Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25706 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #420 on: October 26, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »
naaaw, no bias on your part, and you just insulted a whole nation btw.

In that period and rightly so. Despite your delusions, there was no nobility about what the Nazis did or wanted to do. None whatsoever. Individuals might have done brave and noble things in difficult situations but within the context of a nation's endeavours this was a woefully shameful movement and a malignant philosophy which had to be eradicated at all costs.

But do continue to entertain us all with your glowing fantasy idolatry over the whole Nazi entity including the miraculous German engineering which was superior to everything else and continue to suggest that they were simply unlucky and persecuted.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: October 26, 2013, 05:08:24 AM »
Get a source, and that one line in Wikipedia isn't getting it.

Auxiliary ‘drop’ fuel tanks weren’t secret. They were common to most American fighters both Navy and Army in the early to mid 1930′s. Nor were they unknown around the world, as the Germans demonstrated in them in Spain early in 1939 (and forgot them for the Battle of Britain in 1940). They were also standard for the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) and were responsible — along with “long of lean” fuel control techniques — for the A6M3 Zero’s incredible range in 1941.
http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/37362.html

The first Luftwaffe aircraft to have drop tanks were, the Heinkel 51 and the Henschel 123. To increase the range the “manufacturers added drop tanks.” The He-51B structure was strengthened, including twin-wire bracing of the landing gear, and a provision for a 50-liter drop tank beneath the fuselage was added.
http://weaponsandwarfare.com/?p=2456

Mitsubishi A5M ("Claude"). In this aircraft, Japan developed the world's first monoplane shipboard fighter. It was flown in prototype on February 4, 1935, and entered service in 1937, flying extensively in the Sino-Japanese War and in the early days of World War II itself. By the time production ended, 1,094 Claudes had been produced, including a two-seat trainer version, which prepared many pilots for the successor to the Claude, the great Zero.

The A5M variant was a single-seat carrier-based fighter, and the A5M4-K was a two-seat fighter trainer. The aircraft featured all-metal construction with fabric-covered control surfaces and (on later models) one Nakajima Kotobuki 41 nine-cylinder air-cooled radial, rated at 710 horsepower for takeoff. Later models of the aircraft had a wingspan of 36 feet 1 3/16 inches and a fuselage length of 24 feet 9 27/32 inches. Top speed in later models was 270 miles per hour at 9,845 feet, with a service ceiling of 32,150 feet and a range of 746 miles. Typical armament consisted of two fuselage-mounted 7.7-mm machine guns, or two fuselage-mounted 20-mm cannon, or one engine-mounted 20-mm cannon. The aircraft could carry two 66-pound bombs or one 35.2-gallon drop tank.
http://www.fofweb.com/History/MainPrintPage.asp?iPin=WWII0011&DataType=WorldHistory&WinType=Free

in case it didn't register the first time...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2013, 07:20:21 AM »
Get a source, and that one line in Wikipedia isn't getting it.

Picture of a A5M "Claude" taken in 1938. Notice the drop tank?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »
Please....correct me if I am wrong.  At the start of the BoB wasn't the RAF outnumbered in the vicinity of 4 to 1?

Ya....I saw that in the movie Battle of Britain but I also remember reading that somewhere.  I'm going through

my Library seeking additional info.

Oh forgot!  Thee book on the BoB is the book Battle of Britain then and now.  Large book with great info, even daily losses

from both sides (documented loses, plane #, squadron, Pilot etc.)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2013, 08:01:08 AM »

You do that every single time you mention the British. I have, quite literally, never seen you mention anything British without tossing insults at them.  Take the post you just made wherein you claimed the Germans were superior and had all of the aces despite the fact that many British pilots, and pilots from British allied nations, aced during the Battle of Britain.

Taking just the Bf109E-4 and Spitfire Mk Ia, most of us recognize that both had advantages over the other, the Spit doing better at this, the Bf109 better at that and so on resulting in what was probably the most equal match up of disparate fighters in WWII.  You, on the other hand, seem to take that as an insult to the Germans and take it as self evident that the Bf109E-4 was simply superior to the Spitfire Mk Ia.  You seem to carry a massive chip on your shoulder about the British.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
Heinz Knoke  flying a Me 109 E4s with II/JG 52 over England in May 1941 talking of spitfires:
The bastards can make such infernally tight turns; there seems to be no way of nailing them.  
-Heinz Knoke, I flew for the Führer, pg. 32

:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
I think the true beauty (and tragedy) of that era of aerial combat was the pure analog control of a monstrous machine by an individual pitted against another under the same conditions. National policies and affiliations mean nothing for those few brief moments of exhilaration and terror. If we cannot, at this late stage, come to appreciate all the different aircraft and the men and women who engaged in aerial combat in that period of history then something is very wrong.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

Sadly you are the insult to an entire nation.  If we rewarded cluelessness with medals, you'd have the Knights Cross with diamonds and swords.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
Sadly you are the insult to an entire nation.  If we rewarded cluelessness with medals, you'd have the Knights Cross with diamonds and swords.
you guys give him too much credit. there is sufficient evidence to argue his IQ struggles to achieve a double digit number.

he might qualify for the double twinkie with plastic wrap...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:23:34 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Mmmm... Twinkies... Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling.  Iconic Snack Classics modeled at net wt 3 oz.

Source in photo above.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:00:17 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #430 on: October 26, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »
FVW online. Irrational response in 3 .... 2 .... 1?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #431 on: October 26, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
FVW online. Irrational response in 3 .... 2 .... 1?
:furious  dammit, coffee all over myself and the desk...caught me off guard again.  :rofl   :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
jarhed  

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #432 on: October 26, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
Luftwhining at its finest. Also very disrespectful to the many brave pilots of the R.A.F. who fought with skill and courage DEFENDING their country against a savage and evil aggressor.

Evil Empire? Lets see, an Austrian Prince (Ferdinand) gets killed by a Serbian, and this justifies England and France taking all of Germany's colonies and SHRINKING Germany's homeland? England was famous for 'stealing' land from the whole world by the way. Germany was still WITHIN ITS PRE-WW1 BORDERS WHEN ENGLAND DECLARED WAR IN WW2. Oh, and USSR, under Stalin, took the other half of Poland, which they had no territorial claims to, yet not a word from England or France, they only declared war on Germany not Russia. And after ww2, England and FRANCE lost their power, most of the world declared INDEPENDENCE from England. USA already had in 1775 and it took until 1783 to get England off the continent - check USA hero's on USA money, most of them fought England.

Heinz Knoke  flying a Me 109 E4s with II/JG 52 over England in May 1941 talking of spitfires:
The bastards can make such infernally tight turns; there seems to be no way of nailing them. 
-Heinz Knoke, I flew for the Führer, pg. 32

:)
Well maybe Knoke was going much faster than his target and interpreted it wrong, speculative informantion.
In our game the spit DOES EVERYTHING BETTER, SPEED, CLIMB, ROLL, etc etc... why doesn't Knoke mention any of those?
Oh and when it became an altitude contest, the 109E's were coming in higher by like 2 or 3k.

Radar was priceless.
50 miles of water at the shortest distance, besides any distance inland.
The battle was over England, land so they had homefield advantage.
Luft fighters were mostly chained to the bombers.
Droptanks invented yet by either side.
And by some claims, Germany's code machine was already hacked. It had fewer wheels than uboats btw.

Any technological differeneces between spits and huris becomes negligible when compared to all of the listed advantages that both had over the luft, which were superior in in real life. Luft had all the aces even during this early battle.

Ok ok, fuel tanks were invented, I still don't see them on any 'modern fighter' at the time of early 1940, Battle for Britain...
NO MENTION OF THE REST OF THE LIST? A PAGE AGO, IT WAS 'SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OF THE SPIT OVER THE HURI THAT SAVED ENGLAND???
Do you think the RAF would have won the BoB without the Spit?
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »
You made that claim in another thread and it was shown you were incorrect.  Drop tanks were first used in the Spanish Civil War and the Luftwaffe started to use drop tanks as early at 1940.  Do some research Schlowy before you make outlandish and unsupported claims like drop tanks weren't invented and the Spitfire Mk XVI never saw combat.

ack-ack
I'm still waiting for your research, or anyone elses, in that thread. No facts yet, at best an 'air to air' encounter by accident but not on purpose.

Twinkie (Irene, he's been posting twinkies all over this board), didn't even see this coming, not just one response post, but two!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:38:02 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »
Evil Empire? Lets see, an Austrian Prince (Ferdinand) gets killed by a Serbian, and this justifies England and France taking all of Germany's colonies and SHRINKING Germany's homeland?
No, Germany's invading Belgium and France did that. 

As to their colonies, the whole colonial system was abhorrent and everybody's colonies should have been freed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-