Author Topic: "Unable to open settings/planes/he111.pwl"  (Read 345 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
"Unable to open settings/planes/he111.pwl"
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
I get the above error message when I select the He111 and Ki-43 in the hanger.  I've re-downloaded the new version and re-downloaded the high rez pack.  This error, what ever it is, does not stop me from using the plane(s), it just hesitates the game when I select the plane in the hanger.  More of an annoyance.  Thoughts on how to fix it?  Thanks.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: "Unable to open settings/planes/he111.pwl"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »
Go into your Aces High folder, right click on the settings folder and select properties.  Unmark the read only checkbox and click ok.  Select apply changes to all subfolders and files.  Then see if the problem persists.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:19 AM »
When I uncheck the "read only" box, I get a "You will to provide administrator permission to change these attributes".  The changes do not stick.  Further suggestions?  Is that a Windows 8 thing or is that a HTC thing?   :)  Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:07:11 AM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
Windows 8 is not letting AH change that file most probably do to running AH as administrator at some point.

HiTech

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
Windows 8 is not letting AH change that file most probably do to running AH as administrator at some point.

HiTech

I've tried tinkering with my admin settings, etc, but nothing seems to work.  Is this one of the wonderful Win8 moments?   :) 

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:45:04 PM »
I am running windows 8 and I'm not having these problems

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
I'll do a complete reinstall of the game and we'll see if that works.  

EDIT: Whatever caused it is now fixed.  I did a reinstall and the issue went away.  I simply downloaded the game from the website and installed it over top of what I already had.  I didn't delete anything.  So... .problem taken care of.

Thanks.   :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:27:43 AM by SmokinLoon »