Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88275 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #660 on: March 02, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »
Analysis:
The Spitfire is a connecting plane. It connects the turny world with the fast plane set. When lots of Spits are around, their speed is fast enough to force planes into turn fights, and Spit pilots are not afraid to engage in Turn fights. With the increase in turn fighting, there is good results to be had with a more turny bird (hurri, Ki-84, N1ki, Zeke, P-40, 109F, etc.  But when the Spit population declines, the rest turny set is too slow to catch the Stangs, Jugs, Dora, La7 croud so players abandon the turny planes altogether and jump in Faster rides in an attempt to force action.

The Theory:
1) I think move to faster planes has been caused by the decline in spit fire use, which happened for its own reason. That reason is the "easy mode" reputation/Mocking in combination with increased player experience levels. As players progress they move away from the Spit into something more challenging. I think the experience level of the average player is gowing over the past few years because there are less new players to the game. IThese more experinced players begin to look for new challenges, such as the achievement system, GV-ing etc.

2) Also a contributing factor is the large rise in GV-ing. This has cause a shift in the planes set to more bombers and heavy fighters for bombing GVs. The American Plane set of F4Us, Pony's. Lightnings, Jugs, and P-38s are ideal for bombing GVs. They are also Faster and harder to catch so you need to bring your K4, Dora, La7 to kill them.

3) The increased GV action seems to coincide with more Base-Taking fights, than Furball Fights. If you're taking a base you bring Attack/Fighters like Pony's, F4Us Typhies, etc..and Bombers. Requiring faster planes catch diving, bomb dropping fighters.

:salute

Howdy Vink!

Focusing in on #1 here.  Interesting observation on Spitfire use.  My first love is and always will be the Spit Mk. VIII.  In frustration I have shifted up to the Mk. XIV more often than not which gives me a lot more speed and acceleration to catch those faster birds.  Again this adds to the increasing speed trend shown in Lusche's chart.  Just an observation from a Spit freak... :x

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #661 on: March 02, 2015, 10:05:24 AM »
Sesame Street Mode: "One of these planes is not like the others".

The P-40 can TnB fairly well against many of the faster planes, but is in deep against those you mentioned.  You need to be a much better pilot to beat one of those planes with a P-40 in anything near an even fight.

True. I through it there because the hot dogs would take em and try, but only when there was lots of furballing.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:33 AM »
Another random bit of information:

Player distribution by chesspiece

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »
smelly bish :furious
See Rule #4

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
smelly bish :furious

usa primetime on this chart is about 0100-0700. 

and you can see the trend.. bish are lowest during that time.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »
Yesterdays player distribution showed a somewhat similar picture. Rooks had the most players around US primetime, Bishops before that

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #666 on: April 19, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
I've been seeing this trend (Bishops outnumbered during US night time and outnumbering other sides during US morning/Europe evening) for a long time.  I find it quite bizarre.  What could possibly cause this asymmetric distribution of players between arbitrary chess piece named sides? 

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #667 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
Bish early crew takes all the bases, Rooks late crew takes them all back, Knights sit on the sidelines drinking tea and watching the show.  :)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #668 on: April 19, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »
Yesterdays player distribution showed a somewhat similar picture. Rooks had the most players around US primetime, Bishops before that

(Image removed from quote.)

Very interesting!  I think I am seeing a pretty strong inverse relationship between the Knight and Rook populations....

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 19, 2015, 01:35:50 PM »
I want to point out that these are just two small data samples and that the absolute numbers are varying very much over the time of one chart.
For example on Friday, the total number of players ranged from 36 to 205. At low population times, even two players logging on or off a specific side can have quite an impact.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #670 on: April 19, 2015, 02:00:11 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Looks like knights are having the most fun. Maybe it is time to rotate.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »
Looks like knights are having the most fun. Maybe it is time to rotate.

At one time we were being horded heavily. But later on, rooks & bish played with each other and pretty much ignored us. We got a lot of our bases back, but mostly without much combat.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »
At one time we were being horded heavily. But later on, rooks & bish played with each other and pretty much ignored us. We got a lot of our bases back, but mostly without much combat.

I've actually noticed a lot of that recently. Seems like whenever I get on there is only 1 really big fight going on and it's always between the Rooks and the Bish. Nits have virtually no one attack them at all. Even so, Nits still have the most fun  :D

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #673 on: April 19, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »
Is there a way to track fighter usage by chess piece?

I tend to see a lot of P-51's, spits, lala's on bish and rook, more 109's, spits, and Ki-84's on Knight when I toggle view icon options.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 19, 2015, 02:32:14 PM »
Is there a way to track fighter usage by chess piece?

No.