Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25986 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »

I am going to shoot Dolby down and have off  with his stock of pies :old:

I might leave him one pie  and a bottle of real ale, its the Geneva Convention section 2 paragraph 5 i believe :old:

Very thoughtful, IPA?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BudHeavy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
Way cool!!!!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »
It's the 2 weeks that are gonna get me... :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Do you guys think the He111H will be more survivable or less survivable than the G4M1?

I am thinking that it will be less survivable.  While it will be tougher, it can't effectively shoot back from any angle.  At least the G4M1 has some punch against fighters approaching from the rear.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2013, 06:40:14 PM »
Do you guys think the He111H will be more survivable or less survivable than the G4M1?

I am thinking that it will be less survivable.  While it will be tougher, it can't effectively shoot back from any angle.  At least the G4M1 has some punch against fighters approaching from the rear.

I think they're just about equal. That rear 20mm is nothing too bad if you can get above/below it. The He-111 would probably be seen more than the G4M in the long run though.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »
Similar.  Ultimately, I believe it will see more use than the G4M based on ordnance alone.  Time will tell, it is hard to speculate really.  We wont know how they will hold up to enemy fire until the new version of AH is released.  Even though I knew the G4M was known to be a "weak plane" in the real deal, I never would have guessed it would have been as fragile as it is in AH. 

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2013, 07:53:56 PM »
Similar.  Ultimately, I believe it will see more use than the G4M based on ordnance alone.  Time will tell, it is hard to speculate really.  We wont know how they will hold up to enemy fire until the new version of AH is released.  Even though I knew the G4M was known to be a "weak plane" in the real deal, I never would have guessed it would have been as fragile as it is in AH. 

This. Not to mention they were flying fire bombs. A single .50 cal put in the general area of the engine would light it up, provided it sparked. G4M's are less durable than the He-111 and by that fact alone, the He-111 will see more action.

Its not too hard to speculate when you put the facts together. The He-111 will see some massive use in the first week or two but after that it'll be seen as much as the SBD or B5N/D3A.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »
Fragile is an understatement.  A fart in the wind will set your Betty on fire.  The Betty has Range, Climb and a heavier sting from tail.  The Heinkel appears to have better overall coverage, better ords and is probably a bit tougher.  Just gotta watch the PW's though.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »
Its not too hard to speculate when you put the facts together. The He-111 will see some massive use in the first week or two but after that it'll be seen as much as the SBD or B5N/D3A.

Both of which are seen quite a lot in AvA, scenarios, snapshots, and FSOs, not to mention EW and MW arenas.

As AckAck said, the MA is not everything that's out there.

- oldman (some may say it isn't even close to the best thing out there)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
This. Not to mention they were flying fire bombs. A single .50 cal put in the general area of the engine would light it up, provided it sparked. G4M's are less durable than the He-111 and by that fact alone, the He-111 will see more action.
The IJN demanded insane range for a twin engined bomber.  Mitsubishi wanted to go to four engines so they could provide armor and self sealing tanks, but the IJN wouldn't hear of it.  In order to get the demanded range they had to actually do a wet wing for the G4M, where the skin of the wing is also the fuel tank, and of course they couldn't do self sealing tanks.

The problem I see in the He111 is that its tail, the easiest and most popular attack point for fighters against bombers, is completely undefended.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:32 PM »

Both of which are seen quite a lot in AvA, scenarios, snapshots, and FSOs, not to mention EW and MW arenas.

As AckAck said, the MA is not everything that's out there.

- oldman (some may say it isn't even close to the best thing out there)

FSO/SE/AvA are obvious exceptions to the use of the He-111. I'm talking MA action only, sure the He-111 is a huge factor in the SE/FSO and sometimes the AvA spectrum, but what it boils down to is how much use it gets in the MA.

(I imply MA as the EWA, MWA, LWA.)

The IJN demanded insane range for a twin engined bomber.  Mitsubishi wanted to go to four engines so they could provide armor and self sealing tanks, but the IJN wouldn't hear of it.  In order to get the demanded range they had to actually do a wet wing for the G4M, where the skin of the wing is also the fuel tank, and of course they couldn't do self sealing tanks.

The problem I see in the He111 is that its tail, the easiest and most popular attack point for fighters against bombers, is completely undefended.

Glass nose + poor defense = bad day if cannons or even .50 cals are used. Frontal attacks will be just as fatal as rear-end attacks. If I were in the He-111 and I were taking damage from the rear, i'd try to turn myself so I can get my belly guns exposed. Rear end attacks are more dangerous if you can get the belly guns up to the attacker, but its unlikely for it to happen.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »
FSO/SE/AvA are obvious exceptions to the use of the He-111. I'm talking MA action only, sure the He-111 is a huge factor in the SE/FSO and sometimes the AvA spectrum, but what it boils down to is how much use it gets in the MA.

(I imply MA as the EWA, MWA, LWA.)

Honestly, who cares what usage it gets in the LW arena?  On the main page, it alludes that the main reason for the He-111 is to plug a hole in the scenario/FSO plane set, which it does.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:12 PM »

Much like the Ju-88? I'm thinking its going to be relegated to the suicide torpedo role against CVs off shore in the MA for the most part.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
Honestly, who cares what usage it gets in the LW arena? 

I do :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »
Honestly, who cares what usage it gets in the LW arena?

A lot more people than you would think.