Author Topic: Good fights Who  (Read 4871 times)

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: Good fights Who
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2013, 06:19:03 AM »
I have never fought Who not even seen him in the MA but i came across sonic23 last night in his LA7 and all i can say is damn that guys got some moves he kicked my ass, i was in a spit 8 too  :cry
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
the better shot will 99% of the time, win...

I have read these words from a WW2 pilot(dont remember who said it :headscratch:)

I have out flown guys easy.... missed all my shots and they land the first one they get....

If you had out flown them how did they get a gun solution?

I have a friend who used to duel without any ammo. He would very often fly his opponent into the ground having never offered them a gun solution. Having said that, I stand by my statement that neither is 'best'.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »

If you had out flown them how did they get a gun solution?

I have a friend who used to duel without any ammo. He would very often fly his opponent into the ground having never offered them a gun solution. Having said that, I stand by my statement that neither is 'best'.
Very true.  Kazaa was the only person that I ever saw who could fly and you never would get a solution. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2013, 09:06:46 AM »
I wish I could shoot. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »
Kazaa was exceptional in the spit16 but in any other planes he was just another of the many expert duelers. While your statement is true in the spit16, it would be misleading to suggest that it was true in all planes. I personally rate proficiency in all planes higher than mastery of one. Especially when that one is the spit16. Take bighorn as an example. It did not matter what plane you put him in, he would perform to the same high standard.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »
ammo? i doan need no steenkin' ammo!   :old:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
I wish I could shoot. :old:
What is that you do to me every time we duel?  :t
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
I would have to disagree there batfink, kazaa was exceptional in any ride, he was a freak in the AH world haven't seen anyone who could match him including bighorn or any of the other top sticks. My only comfort is I am taller than him  :rofl  :banana:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
Really? He must have branched out in the last year he played. Last time I fought him he beat me repeatedly in the spit16 then when I suggested we fly the 109g6 he closely lost a few fights then said he hated 109s and that he had to log. That was the last time we fought.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
From my experience....  two very good sticks will eventually get guns solutions on one another if the fight lasts that long... usually in a rolling scissors somewhere, the better shot will win this most of the time....  The exceptional pilot will not give you a good solution even when you've placed yourself in a position to get one, this is also very key... bighorn was the best at this!  I've dueled alot of people over the years and my opinion is that although it takes both aspects(gunnery and flying) to be one of the best, the exceptional duelers were always great shots.... thats what made them exceptional, they didn't miss when they had the shot.  Even with bighorn, although he would outfly you 90% of the time, you still had to hit him the other 10%.... and when you missed, you knew he wasn't going to miss...  Right now there are a whole new lot of great sticks out there who are just as skilled as the old class, and some of them have great gunnery and some are superb at the angles...  I imagine if I played/dueled as much as I used to, I would see some of these new cats are right up there with some of the old school names... it's the nature of the game. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
I think the only natural gift you could have in this game is the ability to learn and at what rate. Take redbull for example like a sponge learns at an incredible rate, think 20 times as fast and that was Kazaa. What takes us weeks months years to learn it takes him minutes. That is the difference I have seen it first hand in hundreds of duels with him.

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
From my experience....  two very good sticks will eventually get guns solutions on one another if the fight lasts that long... usually in a rolling scissors somewhere, the better shot will win this most of the time....  The exceptional pilot will not give you a good solution even when you've placed yourself in a position to get one, this is also very key... bighorn was the best at this!  I've dueled alot of people over the years and my opinion is that although it takes both aspects(gunnery and flying) to be one of the best, the exceptional duelers were always great shots.... thats what made them exceptional, they didn't miss when they had the shot.  Even with bighorn, although he would outfly you 90% of the time, you still had to hit him the other 10%.... and when you missed, you knew he wasn't going to miss...  Right now there are a whole new lot of great sticks out there who are just as skilled as the old class, and some of them have great gunnery and some are superb at the angles...  I imagine if I played/dueled as much as I used to, I would see some of these new cats are right up there with some of the old school names... it's the nature of the game. :aok

I Noticed Drbone is probably the best pilot ive fought as of late who is great at avoiding gun solutions, even more so than redbull or joach1m, it gets very frustrating when you are lining up for a shot and then go wait what just happened.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
I would have to disagree there batfink, kazaa was exceptional in any ride, he was a freak in the AH world haven't seen anyone who could match him including bighorn or any of the other top sticks. My only comfort is I am taller than him  :rofl  :banana:
Wow....

fanboi.....

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »
Wow....

fanboi.....

I will have to read through your posts before I post to see what your opinion is, I certainly didn't like you posting that and now feel a fool, and in the future I think I will refrain from commenting until you have and then post something that is more along your lines to please you. Of course I am being sarcastic, I couldn't give a f$%k what you think  :rofl

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:03 AM »
Wow....

fanboi.....

I don't think you have fought Kazaa...  He really was far superior than anyone I have ever fought against. No bias from me here although it sure looks like it. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek