Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88272 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
One thing i've noticed lusche, is the higher usage of the spit9 over the spit8 recently. :huh 
Nothing to see here...  It's only AkPepprr..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »
The anual chart with the 2012 numbers clearly shows, at least on my screen, a decline in spit 9 usage....  you kids really shouldn't let her take your glasses like that.  :devil

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:47:23 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
The anual chart with the 2012 numbers clearly shows, at least on my screen, a decline in spit 9 usage....  you kids really shouldn't let her take your glasses like that.  :devil

2012 isn't necessarily "recently" anymore. ;)
Early this year, there was(is?) an up trend in Spit 9 usage.

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2013, 05:05:41 PM »

2012 isn't necessarily "recently" anymore. ;)
Early this year, there was(is?) an up trend in Spit 9 usage.

Is this a new trend this spring or the usual bad picnic weather in england?

I've noticed since the achievements a whole lot of aircraft seeing some daylight that never saw it before in the LWMA, and I do believe the Spit9 has an achievement to earn for itself too.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Fighter Perk Gain 2012
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »
Triggered by the recent perk-farming and perk transfer discussions.

As I have all kills and deaths in a chart in detail (so I can see at a glance how many Me 262's were killed by F6F's, for example) I can also determine the nominal fighter perk gain for each model, both in total as well as per kill. Of course I can not account for the perk bonus modifier in effect at that time, and I can not really take in account the mission endings for a specific plane. That's why it's called nominal ;)

Here's a small chart with the top 10 nominal perk gainers of 2012

The total nominal perk gain for all fighters was at 2.9 million, with an average perk gain of 1.1 per kill. (Average 'victim' ENY was 12.5, average killer ENY slightly above that.)

The median for 'kills per hour'  for all players in the LW arena is at about 2.3 (with slight variations between different tours). That would mean a nominal fighter perk gain of ~2.5 perks/hour of flight time for the average player. IF we take account the landing bonus and remove pure "2-weekers" we would most likely end up with something like 3 fighter perks/h of flight time for the average player.

I did cross check that value by examining the perk gains since end of January of a randomly determined 100 players and found those results to be at about the same order of magnitude. Only truly above average players would turn out to have a sustained perk gain of more than 6, 7 or 8 perks /hour.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:44:31 AM by Lusche »

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »
That is really cool, thanks!

I now also see where the average 12-15 ENY comes from. If the 190A8 is ENY=35, then 1.9 perk/kill means killing planes of average ENY=18. P51D has ENY=5 (?), so 0.4 perk/kill means killing mean ENY=12.5.

I am quite surprised that the K4 is such a high perk gainer, compared with the other performance monsters and so close to the 190A8. Does this say something about the typical food of these planes? i.e. 190A8 killing more high ENY buffs and K4 specializing in killing low ENY P51s, for example?

This also clearly show that flying P51D like so many new players do will gain you very little perk reward. One has to be exceptionally good in the P51 is order to match the nominal perk gain of 109K4, which is 4 times as high per kill. In other words, roughly a 1 kill sortie in K4 is like a 4 kill sortie in P51D when counting perks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:50:15 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
I am quite surprised that the K4 is such a high perk gainer, compared with the other performance monsters and so close to the 190A8. Does this say something about the typical food of these planes? i.e. 190A8 killing more high ENY buffs and K4 specializing in killing low ENY P51s, for example?

Only to a small part, the differences are not that great as one might think. For example, planes with ENY less than 10 make up 22.1% of the 109K's kills and 18.4% of the A8's. The A8 also has a 25% higher ENY than the K4 to begin with.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
The biggest contrast in the game is the Bf109K-4 and Spitfire Mk XIV.  The superior plane has an ENY of 20 and the inferior plane has an ENY of 5 and a perk cost of 8.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
The K-4 is a monstrous plane: You can pad you score by flying a true late war monster and farm perks at ENY 20 at the same time.  :x

And since the OBJ values were changed recently, the Mossie 16 is now the bomber equivalent to it  :noid

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
The gay4 - oops, K4 - needs it's ENY lowered. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
Recently had a fight with the k4 in a ki-43 and although I never felt in any real danger, it certainly made me feel uncomfortable, surprisingly: At Low speed.

I don't think any other LWA plane can do that the same way.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
The biggest contrast in the game is the Bf109K-4 and Spitfire Mk XIV.  The superior plane has an ENY of 20 and the inferior plane has an ENY of 5 and a perk cost of 8.
Aha, did not realize that K-4 was ENY 20. That sounds very high for a top-of-the-line fighter. I am now interested to check the ENY of the other 109s, I mean if K4 is 20 and there are another 3 109 models between that and the F4, how high is the F4 ENY? That last one can be a really nasty opponent ,despite being 1942/3 plane.

And since the OBJ values were changed recently, the Mossie 16 is now the bomber equivalent to it  :noid
hmmm.. I never looked at OBJ values. In that case the Moss16 can pay for itself, nice! I did a few Boston sorties when I returned to the game just so I could fly Moss16. I've never been shot down in one, but did not check my bomber points since. I foresee some 400 mph bomber sorties in my near future :)
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
Aha, did not realize that K-4 was ENY 20. That sounds very high for a top-of-the-line fighter. I am now interested to check the ENY of the other 109s, I mean if K4 is 20 and there are another 3 109 models between that and the F4, how high is the F4 ENY? That last one can be a really nasty opponent ,despite being 1942/3 plane.

E4 - 40
F4 - 30
G2 - 30
G6 - 30
G14 - 25
K4 - 20

Compared to that:

Spit I - 40
Spit V - 25
Spit IX - 20
Spit VIII - 10
Spit XVI - 5
Spit XIV - 5 and 10 perks

Charted:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:01:45 PM by Lusche »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
Bear in mind that the K4 is very difficult to fly well. A 2 weeker will never make a kill in it by anything but luck. Come to that, all 109s are more difficult to fly well, when compared to a P-51 or a Spitfire.

The biggest difference is that they aren't quite maneuverable enough to tangle with most enemies in the MA, and they're not quite fast enough to run from trouble if they've already committed. They're quite possibly the best fighters overall, provided you have the skill to use them to potential. But they are TERRIBLE fighters for beginners.

I personally think it's a bit high as well, but only to the point of ENY 17 or 15 being appropriate.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
Just caught up with this thread.  No questions here, just wanted to say thanks for the interesting info Lusche  :salute