Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89279 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #825 on: November 23, 2016, 04:12:35 PM »
Lusche, it seems like Tank battles are on the decline this tour.  What do the numbers show?

This is actually a question that is difficult to answer by stats alone. I can provide numbers in form of kills/deaths (preferably for completed tours and even more so for quarters).
But that alone doesn't say much if there are fewer battles, for a 'battle'  can be fast paced and with enormous amount of kills and deaths, or slow with much less kills/deaths for exactly the same duration and number of participants - yet still exciting nevertheless. Things like a new terrain can change not only the number, but also the quality of vehicular combats.

What I can do is to say if players are spending more or less time in vehicles, if the overall k/h has changed and to show the number and distribution of ground combat kills.
After the tour has ended ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #826 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:09 AM »

. . .

What I can do is to say if players are spending more or less time in vehicles, if the overall k/h has changed and to show the number and distribution of ground combat kills.
After the tour has ended ;)

That would work just fine.  Thank you.

I have not ran into any high intensity tank battles in AH3 like a V85 or Crater AH2 days where the canon fire was just about continuous.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 05, 2017, 10:29:11 AM »

Kills by type / quarter, Late War Arena

The recent increase in air to air kills and the corresponding loss in ground to ground (=GV combat) kills doesn't mean players are moving from vehicles back to fighters. The vehicle k/h has gone down significantly since AHIII went live. More on that when the score data for 2016' last tour is available.

Absolute number of kills by type /year, Late War Arena

(From late 2006 to late 2007 EW&MW had been included in LW stats, which increased number of kills by approx. 5-10%)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #828 on: January 05, 2017, 10:39:29 AM »
Wow Lusche, you continue to amaze me with the data you have at your disposal.

Coupla thoughts -  first, a question, really:  What vehicle(s) introduced Q2 in 2011 that caused a significant increase in G2G kills and a drop in A2A kills?   Something happened back then that really braced the ground game.  Any idea what it was?

Second, the decrease in vehicle K/h since AH3: I'm wondering if the new graphic requirements hit the ground gamers harder - that is, as a group is it possible they had more low-end systems that could not handle the new hardware requirements, and had a larger percentage of players who either chose or were forced by circumstance to leave the game?  Its curious to me, because I think the new terrain improved the looks of the ground game quite a bit.   

cheers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 05, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
Wow Lusche, you continue to amaze me with the data you have at your disposal.

Coupla thoughts -  first, a question, really:  What vehicle(s) introduced Q2 in 2011 that caused a significant increase in G2G kills and a drop in A2A kills?   Something happened back then that really braced the ground game.  Any idea what it was?

The vehicle control was changed. No driver position, auto transmission, commanders position, WASD controls. All of this made vehicles more accessible and the k/h went up considerably (and GV usage, in terms of time spend, a bit as well). This made the G2G kill share go up.

Second, the decrease in vehicle K/h since AH3: I'm wondering if the new graphic requirements hit the ground gamers harder - that is, as a group is it possible they had more low-end systems that could not handle the new hardware requirements, and had a larger percentage of players who either chose or were forced by circumstance to leave the game?  Its curious to me, because I think the new terrain improved the looks of the ground game quite a bit.   

It's not a technical problem. In fact, the overall time spend in vehicles still went up (again, more on that when the data is available).
It's about the new terrain, the great increase in tree coverage, which often makes it much more difficult to find someone to shoot at. Trees and new spawns basically killed off tank town in crater as well. It takes much more time to find someone to shoot at in the first place.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #830 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
It's about the new terrain, the great increase in tree coverage, which often makes it much more difficult to find someone to shoot at. Trees and new spawns basically killed off tank town in crater as well. It takes much more time to find someone to shoot at in the first place.

This is a good thing. GVing in AH2 was electro-whack-a-mole.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #831 on: January 05, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »
AH3 released 15 September from what I can see. I'm wondering if we want to know how it has impacted the player numbers. The game has taken a hit with every new release in the past but that graphic suggest the 4th quarter numbers are up over 3rd quarter 2016?
That would be a nice turn around I haven't read about.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 05, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »
The game has taken a hit with every new release in the past but that graphic suggest the 4th quarter numbers are up over 3rd quarter 2016?

There is nothing about player numbers in those last graphs, just number of kills by type, which are under the influence of several variables.
As far as I can see, the release of AHIII had only a minor, very short time effect on the player numbers.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #833 on: January 05, 2017, 01:32:04 PM »
Ah yes, I misread the graph. I thought it was total kills instead of percentage of total kills.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #834 on: January 05, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
Looks like 2006-2007 was the best years in Aces High.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #835 on: January 05, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »
Looks like 2006-2007 was the best years in Aces High.

I remember them well. 

I hope we can get back to even 300 to 400 players during US primetime.

With the recent happenings around here on behalf of HTC and community.. its looking good!

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #836 on: January 05, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »
if im ready your chart correctly...the absolute number of kills has plummeted to close to what the number was when the game started in 2000???  is that correct?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #837 on: January 06, 2017, 06:45:10 AM »
It sure is easier to simply drive right through a "spawn camp" than it used to be.

When someone says a spawn in camped, I usually up a M3, drive right through it, and capture the field.

Then I up another M3 and follow the enemy tanks running away from thier spawn camp from ever seeing a green "end sortie" button.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »
Goons have become an endangered species:

In the last three tours, only about 12% of all recorded base captures had been made by C-47.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #839 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:19 PM »
I noticed the same thing since the beginning of AH3 albeit from your graph the decline has been trending down for some time.  I suspect the trend downward is closely tied the declining number of missions.  The recent more steep decline is associated with new map designs I would guess.