Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89183 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #780 on: June 19, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
This is an updated, enhanced and corrected version of the data originally compiled for the recent "late war planes" thread

(Image removed from quote.)

Depicted are the air to air combat shares (by the means of adding a2a kills and deaths) of EW and MW fighters in the LW arena only. 2016 data consists of tours 192-196
EW, MW fighters = fighters first appearing unperked in the EW respectively MW arena.
I didn't extend it to earlier years because in 2006/2007 the EW & MW arenas had no seperate stats and were included in the 'main arena' data.

The A2A shares of EW fighters in the LW arena(s) did  drop by app. 30% over the past few years. However, the combined share of EW & MW fighters had stayed remarkably constant over the past 8 years. Thus the true LW fighter's share also stayed quite constant at around 70%.

That is surprising. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #781 on: June 19, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »
Lusche, I always enjoy seeing your stats! They're very reassuring vs the conventional wisdom from the MA and forums. It's very hard to get a feel for game outcomes while inside playing it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 19, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »
Lusche, I always enjoy seeing your stats!

Thank you :)

That is surprising. 

I was quite surprised myself...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2016, 12:53:30 AM »
I did not expect that at all...
Thanks for talking the time to check this.

I wonder what gives the false perception that there is an increase in LW rides? I guess all those Yak3 players were just flying other late war planes before its introduction. Spit 16 replacing the spit 9 and the old super-spit 5, did not have a big effect. P47M drivers were probably in D40 or P51s before that. Maybe it is just that some planes which are not preceived as late-war are actually late war models. The p47d-40 and p-38L come to mind. Their MW D11 and G variants are rare.
So, we went from late war to even later war, it that it?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2016, 01:09:39 AM »
Spit 16 replacing the spit 9 and the old super-spit 5, did not have a big effect.

Well,in may chart above these specific transits are not visible, as they happened quite a time before 2008 (16 was introduced in 2005).
I chose to omit the early days, as not only EW & MW arenas were included in the stats in 06/07, but also some of the planes had been markedly differently performance. Most notably the Spit V, which wasn't anything like the Spit V we have today, and thus was vastly more popular. Combined with having much fewer fighter planes overall, it makes a true comparison much more difficult. "Look, in 2002 there were much more EW planes" is rather pointless when the most used 'EW plane' of that time had kind of LW performance back then

P47M drivers were probably in D40 or P51s before that.

I very much guess so, yes.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:21 AM »
I wonder what gives the false perception that there is an increase in LW rides?

Possibly we didn't noticed the percentage of EW planes encountered, just the fact that we did encounter them more in greater absolute numbers because we simply had much more planes flying around in total? You could see someone landing his kills in an EW plane much more often just because of it. After all, in the 'golden days' AH had almost 4 times the A2A kills than it has today...

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #786 on: June 20, 2016, 05:41:21 AM »

. . . I wonder what gives the false perception that there is an increase in LW rides? . . .

Keep in mind the graph shows only about 30% of all fighters so 7 out of 10 fighters you encounter will be LW rides on average.  That is a lot of late war fighters in the MA.

I too enjoy Lusche's post.  All ways informative.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #787 on: June 20, 2016, 09:06:55 AM »
And most of the non-LW rides are planes like the SPIT IX, 190A, 109F/G-2 etc, they have the same icon and appearance as their LW siblings so it can be hard to separate MW and LW planes. It can give the impression that they are all LW rides.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 01, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »
What did the fighters kill?

These are  two charts depicting the victims of all fighter planes (regardless of scoring mode) over the years. Top chart shows the percentages, while bottom chart shows the absolute numbers. Please note that from late 2006 to late 2007 EW&MW arenas were included in these stats, so the absolute numbers during that timeframe are inflated by something like 10%.
No absolute numbers for 2016 given, as we are only half way through the year. Extrapolated from current trends we would end up with about 20% - 30% less kills (absolute), but the arrival of AH III could possibly change that a lot.

("attack" planes are bombers for the purpose of these charts)

For the record, I personally had expected a much higher rise of bomber kills (percentage wise). Oce more my perception was proven wrong by my own numbers  :old:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #789 on: July 01, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »
Is there any way to show a graph of use of bombers to see how interest in that has faired over the years?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #790 on: July 01, 2016, 03:26:51 PM »
What did the fighters kill?

These are  two charts depicting the victims of all fighter planes (regardless of scoring mode) over the years. Top chart shows the percentages, while bottom chart shows the absolute numbers. Please note that from late 2006 to late 2007 EW&MW arenas were included in these stats, so the absolute numbers during that timeframe are inflated by something like 10%.
No absolute numbers for 2016 given, as we are only half way through the year. Extrapolated from current trends we would end up with about 20% - 30% less kills (absolute), but the arrival of AH III could possibly change that a lot.

(Image removed from quote.)
("attack" planes are bombers for the purpose of these charts)

For the record, I personally had expected a much higher rise of bomber kills (percentage wise). Oce more my perception was proven wrong by my own numbers  :old:

That's quite interesting. If you look at my fighter scores from 2006-7 and then look at them now (not trying to brag) you can see a similar resemblance to those charts. I use to get around 300-500 kills then in only 100 or so sorties, now it definitely takes a lot more skill and experience just to come to close to that, and it's not close. When I look at my old tour stats it blows my mind how many more kills/  kills /time / skills per sortie, I was able to get compared to now. I'd say I have lost a lot of skills compared to then, but it's obvious there was so much more to shoot at back in those days. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:29:31 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 01, 2016, 03:49:14 PM »
. I'd say I have lost a lot of skills compared to then, but it's obvious there was so much more to shoot at back in those days.

Just a snapshot: When I joined tour 70, the average arena k/h in fighter mode was 4.3. In tour 196 (May 16), it was at 3.0.
More targets, more furballing, and much more vulching.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #792 on: July 02, 2016, 01:10:16 AM »
did someone say vulching??   My ears perked up a little...   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #793 on: July 02, 2016, 01:11:15 AM »
did someone say vulching??   My ears perked up a little...   

* smacks Bruv with a wet carp *

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #794 on: July 02, 2016, 05:54:18 AM »
* smacks Bruv with a wet carp *

- oldman

LOL Danger Will Robinson!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)