Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89249 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #690 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »

There is no indication of this at all. How do you explain the slight increase as well as overall GV usage, as well as the increase of "heavy GV users" when ground players are supposed to have left the game?

I have no proof of this "assumption" but it seems to me that with all the tank games that popped up over the last couple of years Im sure there are many that have come in and checked out what HTC has to offer. I would think that many stayed after checking it out. The other games have such small battle fields and the games are limited to numbers and time I think as well. Here "the battle rages on 24/7!"

So even tho we lost a lot of players to the other games I think we have captured more with a better game with out waits, longer battles, and an automatic transmissions.  :devil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 23, 2015, 06:11:57 AM »
Direct comparison of time spent in vehicles between tour 74 (March 2006) and tour 182 (March 2015)

Interestingly, the (relative) number of players who don't care about that GV thing has stayed about the same. The share of players doing GV only has about doubled, but is still on a very low level.
The real increase in GV usage comes from the 'casual drivers', those who play the whole game including vehicles. This group seems to spend more time in vehicles than before.

Please keep in mind that there are 9 years between the two samples and the individual players making up the chart are not the same for the most part.

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #692 on: April 23, 2015, 06:55:27 AM »
50% of players spend 10% or more of their time in GVs? That's disgusting!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #693 on: April 23, 2015, 07:10:46 AM »
Ggeebo's beautiful map sucks planes out of the sky to GVs at the beginning of US eastern prime time then goes back to normal latter that evening best I can tell.  I think the common plane player switching over to gvs on that map get tired of being shot by spawn campers or well hidden, skilled tanks then go back to planes.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »
Direct comparison of time spent in vehicles between tour 74 (March 2006) and tour 182 (March 2015)

(Image removed from quote.)

Interestingly, the (relative) number of players who don't care about that GV thing has stayed about the same. The share of players doing GV only has about doubled, but is still on a very low level.
The real increase in GV usage comes from the 'casual drivers', those who play the whole game including vehicles. This group seems to spend more time in vehicles than before.

Please keep in mind that there are 9 years between the two samples and the individual players making up the chart are not the same for the most part.

You should overlay that against active subscriber numbers.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
Only HTC has active subscriber numbers.  It isn't published.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »

For some odd reason HTC wont tell me the number of subscribers ;)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #697 on: April 23, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »
Only HTC has active subscriber numbers.  It isn't published.

For some odd reason HTC wont tell me the number of subscribers ;)

Couldn't you simply take the total number of ranked players? AFAIK, the game doesn't rank you unless you log in, so at the very least you'd have an "active" number of players from the number of ranked players, which should have some sort of direct correlation to subscriptions.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:11:34 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 23, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
For all my pilot/player based stats I simply gather data of all pilots that had at least one kill or death in anything. That allows a very high precision on stats like that one above and similar. It shows what is happening in the LW arena so to speak (it would fall short for the EW and somewhat for the MW arena).

However, it's not possible to deduct an exact number of subscribers from them, mostly because the number of "2weekers" varied immensely over the years. I may have a sort of reasonable guess by 'connecting all the dots' over the years, but I'd like to keep that for myself. I don't want to publicly cross too deep into "That's not your business!" territory ;)

The reason I synchronised both tours to a 'percentage of players' format is also mainly to enable a direct comparison on what players are doing and how much.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #699 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »
Snailman, is there any statistically significant drop in kills relative to usage in the K4 since people started complaining about the 30mm?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #700 on: April 23, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »
You might want to attach a date to that, Kampfer.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #701 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »
I don't know when everyone thinks the 30mm "bug" started. I've noticed no decrease in lethality.

Last two years I suppose would be sufficient.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2015, 04:10:03 AM »
I don't know when everyone thinks the 30mm "bug" started. I've noticed no decrease in lethality.

Last two years I suppose would be sufficient.

The sporadic complaints about go much further than that and don't really statistically correlate with anything.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2015, 06:24:30 AM »

There is no indication of this at all. How do you explain the slight increase as well as overall GV usage, as well as the increase of "heavy GV users" when ground players are supposed to have left the game?

Game play changes is a pretty good reason for increased GV usage, when I quit playing there were very rare times HQ was ever down; did you take into account that perhaps GV usage is up because of the game play changes?
It seems quite a bit of the game has changed since I have left, it doesn't always have to do with content but game play :)

Then again it would be interesting to see a chart on the total time HQ has been down for any country; based on year - I don't recall HQ being down very much unless it was a massive raid, even then most massive raids were either targeted at an Airfield or a mission setup (Bomb groups doing a factory hit with historical aircraft etc). Again - I only remember a "few" times when HQ was down, even then by the time it was resupplied it didn't seem but a few minutes.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2015, 06:32:42 AM »
Game play changes is a pretty good reason for increased GV usage, when I quit playing there were very rare times HQ was ever down; did you take into account that perhaps GV usage is up because of the game play changes?

Of course I do, and I have stated that. Most notably because of the revamped GV controls.

But it was not about 'why' but 'who'. I was referring to the statement

Then again most of the ground players have bailed on the game and moved to other games.

If the GV players, as a class, had mostly bailed on the game we could not possibly have more GV usage overall and relatively more "heavy GV users" in specific  ;)
A lot of players 'bailed' on AH over the years, all kinds of them, but the group of ground players did fare somewhat better than for example the fighter jocks.