down the toilet.

The XIV had the Griffon engine which was weighted more forward by the new, heavier water-cooler AND the second super-charger which was 10 inches forward equaling about 60 pounds forwards out of the normal CG.  I suspect that nasty little stall it gives is due, in part, to that and that its production models used the VIII's airframe.  They fixed some of the issues but clearly its out performed at 12K or less by both the VIII and the IX.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba