Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88248 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
The Seafire surprised me the most that it is so low on the list.  A super plane around a carrier.

Basically having the performance of a Spit V, it's engaging a lot of even more 'super' land based planes, including several Spitfires which are much better at... well, being a Spitfire ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2015, 03:03:03 PM »
Brewster is still easy mode...even if a lot fall to vulchers...which is why I suspect the brews K/D is so low....Same with zeak and hurri.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:41 PM »
The Seafire surprised me the most that it is so low on the list.  A super plane around a carrier.
lol the "incredible" Brewster is still doing much better than the poor P38L...
I still remember times when the B-3.. I mean P-38L was a respectable fighter.

Look at the mossie VI! right there with the same impact as the N1K & Typhoon, and only one notch below the Yak3  :rofl  :aok
WTG bugfighters!

A lot of that lower lot have skewed ratios due to how they are used...brews and Ki43s are often bought out to try and suppress heavily capped fields so die heeeaaappps...things like the 38L and 1D are used as bomb trucks and are just not used well...bomb and auger...looking at a lot of those in the lower section it is how they are used that is putting them there.... some however are just not used much and have a larger difficulty scale.... that is my impression..

As always... Interesting stuff snail.... the fact you take the time to compile the things people didn't even know they wanted to know is amazing  :salute
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:18:59 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
Brewster is still easy mode...even if a lot fall to vulchers...which is why I suspect the brews K/D is so low....Same with zeak and hurri.

Like the Hurri, it's simply a much worse fighter than most it engages in the MA. Low top speed, meagre acceleration and climb rate and bad energy retention do mean quite a lot in the Late War arena. It takes the Brewster a lot of time to get energy and it's running out of steam quite quickly. Good handling and good turning radius only go so far.

And about the vulching, when I'm in a vulching position over an enemy airfield I actually see few Brews upping compared to Spitfires and La's which have a much better chance in getting off the ground and into 'fighting mode'.

I may also point out that unlike most other 'victims' on the chart above the Brewster is a pure fighter, never being slowed down by ords and the 'suicide porking' mindest of 38L and F4U-D pilots.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Where's Schlowy?  :evil:

A2A performance by country.

Of course the roles a nation's plane usually fulfill has a major impact. US fighters with their heavy payload are so much more being used for moving mud than the German fighters with their heavy bomber bustin' armament, but small external payload. And then there's the 262...

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »
A lot of less popular planes have a few dedicated pilots thats have a big impact on the planes score so the stats are not that reliable.
In the case with the Brew i would say that a decent pilot kan have a k/d ratio of >1 he fly in a normal way and dont just from vulched fields.
In terms of E retension ive seen on my  vids that the Brew holds E pretty well below 250 when turning compare to faster rides, Jugs And ponys in particular. It is no surprise but it could be a part of the myth about the brew.

But i belive that it hurt the ego so much to be killed by a brew that people need something to blame their failure on and thats where the superbrew myth come from....
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
A lot of less popular planes have a few dedicated pilots thats have a big impact on the planes score so the stats are not that reliable.

Oh, absolutely. If we look at pure k/d, the planes performance, the role it's playing in the MA (buff hunter vs sucide porker) and the people flying it (including raw popularity) all impact the stats.
The P-38L vs P-38J is the most notable example for that.

However, for the chart above which shows k-d it generally takes more than just a few players to move a fighter out of the median (a high numbdr of kills are necessary for that.) But of course that doesn't invalidates your point at all.

But i belive that it hurt the ego so much to be killed by a brew that people need something to blame their failure on and thats where the superbrew myth come from....

I think the lack of actual knowledge about the plane and the version we have in AH is a very big cause.
It's just like when the Sherman VC was introduced and mnade a powerful appearance on the AH battlefield. Folks were getting ballistic over our 'overmodeled' VC just based on a very vague knowledge coming from a few TV shows telling them the "sherman" was allegedly incabale of "killing German tanks".
It was almost impossible to convince players that our 'Sherman' was a different model with one of the finest tank guns of the war.

There's so much misinformation and unwillingnes to look something up or learn something and so many 'strong opinions' based on a few crappy TV shows out there...  :bhead

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Like the Hurri, it's simply a much worse fighter than most it engages in the MA. Low top speed, meagre acceleration and climb rate and bad energy retention do mean quite a lot in the Late War arena. It takes the Brewster a lot of time to get energy and it's running out of steam quite quickly. Good handling and good turning radius only go so far.

And about the vulching, when I'm in a vulching position over an enemy airfield I actually see few Brews upping compared to Spitfires and La's which have a much better chance in getting off the ground and into 'fighting mode'.

I may also point out that unlike most other 'victims' on the chart above the Brewster is a pure fighter, never being slowed down by ords and the 'suicide porking' mindest of 38L and F4U-D pilots.
How do you explain the FM2 being higher if not because it is upped in vulcher situations?

You about to tell me the FM2 can beat a Brewster 1v1?? :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 23, 2015, 06:45:16 AM »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #594 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:38 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This chart shows fighter planes air to air kills-deaths. In that way, you can see the in some way the 'impact' a particular fighter has on the air combat. (It's basically a condensed version of my standard 'fighter galaxy' chart like the one I did for tanks above. I will post that version at a later point)

Can you spot the incredible Brewster? ;)  :bolt:

The 190A-8 did better than I would have thought.  Most seem to be of the suicide porker type.  Although the ones that live usually run away, so it makes sense.

(Image removed from quote.)

That P-51D sure is a dog.  ;)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 23, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
The 190A-8 did better than I would have thought.

Might be because of buff killing?... will look into that  :old:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #596 on: February 23, 2015, 07:21:33 AM »
I would have expected the F4U4 would have been higher or at least close to the tempest.  Could it be the gun package?  If 4U4 had the 4 canons like the chog, I bet it would be much higher.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 23, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »
I would have expected the F4U4 would have been higher or at least close to the tempest.  Could it be the gun package?  If 4U4 had the 4 canons like the chog, I bet it would be much higher.

Yes, the gun package plays a very large role in this.

This also highlights the 'best fighter' problem. Usually the answer from experienced AH pilots is "F4U-4". And in my opinion that holds very much true in the kind of 1v1 duels we usually can find in the DA, where the F4U-4 really can be all over the Tempest.

But the MA is a different combat environment. Here the performance traits of planes will be weighted differently. The combination of insanse speed and acceleration and raw firepower very much favors the Tempest. If it would slow down to 'duel' a F4U-4 it would be in trouble, but in the MA this is rarely done.

That's why the Tempest has not only the higher overall K/D (7.06 vs the F4U-4's 2.93) but also enjoys a 2-1 K/D in direct combat against the F4U-4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 23, 2015, 08:05:58 AM »
The 190A-8 did better than I would have thought.

Might be because of buff killing?... will look into that  :old:

The 190A-8 has not only a high percentage of it's A2A kills against bombers, it's K/D against them is also so much better (not really a surprise)

For comparison, the LWMA fighter average was 28% buff kills, and a k/D of 1 vs fighters, 3.8 vs bombers

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #599 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:43 AM »
As always, thanks for all the facts.  This and your Brew thread should be a sticky.  I will never complain about a brew again.