Author Topic: <<SALUTE>> Axis forces over V19  (Read 734 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
<<SALUTE>> Axis forces over V19
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:07:18 PM »
As you can tell by my early post (FSO still going on) I met an untimely death...

We realized when we engaged the Ju88s low that there was more than likely Ju87s coming in later, and it happened...

THAT was one of the better FSO engagements I can recall.  One heck of a fight to the south after the Ju87s smashed what was left of V19.  Rodent57 and myself tried to run down the Ju87s and bit off more than (at least I) could chew.  That was a well disciplined squad and I paid the price for a miscalculation on my part.

Wanted to give that strike group on V19 their props.  Well done!   :rock

:salute
SlipKnoT
G3-MF 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: <<SALUTE>> Axis forces over V19
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:33 AM »

<S>

Thank you.

It was a well fought battle by all.

AoM and the JG11 made up the 109F's.

Chawks led the strikers in the 88's, with Air Raiders in the 109E's, and the Gunfighters pulled off the end around with the Stuka's.

A very fun frame.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline wmills

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:39 AM »
III/JG11 and the Muppets were in the fighters.  The Gunfighters in the Stukas.

<S> wmills
(frame 2 axis Cic)

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
once again the 162nd had there butts kicked, but being a new squad i guess that is what to epect. Axis beware though I now have  training officers and just started having weekly training night, I have also appointed officers and starting to form up as a squad. Looking into teamspeak to that seems to me to be a great asset. Give me a little more time allies and we shall be a formable squad.

weiser :cheers:
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »

Weiser.

May I ask what the 162nd was tasked with last night?  I am assuming the defense of V19, but the location we engaged you was 25 miles North of target.  The upside for your team was it delayed our arrival over target.  The downside was that after we destroyed your flight of Hurricanes, there was that many less defenders in close at the base.

You guys flew well, and I certainly would not hang my head if I was any of you.  Just keep fighting for the high ground in those kind of engagements.  Don't give away your advantage and use discipline to control the action, and fight said actions on your terms.

Keep at it.  From what I have seen, the 'Purple Hearts' are dedicated, and growing.  Just what we all here like to see.

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
<S> From AoM. We Bagged 17 of you ruskies over 19 and around that area  :cheers: All of em Good Fights
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
once again the 162nd had there butts kicked, but being a new squad i guess that is what to epect. Axis beware though I now have  training officers and just started having weekly training night, I have also appointed officers and starting to form up as a squad. Looking into teamspeak to that seems to me to be a great asset. Give me a little more time allies and we shall be a formable squad.

Hang in there Wiser. You guys will gel as an FSO squad. Running into JG-11 is always a challenge no matter how experianced your squad is. Keep flying keep fighting and keep at it. Its
good for the event to have you guys flying the FSO with us now.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline razmataz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
Thanks SlipKnot, it was a fun fight. Half my squad was rtb just before you showed up and the other half had just a couple bombs left to destroy a third convoy. We got greedy on that third convoy and paid the price when you guys showed up. At first it was like Yee Haa lets kill the two I-16's, there were six of us I believe. Then the rest of G3-FM showed up and, well it was still fun even though we died. Ju87's aren't as easy to dogfight while laughing  :lol

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »

You guys did great, 2 of your guys worked hard to keep the high ground and kept 3 of us out of the fight for a long period.   :aok
Hopper

JG/11

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
Weiser great fun fights last night.  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »
You guys did great, 2 of your guys worked hard to keep the high ground and kept 3 of us out of the fight for a long period.   :aok
                                                                                                                                         :airplane:
I wanted to ask if half dozen 109's recall fighting with a couple of high I16's but I think it may have been you guys if you where flying 109's. If so that was excellent fun guys! Who the hell was the one that stayed back and taunted us for about ten attempts to kill each other? Carver and I almost kill shot each other trying to get at ya, great fighting and tactics. <S> If it isn't was still a great FSO frame and same goes for this thread. :salute

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:22:44 PM by Poppy »
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »
Thanks SlipKnot, it was a fun fight. Half my squad was rtb just before you showed up and the other half had just a couple bombs left to destroy a third convoy. We got greedy on that third convoy and paid the price when you guys showed up. At first it was like Yee Haa lets kill the two I-16's, there were six of us I believe. Then the rest of G3-FM showed up and, well it was still fun even though we died. Ju87's aren't as easy to dogfight while laughing  :lol

<S> Raz!  I was in the 4 ship flight that showed up to help save Rodent's furry hiney... You guys flew those 87's really well.  Looking back at it... I-16's vs JU-87's... was like a bunch of drunk flying monkeys chasing each other and flinging poo.  Things were looking good for us until the 109's arrived. I got one incredibly lucky shot in on Maineac1 and he went boom... then it rapidly went downhill.  

And the best part?  Rodent was the only one of us to make it out of that mess alive.

Had a blast though :)

***G3-MF***

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:32 AM »
thanks for the words of encouragements guys, we are a dedicated squad to the FSO and we shall succeed

<S> all
weiser
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »
Looking into teamspeak to that seems to me to be a great asset.    

We (VF-17) use Ventrillo, and like it very much. But whichever program you end up using will greatly increase comm's amongs your squadron, especially between individual elements, as well as between element leaders and your group leaders, thereby increasing your chances of success and making your squad even better. Congrat's, and best of luck to you.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »
G3-MF uses C3.  It is like Teamspeak on steriods.  Often times, the range and squad VOXs have delay during the fight and you may hear a check 67 call up to 30 seconds after your arrival in the tower.  The C3 gives us instant comms and immediate reaction time for those hair raising, heavy comm fights. 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)