Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88264 times)

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »
Lusche, some of the discussion about the easy way to reach some of the achievements, such bailing over and over again, got me thinking about the score system.  It seems that are easier ways to score high, such as the heavy use of perk planes and tanks instead of regular options.  I wouldn't want you to spend much time on it, but I am curious if it is possible to know the percentage of kills being scored by perk planes and tanks over a few months for the #1 rank players.  My guess is that it varies month to month depending on the player, but that some months category winners are heavily dominated by perk planes and tanks.

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
HTC is still running off the "critical mass" that it created back in Warbirds.

That's why the game is essentially the same, but HTC knows the territory well and probably is banking/relying on some factors to keep things moving as they are. While for us, whom it seems that things are dying in a sense, its only the factors and the players who we recognise and are part of our part of the reaction, but are not at the center.

The problem is that as long as these factors keep the "reaction" going, HT never has to listen to us. But that is only a problem to us, and not those who keep it running, you see? Despite some of the great ideas that go around the wishlist forum, very few are ever picked up because of this as well. HTC has a confidence that other developers don't, and while; in a world of devs giving what people want immediately, they don't play that game. This is a good thing.

If you want to start a revolution to stop the momentum, that would be murdering the game that you knew and loved so much. There is nothing anyone can do that can be better in this particular territory, so we just have to sit back and let HTC work at their own pace and just focus on having a good time with whatever we have.

A little bit of faith and space goes a long way.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
It seems that are easier ways to score high, such as the heavy use of perk planes and tanks instead of regular options.  I wouldn't want you to spend much time on it, but I am curious if it is possible to know the percentage of kills being scored by perk planes and tanks over a few months for the #1 rank players.  (...)

In case of fighter #1, there is the big problem that I can't tell for sure in which mode a certain plane was used. Some players fly perk planes in fighter mode while using "lesser" rides in attack mode only, but often I could only guess/assume which plane was used in which way by a player. So I would have to examine each set of scores/stats and judge it, but that's nothing I could to automated like the most part of my stats. And it's often very subjective.

For GV's, the well experienced and successfull players in the upper score regions usually use a high % of perk tanks simply due to the fact that most capable tanks are perked. If you look at the "Plane Stats" page, one of the most used tanks in AH is a perk tank, the T-34/85.

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
If you want to start a revolution to stop the momentum, that would be murdering the game that you knew and loved so much.

From a very personal point of view
I could argue that the game I "knew and loved" loved has already been 'murdered'. Or rather, it withered away. We only have a fraction of the air combat that was there when I decided to finally join AH in 2005 (after a first try in a much smaller AH in 00/01). To have a similar experience of huge battles and gameplay opportunities, I would now be forced to play at US prime time in the middle of the night. I used to fly a lot at Euro daytime, and there was not much action left for that time when I stopped playing last month.

And I'm not talking about "todays player suck" or "nothing but hordes", nor do I ignore the inevitable "been there, done that" effect so many players confuse with degraded gameplay. I was here for the big battles and myriad of combat/gameplay options, and it's simply much less of it than it used to be.

Grrr, now I'm almost hijacking my own thread.  :furious  Such basic discusssion about AH should deserve it's own thread  :old:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:32:05 PM by Lusche »

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
Request sir.

Pie chart data.

1) how many players in game
2) how many players have flown the 262 under 10 times in tour 161
3) how many players have over 10 sorties in tour 161 with a 262
4) how many players in total have died by a 262
5) how many kills per death (avg) of all 262s in tour 161

I just want to know how many times players up a 262 and how many kills are got on average per sortie flown.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
Request sir.

Pie chart data.

1) how many players in game
2) how many players have flown the 262 under 10 times in tour 161
3) how many players have over 10 sorties in tour 161 with a 262
4) how many players in total have died by a 262
5) how many kills per death (avg) of all 262s in tour 161

I just want to know how many times players up a 262 and how many kills are got on average per sortie flown.

There is no sortie data available to the public. Nor does HTC post the actual number of players.
And concerning the Me 262 K/D of tour 161, you know it's just a click on the stats pages for you to find out? ;)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »
Lusche, to help get your STATS thread back on track...

I have a question about the bomber "win/loss" percentage chart (below)  What did you define as a "win" or "loss"?  

Is a win all 3 bombers surviving while shooting down the attacker?  Or shooting down the attacker at some point while having at least 1 bomber survive (regardless of number of drones lost)?  If I were to engage a group of B29s, shoot down two and RTB leaving one to land, how would that be categorized on that chart?

Do you think a chart showing how many bombers in a formation (0, 1, 2 or 3) were lost when attacked would provide a better comparison of the survivability of the different bomber types?

<S>
Ryno

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o507/Snaildude/bombers2013prelata_zps3a2ec718.jpg
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:18:00 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »
Lusche, to help get your STATS thread back on track...

I have a question about the bomber "win/loss" percentage chart (below)  What did you define as a "win" or "loss"?  

Is a win all 3 bombers surviving while shooting down the attacker?  Or shooting down the attacker at some point while having at least 1 bomber survive (regardless of number of drones lost)?  I were to engage a group of B29s, shoot down two and RTB leaving one to land, how would that be categorized on that chart?

I should have known that departing from the usual terminology will just start some confusion. Clearly my fault.
Kills and deaths (and pilot names) are the only things provided by HTC in terms of plane stats, so I can not easily answer questions like "shooting down the attacker at some point while having at least 1 bomber survive"

This chart was simply meant as another way to show K/D data. 50% means "1 kill vs 1 death", both participants kill and die each other the same number of times.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
And concerning the Me 262 K/D of tour 161, you know it's just a click on the stats pages for you to find out? ;)

DoH!

I feel even more retarded than normal... Where is stat page?

I can see scores and such but I can not find the stats

Second edit... Nvm I don't need to even look at that information as I am afraid it will change me for the worse.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:28:36 PM by deadstikmac »

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

DoH!
You might see someone fly 24 minutes with only 1 kill to show :D :rofl :rofl :rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Kill Stats by Type

A historical overview of the kill stats by type: Air to Air, Air to Ground, Ground to Ground, Ground to Air

Taken directly from the AH Plane Stats Pages

Note that this chart does not show number of players and certainly not the number of subscribers or similar stuff, but just the volume and type of combat activity by category.
I marked a few historical events that came to my mind. But that doesn't mean there weren't others with more importance, or that those depicted had been a big impact at all.

Another note: GtA are substantially higher than AtG kills, because they include the huge number of manned ack (field ack & 5") kills (about 36% of all GtA kills in 2012!)

By the way, the new Black Sabbath album is better that I expected   :old:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:03:53 PM by Lusche »

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
 :salute

TY sir!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
Had been way too long since I posted anything. Time to catch up.

Today: When is the best time to fly in AH if you are looking for the highest amount of air activity?

(Image removed from quote.)

How to read: During the time frame given 6% of all daily Fighter kills and deaths happened between 06:00 and 07:00 hours CEST (=UTC+2).

Peak is 10pm-11pm PST? (1-2am EST)  :confused:
Viva la West Coast!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
Peak is 10pm-11pm PST? (1-2am EST)  :confused:

No.  :)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »
Hmmm so when GtG gives a higher output than AtA?
Ludere Vincere