Author Topic: Adding Features to ghe Game  (Read 166 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Adding Features to ghe Game
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »
 :airplane: Now that Hi Tech has decided to add some realism features to the game, i.e., the wind. I would like to suggest adding some parked aircraft on the ramps and each would have a damage point assigned, example, a bomber maybe 200 points, a fighter 150 points. Down time for aircraft would be 15 mins before re-spawn. Once all the aircraft were destroyed on the ground, just like in real war, no aircraft could take off from that airfield until at least one of each type of aircraft had re-spawned. Example, you couldn't fly a bomber from that field until at least one bomber had respawned. Same thing with the fighters.
This would add a different type of mission by each country, as now they would not have to take down hangars to dis-able an airfield for capture. It would certainly add more "Jabo" missions into the game. Don't park them in a row, like they did at Hickam AAFB on Dec 7th, 1941, or the same thing would happen. I would suggest scrattering them around on the field, where a bomb would not kill two aircraft at one time.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Adding Features to ghe Game
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
While I'd like to see a ramp full of static aircraft, I don't want their destruction to have as great effect as limiting what I can fly.
Strafing planes is easier than de-acking. Think about how fast the Vtards could shut down a base if all they had to do gun down some stationary aircraft?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »
While I'd like to see a ramp full of static aircraft, I don't want their destruction to have as great effect as limiting what I can fly.
Strafing planes is easier than de-acking. Think about how fast the Vtards could shut down a base if all they had to do gun down some stationary aircraft?
:airplane: And how many do you think they would lose to AA?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
:airplane: And how many do you think they would lose to AA?

3 or 4 out of 20 or 30?  Not enough to measurably slow them down?  The ability to not need to go heavy to shut down a base is just bad in every conceivable way.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
3 or 4 out of 20 or 30?  Not enough to measurably slow them down?  The ability to not need to go heavy to shut down a base is just bad in every conceivable way.

Wiley.
exactly.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com