Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88239 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2013, 03:55:13 PM »
Ouch.  I did kill a goon once with an M-3, while resupplying a town.  Never did get a kill in a Jeep, though not for lack of trying. 

It helps a lot to play at off-peak times, when players are trying to sneak vehicle bases all by themself  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
It helps a lot to play at off-peak times, when players are trying to sneak vehicle bases all by themself  :devil

think that was a jab at me<<<<< :lol  I don't try I do and not always in off peak times :devil   :salute snailman now where is my salt darn it

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2013, 04:00:43 AM »

Just as a note, I'm personally more inclined to do stats with some "higher purpose", that means if they could help answering a sepcific gameplay question.
Or if I'm just curious about something myself, then I need neither purpose nor justification to do it  :devil
I dont suppose you can tell the total object damage done by type of plane. Would be an interesting statistic for bombers and jabos. Example, who does more total damage to objects, bombers or jabos?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2013, 05:30:12 AM »
I dont suppose you can tell the total object damage done by type of plane. Would be an interesting statistic for bombers and jabos. Example, who does more total damage to objects, bombers or jabos?

I could actually do that (and would very much like to do so) by comparing damage made by players in the different scoring modes (attack vs bomber vs vehicle).

Unfortunately this part of the scores is broken
The amount of damage score points depends not only on the actual amount of damage inflicted, but by the size of the weapon as well. The greater the damage rating of the weapon used for it, the more damage score points you will get. The difference can be a multiple of several times!
For example, if you destroy a singe shore battery, a T-34/85 will give you many more damage score points than a M16, killing a target with 4k bombs gives you much bore damage score than precisely taking it out with 250lbs bombs.

So comparing the damage score between categories or even between different players is basically pointless.  :(

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
Random chart of the day

Even without logging in, you can at times see what map is on. In this case, I must be mighty wrong if it's not the people's favorite GV map that had been up last night:  :noid

Note the unusual high popularity of the Panzer IVF. One of the weaker tanks in game, but apparently the favourite GV perk farmer in a situation like that.   :old:

Of course, I can't tell yet if ENY changes could have played a role in usage change as well. I would need to know the new ENY values first, before looking at the numbers across a greater section of time  :pray

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:33 AM »
3 262s?  Ouch.  I did kill a goon once with an M-3, while resupplying a town.  Never did get a kill in a Jeep, though not for lack of trying.  A long time ago, I camped a VH in a Jeep.  A wirbel spawned in and he got peppered badly by my lone 50 cal.  He ran out of the hangar but after realizing how silly that was, came back and towered me. 
Been a while, but I did get a tank kill in a jeep.  I was on a scouting mission (before the Storch) and saw a tank under a bridge.  I took a few shots at him as I drove by.  I guess he towered because all of a sudden I got a kill message.   :rock
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »
Spitfire XIV and other fighter usage change

Ladies and Gentlemen, the first tour with the unperked Spit 14 and some ENY changes across the board are over. Unfortunately I still don't know the new ENY values, so I will concentrate my analysis on the Spitfire ...

The first chart shows the 5 'winners' and 'loser' when comparing land-based fighter usage (overall K+D) of tours 160 and 161

"Change" is the difference in percentage points between the two tours. As you can see while taking a huge jump up in absolute numbers, the Spit 14 is still quite far away from a plane like the P-51D (and with lower K/D as well).
It even doesn't come close to the Spit 16, as shown by the Spitfire Relative Usage Charts:

I might add that the new Spitfire 14 usage stabilised very quickly. Just 3-4 days after the change the usage had reached the level of usage it stayed at until the very end of this tour (I was tracking it hourly).

In the end, the prophecies that the Spit 14 would quickly dominate the arena when becoming unperked do not seem to come true.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »
Spitfire XIV and other fighter usage change

Ladies and Gentlemen, the first tour with the unperked Spit 14 and some ENY changes across the board are over. Unfortunately I still don't know the new ENY values, so I will concentrate my analysis on the Spitfire ...

<snip>

I can screenshot the whole hangar list in LW for you tonight, if I remember to.

<snip>

In the end, the prophecies that the Spit 14 would quickly dominate the arena when becoming unperked do not seem to come true.

Now we just need some V-1s to shoot down!  :x
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »

I always found that claim absurd.  Nothing rational supported it and the claim itself was used as an argument that the claim should never be tested for its accuracy.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »
I can screenshot the whole hangar list in LW for you tonight, if I remember to.

That would be fantastic!  :rock

Really, that's all I need, I can draw everything from the screenshots myself!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »
I always found that claim absurd.

So did I. Most was simply based on "but it's a Spit! And fast! or "I have a K/D of X in it!" (by that logic, I would have to campaign for the perking of the D3A). The serious flaws and limitations of the current Spit 14 were outright ignored. They even went so far to claim the K/D of the 14 was constantly low  because "only 2 weekers do fly it" (seriously!)

In the end, the usage ended up (for now) quite where I would have predicted it. But the K/D is currently actually much lower than I would had expected (see the Spit chart above). Maybe that will go up again as players finally get used to the quirks.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
I always found that claim absurd.  Nothing rational supported it and the claim itself was used as an argument that the claim should never be tested for its accuracy.

Next up:  Would adding some outrageously perked F8F/F7F/Spit18/Spit22/P51H to the LW arena "break" it or increase subscriptions?...  :devil
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
Next up:  Would adding some outrageously perked F8F/F7F/Spit18/Spit22/P51H to the LW arena "break" it or increase subscriptions?...  :devil
Neither I think.  It would, however, break a barrier that once broken opens all sorts of cans of worms.

P-51H was actually on a poll way back in 2001 or 2002, fyi.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »

I'm going out on a limb: No single addition of any plane or GV will have a significant impact on player numbers.
(Unless HTC would deliberately try to 'break' AH by adding an unperked F7F or F-22 ;) )

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2013, 07:11:36 PM »
Neither I think.  It would, however, break a barrier that once broken opens all sorts of cans of worms.

P-51H was actually on a poll way back in 2001 or 2002, fyi.

And more recently, so was the Meteor...  I think it doesn't break from the fold of WWII, but without much doubt it would push the bleeding edge.

Edit:  Perhaps "increasing subscriptions" was a bad choice of words .  How about we expand it to "attractive and apealing to the player base" aka: you, we, us and the new guy joining tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:21:04 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.