Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89481 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »
Practically not. Tracking the detailed killstats for every pilot would take me lots (= hundreds of) hours for even just a single tour.  :old:
well ill let you know when I have a good month, then you can do it and say I'm the best lol. Thanks anyway.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 23, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »
well ill let you know when I have a good month, then you can do it and say I'm the best lol. Thanks anyway.

You are the best.

See, we now both saved ourselves a lot of time  :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #452 on: December 23, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
 :rofl I needed that.. But how will I brag to all the others without your awesome chart?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »
:rofl I needed that.. But how will I brag to all the others without your awesome chart?

(This thread will get back to 'serious matters' soon... working on my annual AH stats report  :old:)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:49:11 PM by Lusche »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #454 on: December 24, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
"random units"  :rofl.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »
"Constant Bish Horde" - A sample.

[quote date]
Yep looks like you suffered for a long time from this situation judging from the amount of owned fields. Probably bish hordes had rolled most of the day and you happened to log on during a rare quiet moment.
[/quote]

Things like that keep popping up again and again - Bish are allegedly constantly outnumbering the opposition by a large scale. Especially interesting when such statements come from players not even playing the game anymore.
Well, my subjective experiences didn't match that (probably because I'm flying on all sides regularly) and so I started to take screenshots of the country status in random intervals whenever I was playing. And you know I'm playing a lot...

Here's a graph of just over three days of gameplay in the LW arena:

Of course there are some major gaps in there (even the Snailman rests at times), but even when assuming the Bishops have a significant numerical superiority whenever I sleep, I think it's quite clear you can't just generalize that.
The average sampled player percentage for that period was Bishops 31%, Knights 31% Rooks 38%

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
Of course there are some major gaps in there (even the Snailman rests at times), but even when assuming the Bishops have a significant numerical superiority whenever I sleep, I think it's quite clear you can't just generalize that.
The average sampled player percentage for that period was Bishops 31%, Knights 31% Rooks 38%
[/quote]

I fly for the bish daily, and it is typical for the bish to outnumber the opposition by a significant % in the early AM (PST) on weekdays, causing ENY issues. Numbers even out after a few hours, and by mid-afternoon it's the rooks who are beginning to have a numerical advantage. In the evenings the rooks tend to outnumber the other sides by 20-40 players, and their ENY issues are minimal or non-existant.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
In the evenings the rooks tend to outnumber the other sides by 20-40 players, and their ENY issues are minimal or non-existant.

because eny is based on % of the total, not "oh they have 20-40 more"

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:36:21 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »
The AK's rotate each month and have for a while. I fly 8-12 EST normally. From my perspective by and large, lowest-highest numbers it's Bish, Nit, Rook.  I base this on the perk cost of a 262. I don't fly them often, but I consider them "on sale" when they get below 200. Last month when we were Bish I flew them more than normal and never at a perk cost of over 171.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2014, 10:40:55 AM »
At one point last night, 262s were only 112 perks.  Pretty low cost for a country that is always hording.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:43:28 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
I'd just like to point out that total numbers aren't inherently tied to which country is actively hording, but rather only shows the capacity to horde.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2014, 02:23:54 PM »
I usually discount statements regarding differences between Bishops, Knights, and Rooks, but there is one strange effect I've noticed that seems statistically significant.  Bishops sometimes outnumber the other sides during weekday mornings and perhaps afternoons (US Pacific Time) and then are usually fairly significantly outnumbered, often by Rooks, sometimes both Knights and Rooks, in the US Pacific Time evenings.  This means that when I log on in the early afternoon the Bishops may have a surplus of fields, from the actions of the "horde" Bishops on during the day, but the tide quickly turns as time goes into the evening and Bishops get outnumbered and, understandably, loose fields.  So during the prime time for me to be on, US Pacific evening, I, as a Bishop, am usually trying to defend against significantly superior numbers.  Sometimes that gets old, but then it was probably old for Knights and Rooks earlier in the day when Bishops outnumbered them. 

The effect seems pretty prevalent yet I am at a loss to explain why it would be so.  Do European players preferentially chose to be Bishops thereby increasing Bishop numbers in evening European time?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »
The effect seems pretty prevalent yet I am at a loss to explain why it would be so.  Do European players preferentially chose to be Bishops thereby increasing Bishop numbers in evening European time?

I can see no reason why they would conciously choose to do so. A European player is not more likely to prefer a certain chesspiece over the two others than a US one.

What can have a rather large impact are squads, both he residental one as well as the "rotating squads" in particular. When I was Bish two tours before, 'we' had massive numbers at my (local) daytime with rooks being the most outnumbered side. Currently that's no longer the case, with rooks now having often more players on than Bish while the Knights are (at this specific time) the smallest team for the most part.

And as the numbers are shifting, the hordes are shifting as well. Sure, even a very much outnumbered side can "horde" locally at any given time, but usually only when the two 'big boys' are preoccupied with each other. Generally having numbers is one of the two main prerequisites to get the horde rolling. The other one is having a leader online who is able to rally his countrymen.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #463 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »
Not a leader, just someone known for making larger missions. They will get joiners even without a large number already in, because they're known for large missions. Where as someone who doesn't usually make missions will see few people join, because he doesn't have large numbers, or a reputation to lean on.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #464 on: January 11, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
I wonder if bish being outnumbered most of the time is some sort of reaction from years ago when they DID outnumber most of the time.

if they keep it up, rooks are going to become the new bishops before long.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.