Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89206 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #795 on: July 02, 2016, 09:38:17 AM »
What did the fighters kill?

These are  two charts depicting the victims of all fighter planes (regardless of scoring mode) over the years. Top chart shows the percentages, while bottom chart shows the absolute numbers. Please note that from late 2006 to late 2007 EW&MW arenas were included in these stats, so the absolute numbers during that timeframe are inflated by something like 10%.
No absolute numbers for 2016 given, as we are only half way through the year. Extrapolated from current trends we would end up with about 20% - 30% less kills (absolute), but the arrival of AH III could possibly change that a lot.

(Image removed from quote.)
("attack" planes are bombers for the purpose of these charts)

For the record, I personally had expected a much higher rise of bomber kills (percentage wise). Oce more my perception was proven wrong by my own numbers  :old:
Uh....so I'm right that more furballers seemed to have left the game?? Probably because of m3 resupply and man guns...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #796 on: July 02, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »
I would say that it is not possible to draw that conclusion from the data. The M3:s and man guns were of course present long before the furballers left. I say that they left because of the decrease in player number made it harder to furball and those who enjoy other aspects of the game like strat runs and base sneaks are more likely to stay in the game since their gameplay are less affected by lower player numbers than the furballers.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 02, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
Uh....so I'm right that more furballers seemed to have left the game?? Probably because of m3 resupply and man guns...

Not necessarily. In addition to what Zimme already mentioned, most players in the 'good ole furballs' had been dedicated furball purists at all. Most players traditionally fell between the extreme gameplay poles this game offers. It's my opinion that indeed the decline of furballs is also a lot (if not mostly) due to greatly reduced player density on a map. Of course m3 resupply can have a sizeable impact too when enemy city is at 100%, cause a base attack either succeeds or fails very quickly.

On traditional furballer purists though, m3s and manned guns shouldn't have any impact, after all they are not tying to capture the base or vulch the field, aren't they? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #798 on: July 03, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »

Not necessarily. In addition to what Zimme already mentioned, most players in the 'good ole furballs' had been dedicated furball purists at all. Most players traditionally fell between the extreme gameplay poles this game offers. It's my opinion that indeed the decline of furballs is also a lot (if not mostly) due to greatly reduced player density on a map. Of course m3 resupply can have a sizeable impact too when enemy city is at 100%, cause a base attack either succeeds or fails very quickly.

On traditional furballer purists though, m3s and manned guns shouldn't have any impact, after all they are not tying to capture the base or vulch the field, aren't they? ;)
I know you can't pull that from those graphs but I gotta try right??? :D

As you know furballs/fights tend to form around base captures...but those game play features make it so they don't have to up and defend...so the only thing the furballers have to shoot is the ack....which leads to vulching.  :aok

I'm definitely not a purist...I just speak highly for the air fight because I think that's the one that has taken the most decline with the numbers dropping. I can jump in a gv battle today and it would feel the same as it was 5-6 years ago...a fighter??? Not so much
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2016, 09:23:34 AM »
My perception is that the Wirbys have taken over the base defenses to quite some extent, previously it was a fighter job.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:27 AM »
I'm definitely not a purist...I just speak highly for the air fight because I think that's the one that has taken the most decline with the numbers dropping. I can jump in a gv battle today and it would feel the same as it was 5-6 years ago...a fighter??? Not so much

There had been a lot of change with GV battles as well, of course more notable when not playing at US primetime.  For example in 12/13 I could find a lot of action during Euro prime (US afternoon) in the TT area of CraterMa. When I left in late 15, that place had almost been deserted. The large GV battles outside the various Tank Town areas (for example the huge armored drives on enemy Vbases on FesterMa (the larger predecessor of todays Fester map) had also almost ceased to exist.
The GV game has been suffering from very similar effects as the air game, slowly shifting from battles to isolated sneaks and a lot of M3 running, because you don't need any critical mass for such solitary actions. There are much less GVs around than 2, 4 or 10 years ago.

