Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89239 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #750 on: February 23, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
A P-40 can only BnZ typical late war birds for at most 3 passes and then the hunter becomes the hunted.   Not too many choose the P-40 to pick furballs for this reason.   There is little margin for error and no way to outrun 90% of the plane set.   The P-40 is for a player that wants to fight.   Or for showoffs.  :D
You can saddle up in a P40 pretty easy....but I agree it's not easy there are ways to make it easy especially when flying with numbers...unlike yourself who dives into furballs in P40s, P39s and all that other crap nobody else flys in the MA :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #751 on: February 23, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
Respectfully Disagree, It's not a matter of player to player.....almost all planes have a WAY to fly them Easy mode and rack up kills. Hell the P40 is a HELLUVA bnz bird so if you get a lot of alt over top a furball....the P40 becomes easy mode.

My pet peeve planes are F4U's/Brewsters....because IMO they are the easiest planes to fly in game, that's where your argument comes into play.

My limited experience flying all the "turny" bird planes....the Brew is by far the most simple. And before someone brings up the "limited" portion, I don't fly them because I don't get hardly any challenge while flying them.

<snip>

I'm more of a player vs. plane kind of guy myself.  I just pretend everything is a Spit V and fly it that way.  They all can do the same stuff for the most part.  It's just a question of at what speed/alt and how soon/late what ACM needs to be initiated.  Some are definitely much better suited for typical MA engagements than others. 

I think you need to define "easy" though because people say this about F4U's and then they also say it about La-7's, which are totally different beasts, though they're both "busy" planes to fly (at least in a 1v1 angles fight).  They do each have some great options to exercise and are competitive against pretty much anything non-perked, but they have some big weaknesses too and just like any other plane need to be flown to their strengths.

If you're saying they're easier to stay alive and get kills in than a lot of other birds, then I guess I'm with you, but you could say that about any fast plane.

As for Brewsters and the really slow turny planes, well, they're easy to turn and turn and turn but they can't dictate any fights.  You either accept their terms for fun or you have your way with them. 
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #752 on: February 23, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
F4Us are monsters.  Maybe not easy for a noob, but they are very dangerous in any kind of fight.   The only reputed weakness is climb rate, but in reality, it's only slightly below average.   The zoom climb/prop hanging/steady as a rock flight characteristics more than make up for it.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #753 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
I think total inability to build energy through climb or acceleration is a pretty big weakness. They do start as monsters but you need to fly smart to keep them that way in the MA, imo.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #754 on: February 23, 2016, 09:11:14 PM »
What about the uberflaps and rudder?   Corsairs are great turnfighters.   One of the best, in fact.

I would rather face a Spit XVI than a Corsair any day.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #755 on: February 23, 2016, 09:21:57 PM »
Oh, I don't dispute that the Corsairs are monsters, but flaps and rudder help you decelerate at will, and I am saying the weakness is you really can't accelerate at will (at least without alt). That's a pretty glaring weakness in a typical MA fight. There's a reason they arent usually "base defence" birds.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline fracca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #756 on: February 23, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
I will see what I can do for you, but no promises. Somewhat limited spare time these days means I concentrated on the LA arena stats (which represents like 90% of the AH players activity).
Maybe next weekend...

Totally understand and appreciate you even looking if you get a chance. Thanks very much regardless of outcome.
Colonic

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #757 on: February 24, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
My stats changed slightly, I've killed more Tutus than any other bomber as of last week. I need to look again though. Nevermind, I killed a bunch of Lancasters recently. However Tutus were on top.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:34:42 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #758 on: February 24, 2016, 04:36:03 PM »
Oh, I don't dispute that the Corsairs are monsters, but flaps and rudder help you decelerate at will, and I am saying the weakness is you really can't accelerate at will (at least without alt). That's a pretty glaring weakness in a typical MA fight. There's a reason they arent usually "base defence" birds.

Definitely a lot easier to beat if you're in a bird that can crack 4000fpm.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #759 on: February 24, 2016, 04:42:05 PM »

That is correct Vudak. I love the F4Us almost more than any other plane but when it comes to base defense, it's just not the plane you want to roll (unless you are fighting off CVs). The lack of acceleration is damning. Fighting with little E agaisnt BnZ planes is very tough in the F4U. The best way to fly it is to get at least 12-20K before you engage the enemy. The same thing for many American planes. They were made this way because they were typically on the attack, had to fly long distances, and generally had to be above all the enemies to be successful. The Japanease have a lot of turny birds because they were on the defense most of the time, that is why the KI84 is one of the best defense planes in the game.

It's all about how you fly them. Just keep note that the F4Us, while being a beast mode plane, takes a lot of practice to learn. In the MA, if you don't fly it to its strengths or get the necessary alt first, you will end up getting ganged. I always tell people to fly it BnZ style, and if you get a chance to 1v1 then go for it, but don't get cought up low or slow with a bunch of cons around. Always make sure you can escape the furball with speed and try to stay fast as much as you can. Always make sure to regain your alt before you head back to the furball. Its not a plane that you can just zoom in and out of furball like you can in a 109 or La7.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:44:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #760 on: April 03, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »
Spitty14s should have a higher K:D. But people assume they are like a 9 or a 16 and turn them like you would a 9 or 16.

It isnt as noob friendly as its brothers but it can turn you just gotta learn how with it. Ive had some good success with it. My most "fear" planes that are priority targets are usually the 38s mossies and nikis. thats due to the pilots that fly them except for the niki they accelerate and turn which is a threat to the way i fly.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #761 on: April 03, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »
My stats changed slightly, I've killed more Tutus than any other bomber as of last week. I need to look again though. Nevermind, I killed a bunch of Lancasters recently. However Tutus were on top.

My stats changed slightly, I've killed more fighters with the Tutus than any other plane.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #762 on: April 04, 2016, 03:50:03 AM »
We have stats??? :x
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline nickel5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #763 on: April 05, 2016, 04:38:35 PM »
How about Ar234 air to air stats and dogfights? ==<--O--O-->==

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #764 on: April 05, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »
I love stats

You can really tell a lot about how someone flies based on stats, if they don't take it seriously though its not too representive. Lots of people who talk crap have horrendous stats, so you can tell of they are talkin BS.

I always like to challenge myself and use the stats as a base for my performance.

Just to brag a bit, I had the top K/D last tour in 3 different planes.  :neener:

It's challenges like that that keep me playing the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion