Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89582 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2015, 12:29:27 AM »
When I left AH the P47 decreased. Since I came back its shooting thru the roof  :cheers: :angel:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #616 on: February 24, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
When I left AH the P47 decreased. Since I came back its shooting thru the roof  :cheers: :angel:

:aok. You're a killer brother.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2015, 04:15:45 AM »
A bit surprising that the D-11's K/D versus buffs is twice that of the 47N.

And the Tempest kills buffs better than the 262 -  Whuuhhht?

It's how they are used.  Most people choose a P-47N for the added WEP performance and ordinance for mud moving and a lot of those end up dead rather quickly. The folks that pick the D11 for A2A work and spend the time to climb up to a reasonable altitude.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2015, 06:09:04 AM »
It's how they are used.  Most people choose a P-47N for the added WEP performance and ordinance for mud moving and a lot of those end up dead rather quickly. The folks that pick the D11 for A2A work and spend the time to climb up to a reasonable altitude.

True, but I was referring to only the K/D versus bombers.  6.8 in the D11, to 3.1 in the 47N. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2015, 06:15:14 AM »
Maybe I ban take a look at the avg. 47N flyer and the average D-11 pilot...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2015, 07:28:35 AM »
Lusche - thanks.

A P-47N should get the same results - I just don't they are used for A2A except by a few.  The D11 is always used A2A and therefore the opportunity is there to intercept bombers more often

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2015, 07:43:13 AM »
True, but I was referring to only the K/D versus bombers.  6.8 in the D11, to 3.1 in the 47N.
Less skilled players grabbing the N as compared to the D-11 leads to more dead six attacks on bombers and a poorer K/D ratio against bombers by the N than the D-11.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »
This shows overall fighter 'usage' and K/D, including kills of and by ground targets (GV, manned ack)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
Lusche,
how about looking at a "dedication" score for each model. In a given tour (or several combined) divide the total kills of a given model by the total number of kills of all players that had at least one kill with the model. This would give 1 if all player do all their killing with this model - I.e. they tend to be dedicated, and a value closer to 0 if this is a "hop on for an ocassional ride" model.

Models such as the P38G, 109F, P47D11, Ta152 are probably flown by dedicated players, while the common JABOs and carrier fighter-bombers are everyone's *potatoes*. Which model has the most dedicated players community?

P.S.,
You can do the same with K+D instead of just K to be more inline with your usage parameter.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
That's a very interesting approach, Bozon, which I really would like to do.
Unfortunately it's also very time consuming as I would have to compile the (fighter) plane kill stats for all those players first. And we are talking of thousands of players. That would take take a lot of time... which is, unlike in the previous 9 years, very much limited for me these days ;)

Will think about it, but no promises  :old:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #625 on: February 24, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
Yes, the gun package plays a very large role in this.

This also highlights the 'best fighter' problem. Usually the answer from experienced AH pilots is "F4U-4". And in my opinion that holds very much true in the kind of 1v1 duels we usually can find in the DA, where the F4U-4 really can be all over the Tempest.

But the MA is a different combat environment. Here the performance traits of planes will be weighted differently. The combination of insanse speed and acceleration and raw firepower very much favors the Tempest. If it would slow down to 'duel' a F4U-4 it would be in trouble, but in the MA this is rarely done.

That's why the Tempest has not only the higher overall K/D (7.06 vs the F4U-4's 2.93) but also enjoys a 2-1 K/D in direct combat against the F4U-4
Wouldn't perk cost factor in also.  Often, -4's are cheap compared to Tempest's, so one may be more careful in a tempest, than a -4.   

Personally, I would put a -4 above a Tempest 1v1, but that's just me. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Personally, I would put a -4 above a Tempest 1v1, but that's just me.

I think about everyone with some experience would agree, but as said before, the MA is no DA  :evil:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2015, 07:38:07 AM »
An update on the "what did they do" mode chart:

Just for the record, when the GV usage goes up and fighter mode utilization goes down from one quarter to the next it doesn't necessarily mean that individual players stopped to fly fighters and went to GV'ing. In the age of diminishing numbers, it's a bit more complex than that. These are just relative percentages.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2015, 07:47:51 AM »
. . .
Just for the record, when the GV usage goes up and fighter mode utilization goes down from one quarter to the next it doesn't necessarily mean that individual players stopped to fly fighters and went to GV'ing. In the age of diminishing numbers, it's a bit more complex than that. These are just relative percentages.

Sequence and duration of maps?  As an Geebo's well done crater map seems to suck the skies dry.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »
Sequence and duration of maps?  As an Geebo's well done crater map seems to suck the skies dry.

That has more short term impact, only between individual tours. The chart shows usage by quarter.

And CraterMa had such an effect only in it's early days. The last 2 times it was up I went to the crater during prime time and it was much, much less populated than it used to be. I counted the GVs in the film viewer, at times only about 10% of all players had been there. Almost as if most had been tired of that place by now.