Author Topic: Curious About the Sound Beta's Outcome  (Read 425 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Curious About the Sound Beta's Outcome
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:02 PM »
Anyone have any info on the recent sound beta? Did we do enough for Pyro and HiTech to help them?

It appeared to be an integral part of HTC releasing the next update with all the new, updated rides, and features. Worth enquiring about the patient's health and well being. I'm curious to see the Ki-43 stack up against the Brewster for the most irritating ankle biter ride in the game. The art work alone warrants a few rides along with seeing the updated Lancaster and C20x's. And the new He111 for you scenario fans.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: Curious About the Sound Beta's Outcome
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »
I am interested in exactly what this new sound engine..thingy can do.

Will it make sounds more realistic by adding engine rev effects,with maybe the sounds of the prop spinning up or down? "think Il-2's bad arse engine sounds"  Will it muffle sounds while inside the cockpit?

:headscratch:
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »
I am interested in exactly what this new sound engine..thingy can do.

Will it make sounds more realistic by adding engine rev effects,with maybe the sounds of the prop spinning up or down? "think Il-2's bad arse engine sounds"  Will it muffle sounds while inside the cockpit?

:headscratch:

I was wondering the same thing, they were looking for people to test it but were vague on what we were looking for. I was testing the first and second release (I've become too attached to my sounds for the latest beta) and it sounded like sounds were a little more muffled at longer distances. This could just be me hearing things though, a lot of times I have so much background noise I can't even hear my squadies talking to me.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
I think the BBS implosion MAY have set a few people back at HTC with the rebuild process.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
It's still ongoing.  The BBS outage had a domino effect in messing up our schedule.  It'll resume after the release goes out.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
I'm still waiting on the clouds.

:rolleyes:
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
They're here, we just need to conspire better to convince them to turn it on or really crank it up in the MAs.  :devil  :pray
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 07:34:55 AM »
Will the new sound engine finally add new sounds to each aircraft by default? And how would sound packs work with all this new jazz
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"