Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89172 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »
Hmmm so when GtG gives a higher output than AtA?

I'd guess not anytime soon. The GV control redesign gave pure ground activity a boost, but the relative kill  levels are quite stable ... for now ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »

No.  :)

*switches a variable*
6-7pm PST, 9-10pm EST.

That sounds right.

A very curious observation though, my Gastropodian friend; I myself rarely on at the lowest population times, but aparently the difference in population (or, as you've represented it, % of total kills throughout a day) and the "quite times" and "busy times" during the day that I may personaly observe/participate in, is only 3-4% at most (conservatively I would guess 2-3%).  Don't get me wrong, the chart still clearly shows that 3-4% is almost a double in population/kills/activity, but there are some glaring questions too, like how is it that during the highest-hour and at most you'll only see 8-9% of all the arena kills that day?...  AH's majority market is definetley North America, but your numbers actually seem to highlight that it's not soley or exclusively catering that market.  If that were true, during the USA's typical prime 6-hours (7pm EST to 10pm PST), we should be seeing more than only 48% of total activity... if only we had something solid to reference off of, anyone know a purely NA game with public subscription/population/player statistics?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »
 If that were true, during the USA's typical prime 6-hours (7pm EST to 10pm PST), we should be seeing more than only 48% of total activity...

The thing coming to my mind is that it's not only non US players that play outside US prime time. Pensioners (wouldn't be surprised if AH has an above average share of them), students, un- and self employed people often play at the weirdest times.

But apart from that, I can only tell like it is, not really explain why. :)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »
Seems about what one would expect -- peak participation at prime time US, falling off before and after (given that US is largest market).

As for why at peak it is 8%, you have 24 hours to account for.  Sum of percentages over all 24 of them gives 100%.  If it were a flat distribution, that would be 4% in each hour, but we don't have a flat distribution.  As for why its not something larger integrated in the 7-10 pm Eastern time span, not all people even in the US play in US prime time.

None of this seems surprising in its character, but very interesting to see the real stats.

Thank you, Lusche!  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
I want to add that the percentages in the average daily activity chart are not exactly equivalent to player numbers. It's combat activity in terms of fighter planes (kills+deaths). One point to consider is that the number of kills (and deaths) per played hour is higher when there are many players in the arena. At offpeak, you can often waste a lot of time in transit to a low-key battle that's already over when you finally get there.

However, I can't say how much of a difference that really makes.

I also selected fighter plane activity only instead of "all kills  deaths", as Gv kills + deaths show a much higher variety depending on terrain up and the presence of prime camp spawns. Fighter plane activity is somewhat more stable.

Thank you, Lusche!  :aok

You are welcome :)

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
Oh great and powerful Lusche (for we all know the holders of the data, have the power) I have a question for thee:

I believe that there has been a surge in P-47 popularity, and with the 56th FG forming again, I believe we will see more kills in jugs. Has there been an uptick in the usage of the P-47, or am I just imagining things?

I was going to compile the data myself, but it looks like you have all the years already at hand. Thank you for all your hard work.  :salute

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
I believe that there has been a surge in P-47 popularity, and with the 56th FG forming again, I believe we will see more kills in jugs. Has there been an uptick in the usage of the P-47, or am I just imagining things?

That's best being answered after the current tour is over. Feel free to remind me at the start of next month and I will have a look at it  :salute

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply about the perk plane/vehicle data.  Just for grins I did a quick study of the vehicles for tours 150 to 160, since it is possible to know how the vehicles are scored.  Hope it is okay if I post a couple of the numbers.

Average % of all vehicle kills for the #1 rank player
1)  Panther - 55%
2)  T34 - 16%
3)  King Tiger - 12%

The highest % of all vehicle kills for the #1 rank player
Panther - 81% in tour 153
T34 - 54% in tour 155
King Tiger - 97% in tour 150

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Thanks Lusche.

It would be interesting to see if your last chart follows segments of the economy, i.e. unemployment, consumer price index, Dow Jones etc.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
Hope it is okay if I post a couple of the numbers.

Of course! More numbers = more happiness  :banana:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
Thanks Lusche.

It would be interesting to see if your last chart follows segments of the economy, i.e. unemployment, consumer price index, Dow Jones etc.

I actually did that for the beginning of the "downswing" period, and found very convincing congruities.

However, I personally do not believe in any way that especially downward trend of the later years is "just the economy". Actually I personally do believe
that economy is only a minor factor now, but that's more stuff for that other thread :)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
I have added some relevent data to one of your graphs Lusche. I think we can all agree that the A2A stats now make a lot more sense...

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
That explains everything!   :old:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
The FSO Effect

(Forgot again to include "Late War Arena" in the title  :bhead)

FSO is definitely the most sucessful of all AH events, all time. On no other occasion you get such a big assembly of AH regulars on a regular base, three times a month.
Only the most successful scenarios come close in participation, despite running less frequently.

Probably its so popular because I never joined it  :uhoh

:salute FSO
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:36:18 AM by Lusche »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Being a bit impatient, I already took a look at current fighter performance in the LW arena instead of waiting for the end of the tour

This time with a bit different data set, concentrating exclusively on the air to air combat results of all land based fighters only:

(The remaining perk planes are way off the chart to the right, truly in a galaxy of their own)

I also analysed the current usage win/loss trends, right now it seems that the main contributors to the Spit 14 rise in usage came from the P-51D, La-7 and Spit 8 (though it hardly made a dent in the P-51D usage, overall)

By the way, look for the "POS totally overmodeled Brewster that's ruining the MA"   :devil
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:29:35 AM by Lusche »