Author Topic: Achievement icons  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Achievement icons
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
To all you inspired artists out there, we welcome submissions of icons to use in the achievement system.  Use the following templates to make achievement icons in the appropriate categories.  You can create an icon for an existing achievement that doesn't have an icon or for a future achievement that doesn't yet exist.  However, I cannot guarantee that any icon you submit will be used for the achievement you intended.  Stay within the established artistic style.  Anything that strays too far from that won't be used.  Have fun and if you have a great idea for an icon that doesn't quite fit any existing achievements, we'll continue to add achievements in the future.

Download this zip file for templates in .psd format.  You will need an editor that can work with .psd files and layers.  The unshaded part is what is displayed for when the achievement has been awarded and the shaded part is displayed for unearned achievements.  The layer to put your icon in is labeled "Icon goes here".  The different layers should be self explanatory, please ask if you have any questions.

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/pyro/achvicons.zip

The default template files are named after the first 3 characters of the category name.  The category names are bomber, challenges, country, fighter, general, hidden, historical, special events, and vehicle.

Email your icon submissions to achievements@hitechcreations.com.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Achievement icons
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
When I open the templates I get the following errors, hopefuly not an issue as the files are still working, layers and tags/labels look good (minus the omitted "stars" layer). 

"Unknown data has been encountered reading layer "Stars" and will be discarded.  Continue?"  Ok/Cancel
"Some layer sets were found corrupted and repaired."  Ok

Edit: I'm usnig an older PS, 6.0 I believe.

I'll start adding some images and creating icons (toying around with it) tonight or tomorrow hopefuly.

Also, I don't recall a responce to an earlier question I had regarding direct adaptations of uncopywritten (historical, military, etc.) material being permitted/discouraged for submissions?

IE:

Dilbert the Pilot was a cartoon for pilots during WWII by Robert Osborn for the US Navy Training Division.  He made thousands of drawings used in US Navy traiing manuals and educational posters, and I've seen at least one film that was based off them too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:03:57 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
If you're still seeing all the layers, I wouldn't worry about it.  I've run into this with newer Photoshop versions from our skinners.  I get similar error messages, but I hit "OK," and everything is fine.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:42 AM »
To all you inspired artists out there, we welcome submissions of icons to use in the achievement system.  Use the following templates to make achievement icons in the appropriate categories.  You can create an icon for an existing achievement that doesn't have an icon or for a future achievement that doesn't yet exist.  However, I cannot guarantee that any icon you submit will be used for the achievement you intended.  Stay within the established artistic style.  Anything that strays too far from that won't be used.  Have fun and if you have a great idea for an icon that doesn't quite fit any existing achievements, we'll continue to add achievements in the future.

Download this zip file for templates in .psd format.  You will need an editor that can work with .psd files and layers.  The unshaded part is what is displayed for when the achievement has been awarded and the shaded part is displayed for unearned achievements.  The layer to put your icon in is labeled "Icon goes here".  The different layers should be self explanatory, please ask if you have any questions.

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/pyro/achvicons.zip

The default template files are named after the first 3 characters of the category name.  The category names are bomber, challenges, country, fighter, general, hidden, historical, special events, and vehicle.

Email your icon submissions to achievements@hitechcreations.com.

Is this still something you guys are accepting?

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »
     On the achievement list, what does the number in parentheses in the lower right hand corner represent?  If It's perk point, then why am I never credited?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 08:48:57 AM »
It's how many points are added to your achievement total for completing it. As the points add up you'll hit different levels which will add stars to your name.