Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88190 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2015, 06:35:23 AM »
Then again it would be interesting to see a chart on the total time HQ has been down for any country; based on year - I don't recall HQ being down very much unless it was a massive raid

We have no stats about that.
But in the past the HQ was also a less valuable target with it's fixed 45 minutes downtime, which meant it was often back up even before a HQ raider had a chance to land.
Now HQ can be easily down for 100 minutes or more (theor. max. is 165 minutes), and is a PITA to resupply if you only got a handfull of players online.
(Which shows that it's very difficult to balance a target with such a massive global impact)

But enough with that numbers for now, I'm going to take my boy to the park  :banana:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:38:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2015, 09:41:38 AM »
This has a chart in it, and it's funny, and I'm not done abusing the forum's new youtube code.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Spyro of Warfang

• Zinc Member
« Reply #707 on: April 25, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »
This has a chart in it, and it's funny, and I'm not done abusing the forum's new youtube code.

Kinda failed on my end. Might have fixed it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 11, 2015, 03:31:51 AM »
Haven't posted anything in a long time, haven't I?  :old:

Well, here's something more recent:

This simply shows where our AH players spent their time last tour.

This shows the overall kills per hour of gameplay, manned acks excluded (I can't track the time in them)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #710 on: September 11, 2015, 03:59:40 AM »
WW1 and AvA have the most engaging fights and lowest game time. This should change in the AvA I love that place.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #711 on: September 11, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
WW1 and AvA have the most engaging fights and lowest game time. This should change in the AvA I love that place.

AVA is the best!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #712 on: September 11, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #713 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
What would be interesting to see is a graph of an arena's population over time in one minute intervals over a couple weeks. 
Pies not kicks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:21 AM »
What would be interesting to see is a graph of an arena's population over time in one minute intervals over a couple weeks.

You would have to do that manually. Unfortunately the only way to do that is the manual one, i.e. logging in & out and noting down the numbers.
Which I actually did a few times on a limited base for the LW arena, I just don't have the capacity for such follies anymore  ;)

What's possible is a kind of automatic activity meter based on kills/deaths, in near real times. Again, I have done that a few times for the LW arena and posted results somewhere...

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2015, 11:40:16 AM »
Lusche, in all sincerity, I've found your stats graphs and charts absolutely fascinating
over the years and you have my thanks for all the time and effort you've put into
compiling 'em and working 'em into graphic form.

Best regards, Odd

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #716 on: September 11, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »

for about a year i recorded data for late war, during all the times i was on, with about 30 minute intervals

never graphed it, but i did learn bishops were outnumbered pretty much all the time i played (us primetime)
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »
Country Numbers

My wife is on holiday so I had some free time to waste  :D

Yesterday's (Tuesday) distribution of players between countries:

As noted, the time is given in CST. 12:00 CST = 6 AM EDT, 04:00 CST = 10PM EDT

A bit more telling (especially when it comes to resulting ENY values) is the distribution in percentages.
The lower arena numbers in LW get, the more extreme can the number be distributed between the countries. And the resulting ENY limits can be very harsh and changing quite abruptly with only 3 or 4 players leaving or entering the arena:

During my early afternoon (early US morning) Bish had to cope with ENY 29 for quite some time. In the early evening Bish & Nits were both subject to some significant ENY limits, as Rook numbers stayed low

And how did last Tuesday stack up to some other Tuesdays of the past? Luckily I could dig up some data I gathered in the past:

The 2010 data set was from a Titanic Tuesday, meaning we had a single LW arena setup starting about 17:00 CEST (arena reset caused the dent in the graph at that time).

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »
   I for one find it quite confusing. It's obvious that the drop in players/subscriptions
has been continuous over the past five or more years. Yet there's been next to
nothing major that's really been changed in gameplay over all that time.
  I see lots of posts about the "community" of Aces High, but I don't buy into that.
It might be a "community", but if HTC's a part of it, they don't seem to participate
in it to any extent, save for brief, knee-jerk, replies to posts which Hitech finds
offensive. And I "get that". It's his baby. But some fun and interesting postings
I think the forum community in general would very much like to see and read.
  I give major kudos to HTC for updating the game engine. I know for a lot of folks
that's a huge improvement...graphically.
  But the bottom line is that the "gameplay" itself is stale and geared seemingly to
encouraging the now prevalent "hide in the ack" crowd and the wirbel-dweebs;
a constant source of frustration for most people and another reason why people are
leaving AH.
  I guess what I'd like to see, and keep hoping to see (but don't) is HTC actively
participating in gameplay discussions and/or flying in the LWA so they could
get a better grasp on how the current arena/strat settings are working out.
I just perceive that they've lost touch with the game as it currently is.
  I want them to succeed. Very much so. And I'm fervently hoping that
beyond the graphics in the new engine, some new/modified gameplay features
are incorporated into that.
  I'm not much of a flight simmer, myself. Air Warrior and Aces High are the only
flight sims I've spent more than an hour playing in the past two decades. (With
LONG breaks thrown in here and there.) But lately, I've been hitting some
"Flight Sim" websites looking for news/interviews about Aces High and the upcoming
new engine, but have drawn a blank.
  Do any of you hardcore flight simmers have any "flight sim news" type websites
that contain anything relative to Aces High? (Within, say the last two years.)

Regards, Odd

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #719 on: September 17, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »
   I for one find it quite confusing. It's obvious that the drop in players/subscriptions
has been continuous over the past five or more years. Yet there's been next to
nothing major that's really been changed in gameplay over all that time.
  I see lots of posts about the "community" of Aces High, but I don't buy into that.
It might be a "community", but if HTC's a part of it, they don't seem to participate
in it to any extent, save for brief, knee-jerk, replies to posts which Hitech finds
offensive. And I "get that". It's his baby. But some fun and interesting postings
I think the forum community in general would very much like to see and read.
  I give major kudos to HTC for updating the game engine. I know for a lot of folks
that's a huge improvement...graphically.
  But the bottom line is that the "gameplay" itself is stale and geared seemingly to
encouraging the now prevalent "hide in the ack" crowd and the wirbel-dweebs;
a constant source of frustration for most people and another reason why people are
leaving AH.
  I guess what I'd like to see, and keep hoping to see (but don't) is HTC actively
participating in gameplay discussions and/or flying in the LWA so they could
get a better grasp on how the current arena/strat settings are working out.
I just perceive that they've lost touch with the game as it currently is.
  I want them to succeed. Very much so. And I'm fervently hoping that
beyond the graphics in the new engine, some new/modified gameplay features
are incorporated into that.
  I'm not much of a flight simmer, myself. Air Warrior and Aces High are the only
flight sims I've spent more than an hour playing in the past two decades. (With
LONG breaks thrown in here and there.) But lately, I've been hitting some
"Flight Sim" websites looking for news/interviews about Aces High and the upcoming
new engine, but have drawn a blank.
  Do any of you hardcore flight simmers have any "flight sim news" type websites
that contain anything relative to Aces High? (Within, say the last two years.)

Regards, Odd

+1

MANY people have been going to other games. This game isn't inviting to new people. The learning curve is high, Combined with people who've been playing for ten years or more who know everything about the game constantly killing the new guy can make this game to hard for people to play. There's no tutorial, You're just thrown in and left to the dogs. The graphics are outdated. There are many bugs. This game isn't competitive against it's competitors.