Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89204 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »
FSO

Most of us who only participate in FSO and Scenarios hardly, if ever show up in the MA.

Well, the first analysis went quicker than expected, but combat opportunities in the MA for us rooks are pretty rare this evening...

FSO: To Win The Winter Sky - Frame 3 (09-20-13) had 306 pilot ID's participating, a nice turnout.
Only 27 (9%) of them had no time logged in the LW MA. The remaining 279 pilots averaged no less hours in the LW MA than any other 'standard' MA player - if anything, they logged even more hours there than the 'average' MA player.

Seems FSO population is not as much different from the MA population as some of us (myself included!) did believe.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
Lusche, could you possibly do a chart about the most effective bomber killers? I don't know exactly which statistics to look at... but I'd like to see the k/d ratio against bombers for the 109s, 190s (incl. Ta-152), Me-410, Me-262, Me-163, P-47s and P-51s. Pretty please  :pray? Thanks!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »
wait a minute.... processing...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2013, 09:55:58 AM »
Lusche, could you possibly do a chart about the most effective bomber killers?

Current years top 10 fighters vs heavy bombers (B-17, B-24, B-29, Lancaster) sorted by 1) K/D, 2) total kills, 3) both combined for a total rank:

Not showing: Me 410 3,134kills, K/D 4.2  and Ta 152H  5,765kills K/D 2.9.
However, the Ta 152h is #2 in B-29 kills (245) after Me 163(249).

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:59:01 AM by Lusche »

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
Super cool! Thanks!!!  :salute :rock

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
Axis vs Allies tank combat in the LW MA

It has often seemed to be a common opinion that in a AvA MA settings, the Axis would dominate the Allied in pure ground combat, tank vs tank... and that's why the M26 is being wished for.
Well, I just checked the Axis vs Allied K/D for true tank vs tank action, for the current year.

Allies win. In the first 9 tours of 2013...

Axis tanks & tank destroyers killed 225,808 Allied tanks & tank destroyers.
Allied tanks & tank destroyers killed 193,568 Axis tanks & tank destroyers.

I admit I didn't expect that.  :old:

Ah... I've read that three times, but it seems to contradict itself: you say Allies win yet Axis killed 225,808 and Allies killed 193,568.  I must have a mental block (I am very old) but isn't 225,808 > 193,568?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2013, 06:03:10 PM »
Ah... I've read that three times, but it seems to contradict itself:

And you are right: It does. Thank you very much for pointing it out.
I will check the numbers again tomorrow (already shut down my 'mainframe'), but for now I'm quite sure I just swapped the labels while typing the message.

But it's also remarkable that it took so long for someone to spot that glaring error. Maybe just nobody is looking at this thread anymore...  :noid

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2013, 06:36:54 PM »
But somebody must be
 :noid

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »
But it's also remarkable that it took so long for someone to spot that glaring error. Maybe just nobody is looking at this thread anymore...  :noid

My excuse is I just got back from a vacation so I just saw it.  ;)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »
I just figured other points were factoring into Allied win. Such as structures destroyed, fighters shot down, hotdogs eaten, what have you.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »
Axis vs Allied tanks

Ah... I've read that three times, but it seems to contradict itself: you say Allies win yet Axis killed 225,808 and Allies killed 193,568.

I will check the numbers again tomorrow (already shut down my 'mainframe'), but for now I'm quite sure I just swapped the labels while typing the message.

And so it was, I just swapped the labels. Allies win in the LW arena, and that's how the numbers break down:

While the heavy German tanks have spectacular individual K/D's, there are obviously just not enough of them to break the Allied dominance set by the T-34/85.
I'm tempted to say: Just like in real life ;)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:58 AM »
I feel like the T-34 being the only tank with APCR/HVAP gives it an unfair advantage, one that it did not have in real life. While certainly less common than the Soviets, the US and Germans did make use of the round, enough to warrant it being represented in the game.

Given that unless camping, the average tanker only expends a few rounds, I'd be more than willing to bet T-34/85 usage would plummet if the M4(76), Panzers, and tank destroyers got APCR.

I'm also curious as to the accuracy of the loadouts. Was it really common for T-34's to carry so much HVAP? It was always my understanding that it was common because it was available to almost everyone, not that they were using it almost as much as their standard AP round.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »
Other then usually being little more then whackamole. the larger concern I have wih the GV game is the extreme ranges that hits can be made with abolute pinpoint accuracy to the point where even at full zoom the target looks to be little more then a speck on the screen. Rounds simply to not fly that true that far IRL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2013, 11:24:16 AM »
I was wondering what the ratio of augers are to the total of sorties flown.  I think there is a lot more augers of planes without battle damage hitting the ground
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
I was wondering what the ratio of augers are to the total of sorties flown.  I think there is a lot more augers of planes without battle damage hitting the ground

I'm afraid you will continue to wonder. From the stats we can't tell how many planes hit the ground without any prior battle damage.