I will post percentages of time spend in various modes later today

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 03, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »
Here we go.. a few more updated charts:

First, time distribution between the different game(scoring) modes for the (LW) MA (except, as always, from III/2006 to III/2007, as EW & MW was included in the LW arena data during that time)
Missing is the time spent in manned guns, no data available on that

As you can see, it's still not "AH's now just GV everywhere" ;)

This is how the various kind of kills are distributed (Air to Air, Air to Ground, Ground to Ground, Ground to air):

For interpretation of this, the context is important. When the share of the G2G kills (=tanks shooting each other) suddenly rose it did not mean that suddenly about everybody jumped to tanks (as you can clearly see by the first chart). At that time the GV control system was fundamentally revamped, allowing for a much faster pace in GV combat than before.

And finally the k/h for the different scoring modes:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #802 on: July 07, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »
Here we go.. a few more updated charts:

First, time distribution between the different game(scoring) modes for the (LW) MA (except, as always, from III/2006 to III/2007, as EW & MW was included in the LW arena data during that time)
Missing is the time spent in manned guns, no data available on that

As you can see, it's still not "AH's now just GV everywhere" ;)

This is how the various kind of kills are distributed (Air to Air, Air to Ground, Ground to Ground, Ground to air):

For interpretation of this, the context is important. When the share of the G2G kills (=tanks shooting each other) suddenly rose it did not mean that suddenly about everybody jumped to tanks (as you can clearly see by the first chart). At that time the GV control system was fundamentally revamped, allowing for a much faster pace in GV combat than before.

And finally the k/h for the different scoring modes:

Another surprise, is that the time in bombers has been slowly increasing since 2011.   Most of the bombers I've encountered the past year or two seem to be crazy high and much fewer bomber sightings in general.   Not sure when it started, but base takers tend to rely more on massed heavy fighters than buffs.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #803 on: July 09, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »
I came in briefly the other day and it seemed every other Bish player was a set of buffs. 

Guess it's time to dust off the 262  or meteor if HTC finally adds it.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #804 on: July 09, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
We invented the jet engine not the narzzies :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #805 on: July 09, 2016, 10:37:28 AM »
I came in briefly the other day and it seemed every other Bish player was a set of buffs. 

I've been flying the 410, specifically looking for bombers and almost invariably getting stuck dogfighting in this pig.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:26 PM »
base captures - effort

Following chart shows the total hours of gameplay per captured base in the LW arena(s).
(total hours of all pilots with at least 1 kill or death in a tour)/(number of scored base captures)

Some things that may had an influence on the capture rate:

New, much larger towns: Tour 126 (needed 100% destruction, had no flags to indicate status)
Town requirement set to 50%, flag added: Tour 131
Town requirement set to current 75%: Tour 136
Peak/Offpeak arena format: Tour 130
Back to single LW arena format: Tour 137
Fundamental strat change (zones deleted, central strats and current base resupply mechanism introduced): Tour 151/152

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #807 on: July 23, 2016, 02:53:11 AM »
That is very interesting. Thanks Lusche.

I wonder I the reading for less hours per capture has to do with the lower players numbers over time. Like when one countrry goes on a capture streak in the off peak hours with little resistance.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 23, 2016, 03:20:42 AM »
I wonder I the reading for less hours per capture has to do with the lower players numbers over time.

This absolutely has a great impact and is most probably the reason why we have a steady decline in h/capture in the recent past (for the record, captures/player are going up in a similar way).
The smaller the population, the smaller the player density in a given arena, the more chances you have to sneak a base. Sometimes it may even be seen as the only thing you can do when there's really not much else going on.
In the EW arena, the h/capture traditionally have been extremely low, in MW somewhat higher.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #809 on: July 23, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »

with very few players on its hard to take bases etc, strat runs is often the most productive thing to do..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking