Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 88229 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #810 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »
Where is the Lusche graph that shows an approximation of players since 2004 and also the one that shows number of players at each hour of the day?

I was trying to find those recently, but couldn't.  I spent 15 minutes at it in searches.  My search technique must be lame, but I did try.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2016, 03:35:54 AM »
A first quick look at Buzzaw

I did run my activity tracker when the new terrain came up yesterday (but dumb me only did that two hours in).
Here's the % of GV kills and deaths:

Of course this sample is too small to make any definite statements about GV usage here. (I hope I get some more opportunities to track Buzzsaw data in the remaining 12 days of my account).
But for now, the initial GV usage seems to be very high for these days, which doesn't surprise me after seeing the GV Milk spawns to the factories.

Interestingly Crater now has a signifantly lower percentage in GV kills & deaths than it used to have, which certainly is a result of the now mostly deserted TT area.

But as the environment as a whole has changed a lot with AH3 when it comes to GV'ing, I need completed tour of 'pure' AH3 for making more definite calls.  :old:   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:37:48 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 07, 2016, 04:57:38 AM »
Another interesting tidbit: Last tour, which was the first where AH3 made up the maority of activity, the kills/hour for vehicles had a radical drop from 5.0 down to 3.6. That's the lowest of all tours ever since tour 12 (don't have data before that)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #813 on: October 07, 2016, 05:04:52 AM »
Another interesting tidbit: Last tour, which was the first where AH3 made up the maority of activity, the kills/hour for vehicles had a radical drop from 5.0 down to 3.6. That's the lowest of all tours ever since tour 12 (don't have data before that)
No surprise to me.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #814 on: October 07, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
Lusche, maybe you start a new megathread featuring ah3.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #815 on: October 07, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »
Transplants view of a multifaceted game based on these two posts from previous in the thread.

"As you know furballs/fights tend to form around base captures...but those game play features make it so they don't have to up and defend...so the only thing the furballers have to shoot is the ack....which leads to vulching.  :aok

I'm definitely not a purist...I just speak highly for the air fight because I think that's the one that has taken the most decline with the numbers dropping. I can jump in a gv battle today and it would feel the same as it was 5-6 years ago...a fighter??? Not so much"

"My perception is that the Wirbys have taken over the base defenses to quite some extent, previously it was a fighter job."

Seen this in another sim, where no one would fly to defend after getting shot once or twice, and rather than roll a neighboring field to come in with the advantage they would go to manned guns or ack wagons.   It would lead to the flyers just logging since there was no one to fight (numbers much lower than here)....and with base sneakers having a large NOE ability, it was like playing whack-a-mole trying to find them. 

However, here you can influence things by taking out VH's, fuel, ammo, etc... I don't see that done all the time, and you get the constant influx of ackwagons.

A contested field is a good thing--promotes the fight.  A contested field where no one rolls air to support just leads to guys going elsewhere to look for an airfight....this is player driven vs game play driven.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »
Lusche, maybe you start a new megathread featuring ah3.

I see no reason for that. It's still about the same game as before, with different graphics. Also this thread never was limited to AH2 either, I still used numbers from AH1.
Aces High has always evolved over time, there never was a revolution.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 02, 2016, 04:13:46 AM »
Seems the terrain changes of AH3 had a profound effect on the tank biotope. The Jagdpanzers have become almost extinct, most notably the Hetzer (Jagdpanzer 38(t)):

(How to read this? In tour 198, 10% of all vehicle kills by tanks had been made by the 38(t), in tour 201 only 10%)

Biggest gain for the T-34/85, but given the new topography that's not a surprise either.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #818 on: November 02, 2016, 05:45:56 AM »
I would think before the tree reduction, early on, the M18 would have more kills.  It was a great tank in the thicker woods where the aircraft could  easily take you out.  M18 got to be quite the common site until the tree reduction.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 02, 2016, 05:47:55 AM »
I would think before the tree reduction

Tree reduction? Came this with a recent patch?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #820 on: November 02, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »

Not that I know of.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #821 on: November 02, 2016, 11:49:23 AM »

Just before or just after ah2 shutdown.  Not sure about the timing but definitely not a recent patch.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #822 on: November 02, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
I think he is referring to the introduction of maps that use the Mediterranean tile set which have much lower tree density. The tree density of the Eutopean and Pacific tile sets has only gone up (early in the beta process).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 02, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »
Just for the record, my data doesn't cover things like early beta. 198 is pure AHII, 201 (last tour) is pure AH III

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #824 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »
Lusche, it seems like Tank battles are on the decline this tour.  What do the numbers show?