Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89471 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
No Lynx, I can't.
I can see only the stats published by HTC, available for everyone on the scores and stats pages.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2013, 02:18:31 AM »
 Id be interested in the P40 usage since the change it had a couple years ago. Did it go up or down?

~AoM~

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
 I come on this form to read what Lusche posted in the way of stats. It is like a favorite new paper column for me. That you Lusche for all your hard work keep it up I for one appreciate it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
Thank you :)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
Id be interested in the P40 usage since the change it had a couple years ago. Did it go up or down?

You mean the great overhaul of the P-40 series? That was 1 1/2 years ago, in October 2011 (tour 141)

Here's the USAGE data by year

(for the most part of 2007 and some part of 2006 EW and MW stats were included in LW)

Edit:

And while I'm at it anyway:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:44:04 AM by Lusche »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
I come on this form to read what Lusche posted in the way of stats. It is like a favorite new paper column for me. That you Lusche for all your hard work keep it up I for one appreciate it.

The problem I have with a thread like this is that, while I'm interested in the content, I can never keep track of where I left off last.

I like R 105's thoughts.  How about making this a weekly or monthly "column".  It would be much easier to follow, each "issue" could be about different aspects of the AH stats and players could send suggestions much like Fugi's cartoons.  Finally, keep the main thread titles the same so they are easily searchable with possible sub topics.

Thank you Lushe for your contributions and consideration of this idea.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
I like R 105's thoughts.  How about making this a weekly or monthly "column".  It would be much easier to follow, each "issue" could be about different aspects of the AH stats and players could send suggestions much like Fugi's cartoons. 

I agree that this would be much better.  :old:

Unfortunately I'm not able to do that. That would require some degree of organisation, focus, routine, motivation and reliabilty I'm hardly capable of. I have actually chosen the current format because it very much accomodates my personal 'working' style, which is defined by instantly jumping on a single idea that crosses my mind before 100 other ideas start to occupy my brain a few minutes later  :bhead

I even had problems with my "annual stats" thread, so I decided throw everything on a big heap and put the link in my sig line. The only alternative would have been completely irregular threads'n' topics here and there, which are much more difficult to find.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
I have often said, "You either add to our game or takeaway from our game through your actions".  Lusche, you add an awful lot, thank you  :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »
  Thank u for that :)

~AoM~

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2013, 05:34:40 AM »
Now that the first tour for the He 111 is over, I took a quick look at it's A2A performance compared to the other formation bombers of AH:

I'd like to do a chart about total bomber survivability, but unfortunately I would need the number of sorties per plane, which was taken away from the stats long time ago.
But given the performance numbers and the resulting mission profiles of the Heinkel, it's unlikely it can evade hostile fighters as much as the Arado, Mossie, or even the G4M...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:53:01 AM by Lusche »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
I didn't think the Ki-67's record was nearly that good.  Per your chart it is, in air-to-air terms, has as good a win ratio as the B-17G, tied for the top spot among free bombers.

I am surprised the He111 and Lancaster do as badly as they do, respectively.  He111 is doing worse than the G4M1?  Ouch.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
I am surprised the He111 and Lancaster do as badly as they do, respectively.  He111 is doing worse than the G4M1?  Ouch.

While the He 111 is way more sturdy than the G4M, it doesn't matters as much as one could think. The plane is so slow and so badly armed (single 7.92mm MG's with only ~500 rounds per gun, you can't even blast away) that almost any fighter can do repeated attacks until it's finally down. The 20mm in the front doesn't really help, that's not the place most attacks come from.
The G4M on the other hand has actually somewhat of a chance to fight back with its 20mm tail gun. If the Heinkel had a similar installation, the numbers would be quite different.

If I look at my personal experience... I have similar loss rates in both planes: I lost 18% of my G4M's to enemy planes and 20% of my He 111. The main difference is having a K/D of 0.17 in the Heinkel while having a K/D of 0.47 in the G4M. The Betty can at least fight back!
(Interestingly I have about the same loss rate in the B-17, but of course the K/D is much higher there.)

But in the end, these numbers are totally what I expected from the He 111, knowing it's performance data and armament.

Slow climbing & flying, underarmed and too low of an OBJ to be an effective perk farmer we won't see much of it in the LW in the future. I think it will get chosen for a ride mostly based on the looks and not any performance aspect.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:23:33 AM by Lusche »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
Yeah, I knew it was going to be bad. I was never one of the guys who thought it would be up there with the B-26.  Frankly, I found those claims to be absurd. Just surprised it is worse than the G4M.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
moin

thats way the 111 should get the v1 rocket loadout option, would be a interestenig tool and the people will use it.

If the strats are to far away for my ju88 i use the He111 and if there is no snakyway to the strats i need to use other bombers. the damage to the strats you can reach with 111 isn t bad.

cu christian

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
Recent events made me look into the EW stats as a whole. Here for example are the fighter planes of EW and their current air to air performance:

EDIT: inadvertently removed the X-axis title, it's K/D

See how the 110C and especially the P-40C are dominating the air combat in early war. The once so dominant HurriC doesn't even get a 1.0 K/D anymore
The P-40C so far has 601 kills to 28 deaths while the HurriC only gets 377 kills for 654 deaths.

The BF 110C also has an uncanny ability to transform pilots of moderate skill into perfect killing machines. Especially when they are taking turns in killing each other by swapping planes. It's also very notable that if you look at the details, it's almost always a high ENY (30-40) plane slaughtering low ENY (5-10) planes at will - no matter who is flying what.

Seriously, the arena is nothing but a mess. After going through the numbers I estimate that somewhat around 1/3rd of all kills are simply shade or squaddy vulching. Some players are taking turns in killing each others dozens of times for months.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:37:19 PM by Lusche »