Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88201 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »
Is there a way to track fighter usage by chess piece?

I tend to see a lot of P-51's, spits, lala's on bish and rook, more 109's, spits, and Ki-84's on Knight when I toggle view icon options.
I'd be very surprised if you find any significant plane usage difference between the chess pieces. What you see is probably local peaks due to squadrons that fly on your hours, or a missions leader that operates on your schedule. There are quite a few Spit, 109 and p51 squadrons, some other P47, 190 that can create local peaks in plane type usage. If you see a local peak in 190A8, mosquitoes, and 410s used for air superiority, you know the ~loose deuce~ are around.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2015, 11:10:55 PM »
Is there a way to track fighter usage by chess piece?

I tend to see a lot of P-51's, spits, lala's on bish and rook, more 109's, spits, and Ki-84's on Knight when I toggle view icon options.
I'd be very surprised if you find any significant plane usage difference between the chess pieces. What you see is probably local peaks due to squadrons that fly on your hours, or a missions leader that operates on your schedule. There are quite a few Spit, 109 and p51 squadrons, some other P47, 190 that can create local peaks in plane type usage. If you see a local peak in 190A8, mosquitoes, and 410s used for air superiority, you know the ~loose deuce~ are around.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
F6f usage? Im considering about flying alot more. I like to be different.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Spyro of Warfang

• Zinc Member
« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:31 AM »
Just went through this thread. I gotta say, these are very interesting; helped me get back up to speed on the game's history. Will definitely keep an eyeball on this one.

On that note... Anyone care to explain the rise of GVing? Back when I was playing seriously, I always figured they were next-to-pointless, given the prominence of 'air war' tactics.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »
On that note... Anyone care to explain the rise of GVing? Back when I was playing seriously, I always figured they were next-to-pointless, given the prominence of 'air war' tactics.

When was that?
There had been no fundamentally change in this regard in the past 10 years. While the GV share has slowly increased from 20 to 25 %(mostly after the Gv control change), you had about the same stuff happening as today. Bases had been sneaked by GV, towns been leveled by them, large ground pushes were made. Often on a larger scale than today, because of overall greater number of players.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:28:38 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »
Someone who played a long time ago, would mistake the prevalence of GV spawn battles and the TT battles that suck players out of the sky for the night. As an increase in GVing. He is missing the reality that these maps simply concentrate the GVers making it look like more than it is.

If we had nightly numbers from say 2006, who would notice? When ever the knights don't have access to the several major two country spawn battle fields. The same number who would have sat all night at those spawns, try to take fields with tanks. I wish they would just drive bombers en mass instead. They would definitely capture the field instead of spending hours hiding in the bushes from bomb****s and long range tankers not moving up to take any ground.

I wonder if some of that 5% increase in GV player numbers is accounted for by PC\Laptops that no longer could support the FPS for air combat? That has been given to me as a reason for becoming a GVer by players who didn't want to give up their friends and the game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #681 on: April 22, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »

There have been quite a few exciting GVs brought into the game. Most of all the TDs.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2015, 04:02:02 PM »
An updated chart on GV vs plane usage.
This shows true usage, based on time spent in the different modes, for the whole arena.

GV's had been introduced in 2000, before the start of this chart. By 2001, we already had the core setup with a tank, an AA vehicle and a troop carrier. Since then, the GV set has been expanded step by step.
As you can see, the true "GV explosion" happened in AH 1 (AH 2 went live mid 2004), From 2004 onwards, the increase in gametime spent in GV has been relatively small. From 2008 to early 2011 you can even see a sort of decline, which was stopped by the introduction of the improved GV control setup in April 2011.

Again, keep in mind that these are relative values. In absolute hours (which translates into average # of players in GV at a given time), the peak was reached in 2007/2008. On average, we had actually more than twice the number of players in vehicles than we have today.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:13:02 PM by Lusche »

Offline Spyro of Warfang

• Zinc Member
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »
Okay. Thanks for the chart; I appreciate your help in setting the record straight.

Any chance of a chart showing country win/loss ratios?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »
Any chance of a chart showing country win/loss ratios?

Unfortunately, that's not possible.

Many years ago, we had plane stats by country, but any country based stats had been removed since then.  :(

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »
An updated chart on GV vs plane usage.
This shows true usage, based on time spent in the different modes, for the whole arena.

(Image removed from quote.)

GV's had been introduced in 2000, before the start of this chart. By 2001, we already had the core setup with a tank, an AA vehicle and a troop carrier. Since then, the GV set has been expanded step by step.
As you can see, the true "GV explosion" happened in AH 1 (AH 2 went live mid 2004), From 2004 onwards, the increase in gametime spent in GV has been relatively small. From 2008 to early 2011 you can even see a sort of decline, which was stopped by the introduction of the improved GV control setup in April 2011.

Again, keep in mind that these are relative values. In absolute hours (which translates into average # of players in GV at a given time), the peak was reached in 2007/2008. On average, we had actually more than twice the number of players in vehicles than we have today.

That fascinates me.  There must be a lot more NOE going on than I realize at times.  I wonder what it would look like if you could break it out by time of day.  :bolt:  My perception is GV usage ratio seems higher during off peak hours.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
I am surprised by the GV ratio; when they added the Panther and a few other GV's I figured it would help the ground game, seems it didn't do much at all. Then again most of the ground players have bailed on the game and moved to other games.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
I wonder what it would look like if you could break it out by time of day.

that wopuld be great, but that would require me hacking HTC's database for some real-time tracking  :noid

The only thing which I can do (and did) was going by GV vs plane kills&deaths (I can track that in near real time), but this is quite imprecise due to the changing k/t between off hours and prime time.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
Then again most of the ground players have bailed on the game and moved to other games.

There is no indication of this at all. How do you explain the slight increase as well as overall GV usage, as well as the increase of "heavy GV users" when ground players are supposed to have left the game?

Offline Spyro of Warfang

• Zinc Member
« Reply #689 on: April 22, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
Then again most of the ground players have bailed on the game and moved to other games.
If there's anything other than pitched aerial dogfights that WWII-based games try to emulate, it's armor vs. armor confrontations. There's quite a lot of appeal there, simply because of all the great stories that have come out of that realm, so we'd probably still have a sizable GV playerbase.

Hmmm... Maybe HTC should put more emphasis on GVs in their promotional material. They have the garage to keep some armchair tankers satisfied, it sounds like.