Author Topic: P38 Firepower Seems Lame  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: P38 Firepower Seems Lame
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »
+1 on stampf, randy you may want to be more picky about the fights you choose, especially in a p38
now posting as SirNuke

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »
i mapped all together i fire both. 38 is such a target i like to hit hard and move on
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
I'm with Twinboom on that count; hit hard, kill the target and move on. A couple extra seconds is a long time when most of the arena make a bee-line for you after slow perk rides are dead.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »
I'll chime in here as well.  I take the full ammo load, I don't consider the weight savings worth the trade off in trigger time.  Besides with my aim I need all the ammo I can carry.

I have the MG's mapped seperately so I can fire them w/out the cannon depending on the situation, or I can fire both/all guns.  I like having the flexibility to decide based on the situation to save my more limited cannon ammo for when I really need it.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
I made some changes to help my aiming and it is paying off.  There is no doubt now my aiming was lame not the 38's firepower.  I am pushing myself each day to improve in the P38.  I went back to a mustang for a pickup mission, and realized I am hooked on the 38.   :O And to think, I was so close to going to the dark-side not long ago.  :salute

After Latrobe's FOV post and with a Squad mates suggestion, I changed my FOV setting to 93.  At y'all's suggestion, I switched to the large ammo load out and switched the MG to the trigger and the canon to the secondary.  At 93 on my screen it pushes you in a more realistic view and somewhat of a constant zoom.  With the the TrackIR it is perfect.

It took awhile to to get use to the new trigger arrangement but it has paid off. I can tickle a red guy at 1000 out enough that he will stop a run giving me a good shot on his or her turn.  I can also take a few low percentage shots without using up my canon.  if you can get use to a two trigger mapping with the larger load out, it might be worth the missed victories up front while you train another digit.

Thanks again for showing me the way to fight with the P38.