Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88220 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:56 AM »
Go Luftwaffe!  :aok

:D
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2013, 04:59:16 AM »
These are the bazooka rocket launchers that are mounted on the P-38G and P-38J we have in game.  With this rocket launcher, the P-38G/J are a little on the sluggish side when maneuvering due to the drag caused by the bazooka tubes.
(Image removed from quote.)

This is the Christmas-tree style rocket launchers (for HVAR rockets) used on the P-38L and some late model P-38Js.  Once the rockets were fired off, the Christmas-tree launchers didn't cause significant drag like the bazooka tubes did and it didn't impact maneuverability like the bazooka tubes.

Some P-38Ls (don't know what block models) came equipped with wing mounted launchers instead of the Christmas-Tree style launcher, further minimizing effects of drag of the rocket launchers.  

ack-ack

Are we sure that those Christmas tree launchers don't have much drag and its just the removal of the weight which gives the 38 its apprent "full" flight abilities back? (That's a lot of rockets).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:01:17 AM by Myg »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »
That graph makes me all warm and happy inside  :neener:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
That graph makes me all warm and happy inside  :neener:.

To cool you down a bit...

A variation of the graph above which I should have used in the first place. Basically the same thing, but now strictly fighter vs fighter performance instead of general A2A
German fighters 'suffer' a lot more from this measure than other nations, note how much better SU  fighters now seem to be.

Oh, and I forgot to not on the chart this time: Only non perked fighters were analyzed. And same disclaimer as for the last chart.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »

A variation of the graph above which I should have used in the first place. Basically the same thing, but now strictly fighter vs fighter performance instead of general A2A
German fighters 'suffer' a lot more from this measure than other nations, note how much better SU  fighters now seem to be.

Oh, and I forgot to not on the chart this time: Only non perked fighters were analyzed. And same disclaimer as for the last chart.

Which then takes away some of the German female suffrage (ptp).

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »

German fighters 'suffer' a lot more from this measure than other nations, note how much better SU  fighters now seem to be.

From this I conclude that the La-7 would be perked if it didn't have such an abysmal range, and could carry more ordnance.

And Germany is still in the lead, miles ahead of the UK and their s**tfires  :ahand.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2013, 04:24:24 AM »
There sure is a lot of intersection drag on those christmas tree launchers.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
These are the bazooka rocket launchers that are mounted on the P-38G and P-38J we have in game.  With this rocket launcher, the P-38G/J are a little on the sluggish side when maneuvering due to the drag caused by the bazooka tubes.

This is the Christmas-tree style rocket launchers (for HVAR rockets) used on the P-38L and some late model P-38Js.  Once the rockets were fired off, the Christmas-tree launchers didn't cause significant drag like the bazooka tubes did and it didn't impact maneuverability like the bazooka tubes.

Some P-38Ls (don't know what block models) came equipped with wing mounted launchers instead of the Christmas-Tree style launcher, further minimizing effects of drag of the rocket launchers. 

Am I seeing 14 rocket rails?
ack-ack

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2013, 09:11:58 AM »
And Germany is still in the lead, miles ahead of the UK and their s**tfires  :ahand.
Resorting to this kind of juvenile crap does nothing but reveal you to be a moron.  FYI, RAF pilots in Spitfires played a significant role in securing a measure of freedom for the western world.  Your 70 odd years later denigration of them is not appropriate.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »
Oh, but calling a P-51 a Runstang, or calling the La-7 an Lgay is just fine? Unless you fly off the handle at these nicknames as well, then you've less than no business talking down to me.

Its not the real-life pilots or spitfires I hate; in fact I said nothing about the RAF pilots. Its the cartoon ones; namely because the Spit 16 is inarguably a crutch ride, and because they're not fun to meet in a 190 or 109 (save the K4, in which case they are just irritating). And the 8 and 9 are both very good fighters, and can be a real handful in any ride.

The fact is that your indignation is at least partly contrived, or hypocritical at the very least. Bashing the AH spitfires isn't bashing the RAF, UK, or the real-life spitfire, and in no way, shape, or form reflects my opinion of them. Trying to construe it as such is imbecilic in the extreme; by the same logic, I am a neo-nazi, as is everyone who loves the German rides, everyone who loves the Soviet rides is a communist, and everyone who loves the Italian rides is a fascist.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »
Its not the real-life pilots or spitfires I hate; in fact I said nothing about the RAF pilots. Its the cartoon ones; namely because the Spit 16 is inarguably a crutch ride, and because they're not fun to meet in a 190 or 109 (save the K4, in which case they are just irritating).
You mean "save the K4 because then it is just as much a crutch ride."
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Oh, but calling a P-51 a Runstang, or calling the La-7 an Lgay is just fine? Unless you fly off the handle at these nicknames as well, then you've less than no business talking down to me.

Its not the real-life pilots or spitfires I hate; in fact I said nothing about the RAF pilots. Its the cartoon ones; namely because the Spit 16 is inarguably a crutch ride, and because they're not fun to meet in a 190 or 109 (save the K4, in which case they are just irritating). And the 8 and 9 are both very good fighters, and can be a real handful in any ride.

The fact is that your indignation is at least partly contrived, or hypocritical at the very least. Bashing the AH spitfires isn't bashing the RAF, UK, or the real-life spitfire, and in no way, shape, or form reflects my opinion of them. Trying to construe it as such is imbecilic in the extreme; by the same logic, I am a neo-nazi, as is everyone who loves the German rides, everyone who loves the Soviet rides is a communist, and everyone who loves the Italian rides is a fascist.
I don't like those terms either, particularly the pejorative for the La-7, but they are not as directly offensive.  Note that you didn't have to evade the filter to post them.

The easiest, most respectful and least sidetracking to whatever point you are trying to make is simply to use the correct nomenclature or shorthand for each aircraft and skip the whole juvenile attempt to demean other people.

Or you can post angst filled rants about how players who like one aircraft are worse people than players who like another aircraft. Your choice.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2013, 03:46:04 AM »
I don't like those terms either, particularly the pejorative for the La-7, but they are not as directly offensive.  Note that you didn't have to evade the filter to post them.

The easiest, most respectful and least sidetracking to whatever point you are trying to make is simply to use the correct nomenclature or shorthand for each aircraft and skip the whole juvenile attempt to demean other people.

Or you can post angst filled rants about how players who like one aircraft are worse people than players who like another aircraft. Your choice.

The only reason I would have to evade the profanity filter is because it uses actual profanity, not because it's any more insulting, or demeaning.

And do I take it you've accepted my point?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2013, 03:50:15 AM »
You mean "save the K4 because then it is just as much a crutch ride."

The only thing it lets you do without at least slightly above average skill is survive longer.  It's not quite a crutch ride in that actually using it effectively is harder than average, despite the fact that it allows a skilled pilot to be more effective than most other planes.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2013, 08:20:57 AM »
And do I take it you've accepted my point?
You didn't have a point to accept.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-