Author Topic: Get rid of this map  (Read 2749 times)

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
Get rid of this map
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
I think the map we have now should be moved to the Mid and Early war areana only as it is to small for MA use...
It is nothing more than a huge furball in there....
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: Get rid of this map
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »

:cry I am stuck at work while there is a huge furball with Oscars and C20*s waiting in the hanger for me.

If the map generates a fight, that's a good thing.

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »
:cry I am stuck at work while there is a huge furball with Oscars and C20*s waiting in the hanger for me.

If the map generates a fight, that's a good thing.

That didn't last very long...It took about 10 minutes for people to realise that they were easy kills.....
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »
Heaven forbid theres fighting in a combat flight game..
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:20:28 PM »
I love this map. More furball maps plZ.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »
I totally agree with the OP here.  This map squeezes every fight to a one or two base front without any means to spread a fight out. In an arena with fewer players this may work better but during prime time where 300+ players are online it makes for a frustrating quagmire of players.

Before anyone else responds to this realize that not everyone plays for the furball (even the furballs in this map are ridiculous).  Due to the terrain shape (arms of land that bottleneck into the aforementioned bottleneck) there is very little that can be done to advance the front and widen the lines.  There are still some who play (and I don't want to get into the whole it's my money I'll do what I want debate) for the base taking and the strategy that goes along with that.  The truth is this game needs both types of players to survive.  But this map truly limits the capabilities and potential for playability.

There are some positives to this map.  The terrain is very well formed and has some great hills and mountains which make for excellent flying and nice views.  I applaud whomever created this map for that work.  I have tinkered with the terrain editor software and now respect those who tackle this undertaking and feel somewhat bad bashing something spent many many hours creating.  The OP's idea of moving this map to the MW or EW arena could prevent the work done to create this map from going to waste.

I'd like to once again call on HTC to step up and go back to the map making business.  I do understand the man hours this would take and the latest update shows the quality of work going on in TX (great job on the newest aircraft they're awesome!).  Take a poll of paying subscribers as to what they would like in a map (good ol democracy at work) and see what you can do.  I bet it will rock!

Just my .02 pesos

-Climber
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:14:27 PM »
Awww you have to actually fight another horde with your horde, how sad for you.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »
Map size makes no difference anymore, majority just horde and fight over two or three sectors no matter what the map size.  Map size just reduces the horde options.

Years ago pre AW the numbers were such on constant basis the small maps suited perfectly. This is one of original maps. After AW arrived and with that larger player numbers over time people requested and got bigger maps.

However the horde mentality which has grown over past few years means map design/size is less relevant. Even if there was a big map on right now, you'd still only see two or three sectors of horde vs horde just as you see now on this map.

Today lone wolf style flying looking for fights is almost completely lost.

<S>..-Gixer

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:23:07 PM by Gixer »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
I think the map we have now should be moved to the Mid and Early war areana only as it is to small for MA use...
HA! Learn to fly then. You wont have to run to the BBS and cry about it.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »

And when we furball it's no fun.
And when we horde it's no fun.
And when there is only one on one action it's no fun.
And when everyone flies at 30k it's no fun.
and spawn camping, ho'ing, picking, vulching...

I prefer some maps over others, but a map I may love, another may hate. I would never want each map to promote the same kind of gameplay.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »
Leave the map alone. The basetakers and Pony tards can suck it up and furball with the rest of us for a day or so every once in a while.  :devil
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »
I once lobbied to get rid of Mindinao and low and behold they took it out of rotation for years.  It turned out I missed Mindi and I'm glad to see it back.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 02:48:06 AM »
I once lobbied to get rid of Mindinao and low and behold they took it out of rotation for years.  It turned out I missed Mindi and I'm glad to see it back.

Why? It had the only giant squid in the game, furballs around the lake monster were fun.  :joystick: :x

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:01 AM »
best air combat ever! most maps are too gv centric to my taste. I mean why fly 15mins to attack while you can spawn a stealth gv right next to the town?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 03:14:14 AM »
If you want a new map, earn it by taking some bases.